REWORK NATURAL HEALING

Grand Marshal.4098

It's so bad. Like it's so unbelievably bad. It has no purpose. I want to use it. I can't... Why? 

With its current CD I propose for this (Comp modes mainly but PvE is fine with anything). 

Natural Healing

Cooldown: 25 seconds, Cast-time: 1/2 seconds

"Heal over time and steal boons. Heal for an additional amount per boon stolen" 

Healing: 1000 ×5 pulses (1 second per pulse) 

Boons removed per pulse: 1 boon from each foe around you (same boon gets ripped by all 5 enemies around you, but only grants you a single application of it etc.) 

Additional healing per boon removed: 500

Number of targets: 5

Radius: 900

Boon steal is unblockable

Duration of boons stolen: 5 seconds

A potent heal skill that works well with Spellbreaker, introduces more boonrip in the kit, does not sacrifice our boons to gain Attacker's Insight, can reliably debuff enemies while also buffing the warrior and does not overlap with other heal skills. 

Edited by Grand Marshal.4098
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

If it is going to rip the same boon, then it would have to go down a priority in order, and only rip lower priority boons if higher priority boons were not on any of the targets.

A priority list could be:

Aegis
Stability
Protection
Resolution
Alacrity
Quickness
Might
Fury
Vigor
Resistance
Swiftness
Regeneration.

Yup agreed. 

14 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

I agree that NH needs a rework.

I'd propose:

3/4s cast, 25s CD

Heal for 1000hp per sec x 7 sec

Cleanse one condition per pulse

Gain one attack of AI for each condition cleansed in this way

Was thinking about the condi cleanse part, but felt like it contends with Mending too much. So I slapped aome boon steal which we have seen in Deadeye's heal cantrip and Signet of the Locust. 

Nevertheless, maybe the cleanse could compete nicely for a spot for non-strength builds. 

1 hour ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Yup agreed. 

Was thinking about the condi cleanse part, but felt like it contends with Mending too much. So I slapped aome boon steal which we have seen in Deadeye's heal cantrip and Signet of the Locust. 

Nevertheless, maybe the cleanse could compete nicely for a spot for non-strength builds. 

I think mending needs some competition, tbh. Warrior depends on it for cleansing in many builds(along with SIO, ofc). It would be nice to have some alternatives. 

I would not have it remove a specific boon, and just have general strip, otherwise it will be useless in some scenarios. Imo flexibility of use > circumstantial priorities. 

I would personally combine the two ideas of GM and Calm;

Heal 1000 per second for 7 seconds. Each second, cleanse a condition and remove boons from nearby foes. For each boon removed, heal for an additional 500 (max 500 additional health per second). 

That keeps the condition cleanse that is built into the current trait, and refocuses the strip to be against enemy groups instead of on yourself, increasing trait synergy and the number of potential use cases. 

In regards to mending, it doesn’t directly compete because the functional niche is completely different, being an over-time function rather than a large-packet function. I’d argue that current natural healing competes directly more with mending than this reworked concept, which is why Natural Healing doesn’t get used. When you differentiate the functions, you give them a different set of use cases, which creates proper tradeoffs between taking one heal over the other. (Example; Taking Natural Healing would mean you don’t have Mending’s large packet cleanse and heal, which means you need to use your heal more preventatively, but can also use it proactively in anticipation of a heavy burst) 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

I would not have it remove a specific boon, and just have general strip, otherwise it will be useless in some scenarios. Imo flexibility of use > circumstantial priorities. 

Heal 1000 per second for 7 seconds. Each second, cleanse a condition and remove boons from nearby foes. For each boon removed, heal for an additional 500 (max 500 additional health per second). 

That keeps the condition cleanse that is built into the current trait, and refocuses the strip to be against enemy groups instead of on yourself, increasing trait synergy and the number of potential use cases. 

In regards to mending, it doesn’t directly compete because the functional niche is completely different, being an over-time function rather than a large-packet function. I’d argue that current natural healing competes directly more with mending than this reworked concept, which is why Natural Healing doesn’t get used. When you differentiate the functions, you give them a different set of use cases, which creates proper tradeoffs between taking one heal over the other. (Example; Taking Natural Healing would mean you don’t have Mending’s large packet cleanse and heal, which means you need to use your heal more preventatively, but can also use it proactively in anticipation of a heavy burst) 

I like it. Good idea!

The boon removal would also create AI stacks, so the heal skill would really be quite versatile. 

39 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

yeah that's fair. I just wanted to give a reason for 25 sec CD, might become a 30 sec CD if it cleanses and steals boons.

2 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

yeah that's fair. I just wanted to give a reason for 25 sec CD, might become a 30 sec CD if it cleanses and steals boons.

Yes, it should probably be 27-30s CD. With a 7 second effect, that would put the real cooldown at 20-23 seconds, which is shorter than current natural healing .

I don't think stealing boons is necessary. However, I have supported changes to Natural Healing in the past before and will continue to support any change removing its boon removal on the spellbreaker itself.

Natural Healing could have easily been the warrior's version of the scourge heal (Sand Flare).

If you want it to be universally useful even in the face of "boonspam" then it could just remove protection and resolution.

Some other brainstorming ideas: make the heal also an attack, the more boons you lose, the more attacks around you.  Combo with Loss Aversion and Enchantment collapse and the heal could be a point blank boon-strip+damage burst.

Or perhaps a "boon exchange" mechanic that removes all boons on self and replace each with 1.5sec of resistance per boon and perhaps give resolution for every condi removed.

1 hour ago, Leo G.4501 said:

Some other brainstorming ideas: make the heal also an attack, the more boons you lose, the more attacks around you.  Combo with Loss Aversion and Enchantment collapse and the heal could be a point blank boon-strip+damage burst.

Or perhaps a "boon exchange" mechanic that removes all boons on self and replace each with 1.5sec of resistance per boon and perhaps give resolution for every condi removed.

Or what about: "gain .25 sec of Full Counter for each boon removed, to a max of 2 seconds"

Or: Use FC with a 1 sec CD for 4 seconds before resetting to the standard CD.

Edited by Opopanax.1803

On 10/21/2022 at 9:26 PM, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Was thinking about the condi cleanse part, but felt like it contends with Mending too much.

i don't think it should be an issue that it contends with mending since only spellbreaker can run it to begin with. this goes for other elite spec specific skills as well.

• Confused 1