WvW the Cornerstone

Ya Ya Yeah.7381

Clearly it isn't. I thought this upcoming balance changes were supposed to be focused on the competitive modes based off what was written on the wiki page back in June, but sometime between then and now apparently, they changed it the description of that to not be focused on competitive modes. Even if I read it wrong, they still do not give them enough attention.

I just think it is time that the facts are faced. 

10 years and 1 new map vs pve lots of new maps through expansions and all the living worlds.

Balance issues, most of the player referred balance problems are not fixed or addressed even. They don't even say yes or no we do or don't agree.

Bugs within the specializations and core talents in competitive modes. Rarely fixed unless there is outrage. 

Exploits, cheats and hacks within the game modes themselves after years are still not addressed in WvW.

Matchup manipulations for years and nothing and they gave us more match up manipulations with the linking/transfer system.

5+ years of waiting for alliances, which is the only carrot on the stick the competitive modes have seen.

No rewards for winning the matchups making them pointless.

This entire expansion of specializations which is the only new content we get and most of them aren't even close to balanced for wvw.

In closing I finally understand that they were misleading us in thinking they care for the competitive modes " CONERSTONE" of the game. We should expect nothing else from them in the way of improving the game, what we have is all we get. I for one think that the competitive game mode has tons of potential but is being ignored and not even discussed as to WHY they don't give them more attention.  We all have theories and jokes about it but all kidding aside we are just plain dumb if we think the competitive modes will get better.  GL all and keep on keeping on, I'll keep an eye on the patch notes next year...lol. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

32 minutes ago, Crazy.6029 said:

I thought this upcoming balance changes were supposed to be focused on the competitive modes based

You're a month too late, the october patch was made to focus on the "competitive"(lol) side of the game, then they added the november patch to handle the pve side.

"Cornerstone" was really just an inside joke at Anet all along, they just needed something to hype wvw players for the expansion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You're mistaken. November 29 is the PVE balance patch. October 4 was the PVP/WVW patch since it removed 300s cooldowns. That patch also heavily nerfed heal scrapper in WVW while buffing stability on non-Firebrands , gave chrono distortion back, and also improved warrior DPS. That's not even including double dodge vindicator and the subsequent rebalancing.

November 29 patch also has the potential be highly impactful for WvW due to the firebrand nerf and a massive improvement to tempest aura heals.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Haha 1

On 11/12/2022 at 5:38 PM, Xenesis.6389 said:

You're a month too late, the october patch was made to focus on the "competitive"(lol) side of the game, then they added the november patch to handle the pve side.

"Cornerstone" was really just an inside joke at Anet all along, they just needed something to hype wvw players for the expansion.

It is more like a stone int he corner than a cornerstone 😄 that sometimes once in a while they have to move it with effort just slightly for a  pass.

Gw2 has 3 more years, nothing more, at this point it is  already outdated by some closed alphas mechanics, 2 of them that i can think off.

No matter what changes Anet will do wont pass over from very lame ideals and game design, shale mechanics that dev's call deep understandings tells me alot...

Edited by Aeolus.3615

WvW the Cornerstone™️

Sounds like a card game.

6 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

It is more like a stone int he corner than a cornerstone 😄

For sure the stone is more pebble than boulder.

6 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

deep understandings

🤣

Edited by Zepoolpe.9217