Revenant vs Warrior

Zbysier.3425

20 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Deadlifts and squats build the glutes rather well on their own. Hip thrusts are great as well.

Indeed, though I’ve found since incorporating glute extensions and hip flexor raises on a cable machine (basically forward and reverse ends of the same movement) that I have much better stability and explosiveness in the hole when squatting. That’s helped immensely for getting in more volume on heavier weights, personally, so I’m a fan. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

<beautiful display of love>

I regards to feelings and fun, I agree with you. But sadly, the OP explicitly excluded these intrinsic rewards. Thus, his/her interpretation of rewarding in this case is exclusively extrinsic (meaning easier gold/loot/other materialistic gains).

Although, I don't share your extend of love for Full Counter. But that's mostly because I'm generally not good with it or similar mechanics in other games, like parrying in Fromsoft games.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I regards to feelings and fun, I agree with you. But sadly, the OP explicitly excluded these intrinsic rewards. Thus, his/her interpretation of rewarding in this case is exclusively extrinsic (meaning easier gold/loot/other materialistic gains).

Although, I don't share your extend of love for Full Counter. But that's mostly because I'm generally not good with it or similar mechanics in other games, like parrying in Fromsoft games.

I would love to play War (that is/was always my first pick class/profession, my love). On D1 when  GW2 launched (even in betas) I had warrior. But after few years of playing (before HoT) I stopped it and following some strange logic deleted my warrior. Now I am back, I miss him, yet I really struggle to play it without dying too often...  comparing to Rev. 

• Thanks 1

Kinda depends the level of experience imo. Warrior just makes sense to me. At its core the warrior is the most basic class out of all 9 classes, the weapon skills and design follow the traditional rules and playstyle of the MMO heavy armor melee damage dealer. Once accustomed to the class, the revenant in general has alot more to offer while warrior struggles with some key elements. For higher end PvE bladesworn can be really powerful aslong as its in proper hands and there's enough available support at hand. Id say in general revenant is the way to go, but warrior definitely also has its uses.

(Also there's a big balance patch announced for the end of the month, upcoming Friday they will announce the suggested balance changes. There's a good possibility that this will result in warrior getting some buffs since the overall playrate of warrior is quite low atm.)

• Confused 1

59 minutes ago, Zbysier.3425 said:

I would love to play War (that is/was always my first pick class/profession, my love). On D1 when  GW2 launched (even in betas) I had warrior. But after few years of playing (before HoT) I stopped it and following some strange logic deleted my warrior. Now I am back, I miss him, yet I really struggle to play it without dying too often...  comparing to Rev. 

Str: Top/Mid/Mid
Tact: Top/Bot/Bot

Mending, FGJ, Frenzy, SIO, SoR

Use a greatsword, cap out your precision, and run one of the runes that summons a critter. You'll never die.

1 hour ago, Zbysier.3425 said:

I struggle with surviving on my Warrior in more recent content, too. That doesn't stop me from loving how it feels to play my Warrior though.

29 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Str: Top/Mid/Mid
Tact: Top/Bot/Bot

Mending, FGJ, Frenzy, SIO, SoR

I'd like to use Tactics and SoR, if Arenanet could finally be bothered to remove the unnecessary and unwanted particle effects from Soldier's Focus and SoR (or at the very least give us a client-side option for both).

But since Arenanet is unlikely to do either, I'll stick with my Discipline-Strength Spellbreaker that uses Hounds of Balthazar.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I struggle with surviving on my Warrior in more recent content, too. That doesn't stop me from loving how it feels to play my Warrior though.

maybe I must mature to become a warrior. Perhaps @oscuro.9720 should judge me if I am worthy to become warrior, but I am not sure if I am ready for this :classic_tongue:

Edited by Zbysier.3425
  • Haha 1

Core warrior in vanilla gw2 is actually not bad, i'm sure most hard core warriors loved warrior from vanilla.

every other classes were all quite the same level, with very obvious down sides  and all, like core engi, core thief, etc.

what started changing is after the expansions, while other classes evolved, warrior stayed.

i loved core warrior in vanilla, for the unique play style it offered in vanilla gw2, but i barely played it after first expansion. it's not unique anymore and it did not get diversity either like all other classes got, on top of staying basically the same.

disregarding effectiveness, there's basically 0 reason to warrior, when every other classes can also warrior and more.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zbysier.3425 said:

would you share the name of that rune?

There are several.

Privateer Summons a parrot
Ogre Summons a rock dog
Lich Summons a jagged horror
Golemancet summons a golem

Some racial skills summon npc allies, like Hounds of Balthazar.
If you are in OW PvE, there are items that can be used to summon npc allies as well.

Generally speaking though if other players are nearby, or generic npcs that is enough to fuel Mending Might for healing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zbysier.3425 said:

well... I am pretty sure I want to be 🙂

One of us... One of us...

In all seriousness you can do all content in PvE with a warrior. Some parts will be a wee bit of a struggle, but you'll come out as a better player overall as a result. Just have several builds and gear sets handy to swap from melee power to condi ranged if you need to.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/8/2022 at 6:24 AM, Zbysier.3425 said:

well... I am pretty sure I want to be 🙂

My brother, thou hast answered thine own question. The path of the Warrior is not one which one must be worthy to walk, it is open to all. Some become warriors because they walk the path, and others walk the path because they have always been a warrior. Either way, it matters not. If you have the flame of desire burning in your heart, and the determination to see it through, than anyone can reach towards the glorious heights only afforded to those willing to risk themselves on the path of the Warrior. In the words of the Scripture; “‘day one’ is better than ‘one day’”

Edited by oscuro.9720
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

The answer to the initial question: rev. Versatility. 

But since the latest patches warr got some really fun stuff especially for OW and messing around. What I'm playing right now in OW. Strength, defense, spellbreaker. Hammer / dagger+shield (I just use my pvp setup, shield is overkill in CC and defense for pve). You can easily go full zerker/scholar gear you wont die. Literary more than half of your abilities are CC, not exaggerating. You get stability on CC. Oh and your hammer F1 crits for like 15k AOE and stuns. And I've got 25k crits with hammer 2 on CCed enemies. And hammer is not even your big dmg dealer weapon. And again you have so much CC there is not a break bar in the game that will last against you.

I've seen similar builds in sPvP more and more lately and some look broken, let's see, I suspect nerfs.

Bladesworn is so last week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

On 11/10/2022 at 1:05 PM, Cuks.8241 said:

The answer to the initial question: rev. Versatility. 

But since the latest patches warr got some really fun stuff especially for OW and messing around. What I'm playing right now in OW. Strength, defense, spellbreaker. Hammer / dagger+shield (I just use my pvp setup, shield is overkill in CC and defense for pve). You can easily go full zerker/scholar gear you wont die. Literary more than half of your abilities are CC, not exaggerating. You get stability on CC. Oh and your hammer F1 crits for like 15k AOE and stuns. And I've got 25k crits with hammer 2 on CCed enemies. And hammer is not even your big dmg dealer weapon. And again you have so much CC there is not a break bar in the game that will last against you.

I've seen similar builds in sPvP more and more lately and some look broken, let's see, I suspect nerfs.

Bladesworn is so last week.

I too have been playing OW STR/DEF/SB with hammer and mace/shield.  It is not lacking in damage and really gives some good sustain, more than what you would think because you are literally interrupting and knocking enemies down and out of their damage so frequently.

+1

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Zbysier.3425 said:

so... I've fell in love with my warrior... again 🙂... thanks @Lan Deathrider.5910 for this build 🙂 thanks a lot.

Warrior might not be in place where he should be, but the warrior's community is superb 🙂

You are always welcome to come ask for tips and advice.

Now go buy the Savage Scale and be a barbarian with the rest of us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/8/2022 at 4:49 AM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Deadlifts and squats build the glutes rather well on their own. Hip thrusts are great as well.

Bulgarian Split Squats are pretty good too for building hypertrophy. Your legs will hate you the next day but its temporary.

Anyway...

Warrior is just 3 different flavours of Melee dps. They can equip a rifle, but thats about as cool as rifle gets. They have a long bow but its best used in melee. Warrior is my main and I love it (Except when I use a skill called Backbreaker in wvw only to see I'm doing 9 damage to the persons back, dont see how thats a Backbreaker but w/e). 

Rev can autoshot kite and heal and do pretty well in renegade, even with the nerf to battlescar healing a while ago. Warrior can't do that.

Revenant of course....it's not even a comparison, it's like giving people a choice between a Lamborghini and a toy car....Revenant got literally everything you can cover in this game: mobility, teleport, roaming, duelling,support, pvp, pve, wow...the only thing missing from Revenant: stealth and I can see it coming with next elite

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1