Gun-Saber(And other kits) skins?

Kunavi.2407

We now have Jade Bot skins, I see a lot of people using them including the heavily overpriced winged cat. So where are the Gun-Saber(And accompanying sheath) skins for BladeSworn, the mortar skins for Engi and so on? It's reasonable to think those would sell just as well as Jade Bot skins if not better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doggie.3184 said:

2-3 but only Engi makes use of it. Deadeye is a spec barely worth acknowledging that it exists and Warrior rarely use it.

Perhaps, but the point stands.  Offering skins for a weapon only usable by one profession (and an elite one at that) doesn't set a good precedent IMO.  Saying this point is true for rifles is simply incorrect.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Perhaps, but the point stands.  Offering skins for a weapon only usable by one profession (and an elite one at that) doesn't set a good precedent IMO.  Saying this point is true for rifles is simply incorrect.

It absolutly stands true, lol, as someone who crafted HMS Divinity and never got to make use of it till 5~ years later with Engi buff because Deadeye Rifle became a big failure and it was the least used weapon category in the game. You're being really apathetic. Anet has made countless skins that have very minimal access/use across classes. That is a ton of design work for something few can use. Skins for frequently used class mechanics would probably get more screentime than them if it were a thing.

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, Doggie.3184 said:

It absolutly stands true, lol, as someone who crafted HMS Divinity and never got to make use of it till 5~ years later with Engi buff because Deadeye Rifle became a big failure and it was the least used weapon category in the game

Something being unbalanced in PvE does not mean players no longer have access to it. You're trying to equate a weapon skin that can be used on multiple classes to a cosmetic that can only be used by one class exclusively regardless of balance. Popularity is not comparable to exclusivity.

No. It's a bad idea.

3 hours ago, Doggie.3184 said:

Anet has made countless skins that have very minimal access/use across classes. That is a ton of design work for something few can use.

I'm having a hard time thinking of any that are exclusive to one class.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2022 at 8:52 PM, Freya.9075 said:

may not be exactly what you want, but plasma skins kinda does what you request i think? (gun-saber)

Plasma Pistol - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

He's talking about the Bladesworn (Warrior E-spec) mechanic.

Personally, while I would like to see E-spec core customisation (like mechanist Jade Bot skins), I would begin to worry that future E-specs might be designed around selling skins.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1