we need our damage back

eXruina.4956

6 hours ago, eXruina.4956 said:

for the love of all that is holy, give us our damage back already.

this gamestate is kitten and fluff.

its either we can't chase, we can't hit, when we do hit we hit for fluffs, or its all of the above.

Man ... You know it: most anyone marginally familiar with the in-game history of the class knows it; and I certainly know it: this isn't going to happen. Not in any impactful, lasting way. 

Yeah, I mean, I made another warrior. And some of those new changes are for the better. But all of it still leaves warrior way behind any other class/spec that can do the same job so much better. This isn't a "money-maker" class (as evidenced by how quickly BSW was gutted of its gimmicks); it's simply not going to get the aid & love you want, and which it deserves to get. 

Because Anet knows they can't outright delete the class, so they do just enough to appease the rabble, get the majority to quiet down, and get back to what matters. 

And what matters, apparently, are elvish ears and cat chairs. So in summation: oh yeah, you go, Warriors 😑

• Like 1

Is this pve or pvp related? 

Because pve wise, that bladesworn does hit hard. Even makes for a great quick dps.

Pvp, dunno, don't think it's the damage but rather lack of utility to the same extent top tier classes have, which holds warrior back.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Confused 2

Honestly damage levels pre 2020 patch could actually make a difference when it comes to world versus world for the warrior.  Instead of the declawed and matted flea ridden Kitten anet has made it become with the muck bandages it so graciously given in the false hopes of actually giving warrior a competitive chance among it's adversaries. Tiny things sure but let's be honest here anet took many short cuts when it comes to warrior as evidence with the blanket cc nerfs which alot of warrior builds needed the cc damage to make their builds actually function. If anet would take a hour of their day to play a warrior they could actually see that 🧐 but what do I know as a 10 year wvw vet?🤷‍♂️ Functionality and playability go hand in hand ,not foot in mouth. Otherwise give warrior more tools give it a 1200 teleport and watch it critically use back breaker which yes 15 damage can totally break a person's back when it's a literal sledge Hammer of sorts I guess🤔. Earthshaker got some love for its damage but honestly  backbreaker should be renamed to sit-down or something because the only back being broken by it is a self injury to the warrior for the effort it takes to land it with no rewarding game play for it's use because all it takes is one second to drool a stack of stability and boom 15 damage  OMG I HAS THE POWER!!!!! ME WARRIOR I BREAKY ALL kitten BONES!!!! it's kinda like when the warrior swings the hammer it somehow wiffs and smacks itself silly. Anet views us as the clown🤡 class which shows how much they care about it take at look at the first " Banner Rework" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 if you want a laugh look no further then warriors update history. Once mighty in battle, now lucky to get any kind of leftovers and anemic. like a even more scarier gollum from Lord of the rings squeaking for more Precious Damage. Yet kitten devs not be our friends. (Gollum voice insertion back and forth with smeagol) We has no friends besides ourselves as warriors.  " But the devs are our friends!!!" You don't have any friends,Evil devs stole our precious from us and took it to the mountain they did. All we want is our precious then we shall be the devs friend yes yes!!!! Before they goes to the mountain we take them to the spider we shall yes!!! Devs go up the mountain but they noes come back down !!!! The Precious Then Shall be ours!!!!! 😂😂😂😂😂👌

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

13 hours ago, eXruina.4956 said:

for the love of all that is holy, give us our damage back already.

this gamestate is kitten and fluff.

its either we can't chase, we can't hit, when we do hit we hit for fluffs, or its all of the above.

They buffed our dmg already, (most of) our dmg is fine, making things easier to land that dmg is what we need now, like they did with Bloody Roar and Resilient Roll, resistance generation which is GREAT.

They need to update the animation of GS2, Axe F1 and its T1 wet noodle damage, GS5 and its really buggy rush, even CMC memes this lmao

https://clips.twitch.tv/BenevolentFancyNarwhalAsianGlow-YASBOJZ7A8xpbVLz

Edited by Zizekent.2398
  • Confused 3

8 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Is this pve or pvp related? 

Because pve wise, that bladesworn does hit hard. Even makes for a great quick dps.

Pvp, dunno, don't think it's the damage but rather lack of utility to the same extent top tier classes have, which holds warrior back.

6 figure bandaid to cover up bad mechanics and design is still a bandaid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

They buffed our dmg already, (most of) our dmg is fine

where? its nowhere near fine. in wvw particularly its horrendous. in pvp slightly more manageable since most everyone there is squish. they should really unsplit pvp and wvw damage. in pve nobody cares as long as its strong enough to clear content.

3 hours ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

making things easier to land that dmg is what we need now, like they did with Bloody Roar and Resilient Roll, resistance generation which is GREAT.

i agree this was actually a big deal, i got great mileage from them adding those tools into our kit, yet game state remains mostly unchanged from a combat perspective.

over abundance of defensive mechanics and mobility in today's game pretty much renders warrior's melee only, power only and outdated and lacking design uncompetitive.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Duglaive.5236 said:

And what matters, apparently, are elvish ears and cat chairs. So in summation: oh yeah, you go, Warriors 

i bought this said cat chair. 🤣 it goes well with my gravity defying cuddly cat. 😎💪

@Lan Deathrider.5910i haven't gotten around to buy the savage scale stuff yet, i just can't make it work *in my head, my fashion wars skills need honing.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

The only true warrior is Lord Faren! He is the one that warrior need to look up to. His verdant brink's fashion is simply perfect.

Isn’t there no Warrior in the main story anymore? Between Destiny’s Edge and the new folk, I’m pretty sure there’s no Warrior.

If this is the case, and we killed off the only important in-story Warrior (Balthazar), then there’s one thing left to do;

Exalt Lord Faren as the new Balthazar!

Edited by oscuro.9720
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Isn’t there no Warrior in the main story anymore? Between Destiny’s Edge and the new folk, I’m pretty sure there’s no Warrior.

If this is the case, and we killed off the only important in-story Warrior (Balthazar), then there’s one thing left to do;

Exalt Lord Faren as the new Balthazar!

I hereby formally petition for Lord Faren to become the new God of War.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I may get flamed for this, but I wholeheartedly disagree. Warrior does not need its damage back.

On the contrary, I think the overall damage needs to be brought down on all classes. Powercreep has taken over and should be brought down. This applies to not just raw damage numbers, but the over-the-top utilities as well that outshine some utterly useless skills (See: "Fear Me!")

All in all, without really delving into it on a skill-by-skill or class-by-class basis and making this post the length of a light novel, many skills need to be brought down in damage and function while very few need to be brought up. Just adding higher damage numbers isn't the fix we should be chasing.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, spartan.9421 said:

I may get flamed for this, but I wholeheartedly disagree. Warrior does not need its damage back.

On the contrary, I think the overall damage needs to be brought down on all classes. Powercreep has taken over and should be brought down. This applies to not just raw damage numbers, but the over-the-top utilities as well that outshine some utterly useless skills (See: "Fear Me!")

All in all, without really delving into it on a skill-by-skill or class-by-class basis and making this post the length of a light novel, many skills need to be brought down in damage and function while very few need to be brought up. Just adding higher damage numbers isn't the fix we should be chasing.

i don't disagree, like you said other classes need their bloated damage and mechanics toned down, either that OR they should power creep and bloat warrior to level the playing field.

they can go about it either way, i don't really care how they go about it.

dun be shy, carry that savage scale like you own it. 💪

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, spartan.9421 said:

The Imain issue is the power disparity between warrior and other classes. Part of that is the lack of decent ranged weapons on warrior atm.

So, as @eXruina.4956 said, bring down the power levels of other professions, bring up warrior's power level, or a combination of both.

• Like 2

I would prefer that they reduce all the damage and healing again, anet they got completely out of hand the damage and even more so in pve, instead of adjusting the health of the mobs, it would also lower the effectiveness of some damage reductions such as protection from 33% to 25%, since in numbers, a damage reduction of 33% is equivalent to 50% more health and healing, and other sources such as consumables from 10% to 5%, by the warrior the damage it is technically "fine", but it is quite overshadowed when something at a distance and with areas ends up doing more damage and with less sacrifices to reach the same or more damage and due to the general balance of the game the attributes were also somewhat unadjusted and more with a change something weird that anet did by increasing the effectiveness of fury, if they wanted to adjust the crit damage in the game after the change to banners and unique buffs they would have just changed the crit chance to base 10% with a base damage modifier of 133.33% or change or the accuracy to crit chance scale from 21 to 18, there are quite a few bugs in game balance and anet so far hasn't fixed any and created new ones...
I don't know if it translated well, maybe anet uses the google translator for the balance XD

• Haha 1

On 11/24/2022 at 10:25 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Part of that is the lack of decent ranged weapons on warrior atm.

I mean, if they wanted Warrior to remain mainly a melee powerhouse, but buff it so that it can stand toe-to-toe with all the other, now predominantly ranged professions, they could do worse than give us a lot of easily accessible missile reflects. Shield should have a reflect, sword should, Whirling Axe should, Staggering Blow should, etcetera, etcetera.

Because at the moment, GW2 is a ranged combat game, and as rightly pointed out, Warrior's ranged options are pretty bad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

I mean, if they wanted Warrior to remain mainly a melee powerhouse, but buff it so that it can stand toe-to-toe with all the other, now predominantly ranged professions, they could do worse than give us a lot of easily accessible missile reflects. Shield should have a reflect, sword should, Whirling Axe should, Staggering Blow should, etcetera, etcetera.

Because at the moment, GW2 is a ranged combat game, and as rightly pointed out, Warrior's ranged options are pretty bad.

thats the thing, warrior damage was balanced better in the past, warrior, without instant teleports, and predominantly melee having to jump through more hoops, and more struggles is rewarded by higher damage output.

higher damage was literally warrior's class identity, one of its unique features that made it stand out over other classes. you got rewarded for going through the melee struggle.

over the course of the years they f*d that up, they f*d the features that made warrior unique, and warrior ultimately lacking in mechanics other classes had got f*d, and received little to nothing.

• Confused 1

Play defense spellbreaker. Its very forgiving and you can make a fair amount of mistakes without losing the fight. If you're good at warrior you have the choice of defense spellbreaker or condition berserker. If you're really good at warrior you have those two and core as strong options. If you're bad at warrior. I'd recommend swapping to ranger. Its like warrior but the ai helps you win fights.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1