WvW Warlord armor box stat not available

Error.6071

20 minutes ago, Error.6071 said:

I have 6 of these armor boxes and based on the wiki they should have trailblazer stats, it took a bit more than 6 weeks to acquire these and from what I can see there is no option to pick trailblazer stats like the wiki shows. Am I mistaken or is this the case for everyone else too?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Warlord's_Breastplate

Are they Warlord's Armor Boxes?

20 minutes ago, Error.6071 said:

I have 6 of these armor boxes and based on the wiki they should have trailblazer stats, it took a bit more than 6 weeks to acquire these and from what I can see there is no option to pick trailblazer stats like the wiki shows. Am I mistaken or is this the case for everyone else too?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Warlord's_Breastplate

Wild shot here:  do you have heart of thorns?  I imagine you do, but if you don’t, that armor type likely would not be available to you?  

At this stage of the game I’d be shocked if you didn’t have it…

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

Are they Warlord's Armor Boxes?

Correct

24 minutes ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

Wild shot here:  do you have heart of thorns?  I imagine you do, but if you don’t, that armor type likely would not be available to you?  

At this stage of the game I’d be shocked if you didn’t have it…

I do not have heart of thorns. That does seem odd for stats to be locked based on what you have purchased (not referring to crafting or vendors). I bought the core years before it was free, I have not had any lack of content to want expansions for how I play.

Is this officially announced by Arena net that we cannot access stats created post core? I could understand more if the armor boxes were obtained before the stats were created, but they were all in the past 2 months.

I do understand things like Superior Rune of Durability is expansion only, but that is from a vendor/crafting. I would equate this to a dungeon chest having more stat choices if you own expansions and limited to 3 choices if you do not.

If this is the case, that is not incentive to buy either expansion; if anything that turns me in the opposite direction. 

Thank you for the clarity

Edited by Error.6071

Thinking about it now, I have marauder trinkets and access to other 4 stat gear either from vendors or crafting. Why is trailblazer so special that it requires an expansion and the other ones do not? 

I suppose this is an Arena net question more than one a player can answer

6 hours ago, Error.6071 said:

Why is trailblazer so special that it requires an expansion and the other ones do not?

It's not about which armor stat is 'special' and which not. It's about having the respective content unlocked on your account. Marauder was introduced before Heart of Thorns, which is why you have access to those stats.

A lot of older box gear doesn't have modern choosable stats. I get the impression that hooking them all into the same procedure would be the best way to go about these choosy gear stats. That way, you can add more stat sets and all the old gear would update automatically - but they don't do that 😞 sadly.

11 hours ago, Error.6071 said:

Thinking about it now, I have marauder trinkets and access to other 4 stat gear either from vendors or crafting. Why is trailblazer so special that it requires an expansion and the other ones do not? 

It is more of an Anet question to answer.  

This has been an issue since HoT came out, and not just for that time frame.  Elite specs aren’t available, gliding or mounts aren’t available depending on  which expansions / living stories you have.  

Why some stats and not others I am not sure.

8 hours ago, Bizgurk.5639 said:

It's not about which armor stat is 'special' and which not. It's about having the respective content unlocked on your account. Marauder was introduced before Heart of Thorns, which is why you have access to those stats.

Marauder was introduced with HoT, per the prefixes page on the wiki.  I'm actually unsure why it's available for those without the content.  Maybe it was added as core-available because one simply can't play a power build in the modern era without its literally 20% better stats, but it is indeed HoT content.

15 hours ago, Error.6071 said:

Is this officially announced by Arena net that we cannot access stats created post core?

If this is the case, that is not incentive to buy either expansion; if anything that turns me in the opposite direction.

Thank you for the clarity

I don't think so, but it operates this way with all stat combinations introduced in each respective expansion.  I think this was done because ANet said they will never increase the level cap/have "vertical progression" when they announced HoT.

Unfortunately, they have failed to answer for why then the expansion content just flat-out gives more/objectively-superior stat combinations with these new prefix options, and obviously blatantly-better elite spec access.

And as for being upset about that:  Yeah, join the club.  ANet lost a very significant number of paying customers/players because of this issue, myself included.  I was gifted PoF, and never bought EoD.

4 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

It is more of an Anet question to answer.  

This has been an issue since HoT came out, and not just for that time frame.  Elite specs aren’t available, gliding or mounts aren’t available depending on  which expansions / living stories you have.  

Why some stats and not others I am not sure.

No I think you nailed it, linking it to expansion is an encouragement for people to get those expansions. Have never seen this listed as a bug to be fixed.

16 hours ago, Error.6071 said:

Have the expansions will try and test this tonight. I want to say though I remember something about Marauder when it came out that it would be considered core. That said note a line that a Wiki contributor (again thank you wiki peeps!)  noted in trivia:

* Attribute-selectable equipment was updated to include all stats available to your account based on the expansions you own in the May 28, 2019 game update. This was not updated with the release of End of Dragons, and the two new prefixes (Ritualist's and Dragon's) are not selectable for any non-legendary item that existed prior to the release of End of Dragons.

Source: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Attribute_combinations

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
double spacing bug

Legendary gear gives you all stats regardless of expansions. When EoD came out I had access to the Dragon and Ritualist stats and I don't own EoD.

However WvW gear ascended/exotic with selectable stats, didn't even have dragon and ritualist, not until a couple months ago. So yes expansion stats are usually locked to owning the specific expansion, I still don't see dragon or ritualist choices in the warlords armor for me. Seems pointless to lock the exotic boxes to expansion when you can just buy the stuff off the trading post anyways. 🤷‍♂️

21 hours ago, Error.6071 said:

Yeah checked you can get Trailblazer on the Warlord if you have the expansion for that stat set.

This is such a very strange way to coerce players into buying an expansion, at this point I suspect this is solely due to lack of expansion and any confirmation from Arena net would be nice. Although, if this is not an error/bug/glitch, I am certain I will not be buying any gems or expansions going forward which would encourage this type of restricting. 

I could go into further detail how this does not align with previous statements from Gw1-Gw2 teams, but it is too tiresome to discourse with the excess of goal post moving defenders that have no affiliation to Arena net but are willing to defend them to their last breath

6 hours ago, Error.6071 said:

This is such a very strange way to coerce players into buying an expansion, at this point I suspect this is solely due to lack of expansion and any confirmation from Arena net would be nice. Although, if this is not an error/bug/glitch, I am certain I will not be buying any gems or expansions going forward which would encourage this type of restricting. 

I could go into further detail how this does not align with previous statements from Gw1-Gw2 teams, but it is too tiresome to discourse with the excess of goal post moving defenders that have no affiliation to Arena net but are willing to defend them to their last breath

Not sure I would agree. There is already another expansion in the works and they have followed this trend with each expansion in GW2. Even in GW1 they worked like this. So to you what makes this different? If they changed that wouldn't anyone opting for free to play be granted full access which would mean that all those that paid for expansions were paying the way for FTP players? Not sure that makes sense either. Maybe I am missing your point. Haven't seen a game yet that grants a core game owner to also access features in an expansion. ANet is following that trend as I have seen. 

22 hours ago, DeceiverX.8361 said:

And as for being upset about that:  Yeah, join the club.  ANet lost a very significant number of paying customers/players because of this issue, myself included.  I was gifted PoF, and never bought EoD.

To be honest they haven't lost paying customers if they haven't paid for the expansion.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Cuks.8241 said:

To be honest they haven't lost paying customers if they haven't paid for the expansion.

Prior to HoT's broken promises and failures to do good by them, I was pretty regularly spending at least hundred or more a year in gems alone for server transfers, cosmetics, account upgrades/character slots/inventory bag slots, etc.

That's a significant better ROI than $60 for several thousands of man-hours developing an expansion's worth of content every few years.

A lot of people with similar habits also stopped playing.  So yes, they have absolutely lost paying customers who continue to play and take server resources meanwhile not buying *anything.*

1 minute ago, Gorani.7205 said:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Warlord's_Armor_Box

We are talking about theses, right? All of them can't be salvaged IIRC and that way they would at least be a source of Ecto-income for WvW players.

Let me see if I can find a toon with one, they can be turned into ectos as far as I know. Checking, back in a few.

5 minutes ago, Gorani.7205 said:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Warlord's_Armor_Box

We are talking about theses, right? All of them can't be salvaged IIRC and that way they would at least be a source of Ecto-income for WvW players.

Ok found one. Yes, selected the breastplate and salvaged for 3 ectos while watching. Normally break them down with other items in mass which is why I wanted to check. Had a friend a little way back was stacking them and asked why they didn't just breakdown since its a good source of resources.

Just now, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Ok found one. Yes, selected the breastplate and salvaged for 3 ectos while watching. Normally break them down with other items in mass which is why I wanted to check. Had a friend a little way back was stacking them and asked why they didn't just breakdown since its a good source of resources.

Hmmm.... OK, I stand corrected. I wonder why I thought they were un-salvagable? I was kind of sure those were behind the ones I recently had to "discard" when I got some legendary armour and threw out what the characters were wearing as exotics.