They nerfed Winds of Disenchantment (again)

Zekent.3652

I didn't understand the patch note about that honestly and I stated as such in the main thread. However, if it is meant to nerf Winds of Disenchantment which is now stationary again with a 1.5s channel and 90s cooldown and huge animation then it probably is not a good thing. If it gets repeatedly nerfed more people will just run Battle Standard.

Spellbreakers will still boonrip with Break Enchantments, Full Counter, and all AOE CC skills. There needs to be a tangible reason to run Winds over Battle Standard which is far more impactful when used properly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Infusion.7149 said:

I didn't understand the patch note about that honestly and I stated as such in the main thread. However, if it is meant to nerf Winds of Disenchantment which is now stationary again with a 1.5s channel and 90s cooldown and huge animation then it probably is not a good thing. If it gets repeatedly nerfed more people will just run Battle Standard.

Spellbreakers will still boonrip with Break Enchantments, Full Counter, and all AOE CC skills. There needs to be a tangible reason to run Winds over Battle Standard which is far more impactful when used properly.

Or at least reduce the CD significantly to compensate for castrating its effectiveness.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

🤢🤮

Seriously though they need to reevaluate this decision. There needs to be a valid counter to boons in WvW.

At this point i just want them to reevaluate everything, everywhere. The game is clearly out of control with how boons perform, and maybe they think that they need to balance it from a top-end perspective. I, personally, really dislike how buffs became prevalent in this game, and i would love if we could go back to windows of buffing, instead of these busted uptimes. It's absolutely plausible to make boons stronger while making them rarer, making non-damaging conditions more dangerous while also making them rarer, and creating a situation where boonless characters aren't just food, but actual decent threats.

Also, if they diminish the power differences between weapons ( really, i'm tired of only using Axes or Daggers ), that will help a LOT. I wanna use a Mace.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I saw the video... this nerf and that.. and no  one touches the Ranger, they buff it more haha  Unlimited buffs, a root you can't remove and more buffs, let's nerf a FB and War.... Give me a break.   Oh, I have been playing my Harbringer with a TON of buffs that is so crazy... not nerfing that one haha   Oh, let's nerf the mech again... they said they see more damage from this Mech.. NOT where I am playing and was this in WvW as well?  They didn't say... Bull 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Shadowpeixera.2918 said:

At this point i just want them to reevaluate everything, everywhere. The game is clearly out of control with how boons perform, and maybe they think that they need to balance it from a top-end perspective.

They obviously are, just not in the way you want them to :classic_laugh:

They seem to think that the boon vomit is the way the game should function. Deathball or get out.

I have to say, the whole "LF Quickness DPS" thing is quite a staple now in LFG. You will get your boon puzzle and you will like it.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, TugboatSteve.3607 said:

They obviously are, just not in the way you want them to :classic_laugh:

They seem to think that the boon vomit is the way the game should function. Deathball or get out.

I have to say, the whole "LF Quickness DPS" thing is quite a staple now in LFG. You will get your boon puzzle and you will like it.

I am a bit optimistic, they gave core some nice buffs ( if a bit boring ones ) this patch, and they seem to be doing their changes slowly, so i would argue they will do the same next major patch.

The problem i have with this is how careful they seem to be to "not hurt the balance of the game" like that ship hasn't sinked already. There is no balance to this game. They should just start doing major reworks without fear, and actually get a PTS to gather better feedback.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Seriously though they need to reevaluate this decision. There needs to be a valid counter to boons in WvW.

Well, they say for sigil of absorption: "We're still planning a larger pass on boon applications and boon removal in WvW for a future update"

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Their steps as of late has been to cull boon removal but not boon output so...

To be fair they did shave mantra of liberation while also more or less removing quickness from firebrand (-50%), scrapper (-100%), and herald (-100%).

With the firebrand changes supposedly coming on November 29, "spamming" boons won't really be a thing because there's no incentive to use all skills in a tome.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The whole boon ball style is disgusting to look at, and to play against but they have made it clear by this 2nd nerf that it is here to stay. Can't say I'm surprised considering the type of ''gamer'' they cater to in this mode and how the smaller scale roles remain seen as irrelevant.

Wasted elite spec.

Class identity is a problem in this game altogether lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There is a chance they're actually doing these wonky changes because they do have a more "sensical" ( not that i trust them to ) approach to boon-application, as mentioned previously with the Sigil of Absorption.

That being said, it's really weird that they change SpB into this weaker state when their changes are still not implemented. It's just asking for the boonballs to get stronger in the meantime and the frustration to rise. We're Warriors. We depend on CC to deal damage, and i don't think any Anet dev has ever tried to Earthshaker a zerg that craps out stability out of the wazoo.

This is honestly a issue with their balance philosophy in itself. Changing class performance for a "future update" without the update being implemented first is just really backwards design decision. Can they just get a kitten PTS already?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shadowpeixera.2918 said:

There is a chance they're actually doing these wonky changes because they do have a more "sensical" ( not that i trust them to ) approach to boon-application, as mentioned previously with the Sigil of Absorption.

They are proving constantly that "more, MORE, MORE!" is the only approach they have in regards to boons. They aren't even attempting to hide it anymore.

Even Warrior(!) got a consolation slice of it, when they took away the unique effects of our Banners.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

They are proving constantly that "more, MORE, MORE!" is the only approach they have in regards to boons. They aren't even attempting to hide it anymore.

Even Warrior(!) got a consolation slice of it, when they took away the unique effects of our Banners.

Again, i think this is more out of their philosophy with updates than anything. Anet tends to like to "put the good carpet" in preparation for their updates. If they have a boon update in the works, common sense dictates that Spellbreakers should be nerfed AFTER the update hits, not before.

Instead, they keep these absolutely wonky approaches that keep the game in a balance limbo until they feel comfortable with releasing their updates. And this is all aggravated by the fact we don't have a PTS. Any company worth two damns has a PTS to their MMOs.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Shadowpeixera.2918 said:

If they have a boon update in the works, common sense dictates that Spellbreakers should be nerfed AFTER the update hits, not before.

The issue here is that they just feel the need to make sure Warrior won't perform at (or close to) the same level as any of the other professions.

Whether they plan for something or not bears no relevance for this behaviour.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Fueki.4753 said:

The issue here is that they just feel the need to make sure Warrior won't perform at (or close to) the same level as any of the other professions.

Whether they plan for something or not bears no relevance for this behaviour.

I don't really buy this. I don't think they feel the need to keep Warrior down out of malice.

I rather just tie to incompetence and being trigger-shy with radical changes, which is more like Anet.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1