How does a blob capture smc in less than a minute?

Nokturnal Lunacy.3186

45 minutes ago, Nokturnal Lunacy.3186 said:

SMC lord righteous indignation ended at approx. 10:38. IOJ capped at 10:39. Hmmmmmmm..............................................................

I generally avoid EBG like the plague so I could be wrong here, but when SMC flips I thought it doesn't apply the marked to enemy players inside the way keeps do, correct? So if no one bothered to sweep and a mesmer/thief was still inside inner, they could very easily portal in more players, including more mesmers to portal in a larger group and flip SMC again within a minute.

And considering how lazy the general WvW population is nowadays about doing the menial tasks like sweeping/repairing/scouting, it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Ronin.4501 said:

I generally avoid EBG like the plague so I could be wrong here, but when SMC flips I thought it doesn't apply the marked to enemy players inside the way keeps do, correct? So if no one bothered to sweep and a mesmer/thief was still inside inner, they could very easily portal in more players, including more mesmers to portal in a larger group and flip SMC again within a minute.

And considering how lazy the general WvW population is nowadays about doing the menial tasks like sweeping/repairing/scouting, it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

It doesn't apply mark.

Also if the rams on inner are still up you can get gates down before RI wears off, RI is only for the lord not everything else, 5 mins is more than enough time to get back in.

Also alacrity and quickness.

Also Indo boon blob.

Also boon blobs running over everything like it's nothing, as usual, gg.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Nokturnal Lunacy.3186 said:

SMC lord righteous indignation ended at approx. 10:38. IOJ capped at 10:39. Hmmmmmmm..............................................................

That's the new Meta from Anet!  I watched their videos, lets all join a giant blob!  They designed it this way!  Have fun! hahahah

2 hours ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

all these people trying to justify something that is impossible, 
next time take a video.

Sorry but that just speaks of your inexperience if you've never seen the enemy or your own team take down the lord quickly after RI. Break his bar with cc or ram, alacrity/quickness, run high dps specs not all cele/minstrels, no defending zerg to scale him up more.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Sorry but that just speaks of your inexperience if you've never seen the enemy or your own team take down the lord quickly after RI. Break his bar with cc or ram, alacrity/quickness, run high dps specs not all cele/minstrels, no defending zerg to scale him up more.

I was wondering if I was just being naive or was missing something because I didn't see anything wrong with a cap going that fast. This comment nailed it though from what I've seen. While I don't go to EBG very often, I have been on the borderland maps with groups who have waited out the RI on camps, towers, and keeps. The supervisor or lord usually melts pretty quickly in such situations. Why wouldn't a comped group who knew what they were doing be able to cap the SMC lord that fast?

Edited by Chichimec.9364
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

I was wondering if I was just being naive or was missing something because I didn't see anything off about a cap going that fast. This comment nailed it though from what I've seen. While I don't go to EBG very often, I have been on the borderland maps with groups who have waited out the RI on camps, towers, and keeps. The supervisor or lord usually melts pretty quickly in such situations. Why wouldn't a comped group who knew what they were doing be able to cap SMC that fast?

SMC lord is like the biggest damage sponge in wvw, so people must think it always takes like 3-5mins to kill him. But the scaling makes a big difference, quickness also makes a huge difference, every time I pop quickness on my chrono on the group I can see how much faster the % drops on lords, even without a broken bar, so imagine if a coordinated group does it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fairly easily, after a cap SM stays contested for a couple of mins so it's the perfect time to get through the walls/gates as teams will often cap it and head straight out onto another objective. Break that CC-bar and you'll be surprised just how quickly the lord drops, most unorganised groups seem to drop their big damage skills though before the break bar is depleted.

within a blob ive(blob) taken smc t3 from outer to kill the lord in less than 3 minutes, soemthing arorund 2 minuts and half.

Arround 40 seconds to breach outter which i belive can be made faster since we were not using all avaliable gimmicks avaliable in game to get carried with structure damage, i belive i can be taken down arround 20ish seconds or so.

Another 30 seconds to inner gate, can be taken faster i believe.

And about another 30-40 seconds or slightly more to melt lord, the defiant bar was insta vanishing due the amount of players workign on it.

When enemy blob responded cap ring was already in its final cap %

This is all that takes to blob a t3 struture.

5 hours ago, Xoranium.6481 said:

I've dropped sm lord with 8 people in about 45 seconds, lowest scaling he drops fast

Depends build and how fast u can remove the defiant, fastest lord kill  in smc  was arround 10ish seconds  with 15-20 players.

With a massive zerg comited to lord never saw it last more than 50-60 seconds was always between 30-40ish seconds.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Yea, but I imagine most people don't fight keep/SMC lords outside of blob fights most of the time. It's also unintutive that allies scale a lord up

A mid-sized group can definitely be better, since it won't scale that much and there's usually a lot of deadweight in bigger squads.

When we were linked with Dragonbrand, for example,  we pretty much had to tell them to get out of the lord's room because they were scaling it up too much. Although some of their organized  guilds are extremely good at dpssing undefended lords. (And SBI is also famous for having pugs running zdps builds. Or zhp really)

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

18 minutes ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

This is all that takes to blob a t3 struture.

If the op is talking about RI wanst a t3 structure, and blobs always use the max siege posible to ninja ppt. At s smc u can use 5 catas ish+ 5-6 inner rams at the same time, and thats if they forgot the golems in another place

On 11/28/2022 at 12:51 PM, Xenesis.6389 said:

I will admit I can never take down the lord even with a squad in 0.01 second. I will also admit I cannot capture the ring after the Keep's Lord is down within 0.01 second. The thread started said the time frame of capturing SMC happens within 0.01 second. Yet everyone argues that this can happens and make it like it is normal. I just don't think that is possible. unless the players capturing is OP as hell or hacking.

doing both in 0.01 second. just think about it. RI off @ 10.38, SMC flipped @ 10.39 that's a total of 0.01 second.  I just don't think that is possible. Hence why I said take a video. 

Edited by SweetPotato.7456
  • Confused 4

Just now, SweetPotato.7456 said:

I will admit I can never take down the lord even with a squad in 0.01 second. I will also admit I cannot capture the ring aftre the Keep's Lord is down within 0.01 second. The thread started said the time frame of capturing SMC happens within 0.01 second. Yet everyone argues that this can happens and make it like it is normal. I just don't think that is possible. unless the players capturing is OP as hell or hacking.

Timestamp in the game go by clock settings, so Hour:Minute TZ, There's No Seconds Counter.

🤷‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Timestamp in the game go by clock settings, so Hour:Minute TZ, There's No Seconds Counter.

🤷‍♂️

The guy must have been looking at his own clock. Its literally impossible to do all that in 0.01 second.

incase you missed it

On 11/27/2022 at 12:44 PM, Nokturnal Lunacy.3186 said:

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

The guy must have been looking at his own clock. Its literally impossible to do all that in 0.01 second.

incase you missed it

jfc

If the 38 and 39 are seconds then what's the 10? mins? where's the hour?

Just stop ok.

Even the title says in less than a minute, not second.

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

That shows hour minute pm/am

You're going on ignore.

Says the person who doesn't know how to read a digital clock.

10:38 << 38 minutes passed 10 oclock.  It only shows pm/am if you set your clock 24 hours, therfore you really cannot tell if thats am or pm if you don't know what the player set their clock to.

• Confused 4