Deadeye Rework Feedback - From a PvP perspective

Bazsi.2734

I like to delude myself into thinking that I'm pretty good on DE, given that I can be top 100 on EU with it whenever I want to(even though that means less and less each season). Anyway, point is I'm not a newbie to playing this thing.

So the patch just hit. I gave it one match... and it's exactly as I expected. You guys removed kneeling as a mechanic from the game. Which dumbs down gameplay quite a lot. And on top of that DJ pierces now. What happened to snipers needing a clear shot at their target? All I did the entire match (which we've won 500-180 in 9 minutes) spamming the two attacks which pierce: Spotter's Shot until M7 procs, then DJ into the teamfight. This playstyle is just... absolute brainrot.
By the way, deadeye is not weak. It's just overly simplicistic, a 2 button e-spec. Sure there are lots of options for buttons to press, but the most optimal thing is to spam just one of them. In every situation. Learning to play it effectively is learning to not use all your other options. Dear devs, is this really what you want your game to be?

0/10 rework. Nothing about it makes sense. Please revert or come up with something that actually works.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 11

9 minutes ago, LyraOrpheo.8450 said:

"muh RP" should never trump gameplay, of all the things wrong with Deadeye, this isn't one of them.

They dumbed down gameplay by making sure multiple skills land on rifle unless you fire them into reflects. Bodyblocking them is no longer an option. Why are you talking about roleplay? This is a thread about gameplay, take your hobby to the appropriate section of the forum please.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8

18 minutes ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

They dumbed down gameplay by making sure multiple skills land on rifle unless you fire them into reflects. Bodyblocking them is no longer an option. Why are you talking about roleplay? This is a thread about gameplay, take your hobby to the appropriate section of the forum please.

That's a sorry kitten bullet for your big shot if it can't punch through one or two people.

It's one of two DE skills that Pierce.

People can still break line of site, and they can take advantage of finicky Bullet trajectory and velocity and use terrain or topography against you with ease unless it's flat open ground. 

They were talking about RP because it seemed appropriate, given that your only argument is some weird flex about how DE too easy for you, so everyone needs to suffer poor gameplay to keep things realistic....even though a high-powered sniper shot is going to pierce some stuff. 

Edited by kash.9213
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, kash.9213 said:

That's a sorry kitten bullet for your big shot if it can't punch through one or two people.

It's one of two DE skills that Pierce.

People can still break line of site, and they can take advantage of finicky Bullet trajectory and velocity and use terrain or topography against you with ease unless it's flat open ground. 

They were talking about RP because it seemed appropriate, given that your only argument is some weird flex about how DE too easy for you, so everyone needs to suffer poor gameplay to keep things realistic....even though a high-powered sniper shot is going to pierce some stuff. 

Previously I was able to jump in front of my teammate to "take the bullet" for them. Or playing as a DE, shadowstep offensively behind the enemy to make sure DJ lands etc... fights had more depth to them(especially with kneeling still as a semi-valid option).

Back in the day spamming someone to death with 1 button was just memeing. Now it's all that this dumb e-spec can do. Thank you for coming to my TED talk, I'll be trashing the firebrand rework next.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

27 minutes ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

Previously I was able to jump in front of my teammate to "take the bullet" for them. Or playing as a DE, shadowstep offensively behind the enemy to make sure DJ lands etc... fights had more depth to them(especially with kneeling still as a semi-valid option).

Back in the day spamming someone to death with 1 button was just memeing. Now it's all that this dumb e-spec can do. Thank you for coming to my TED talk, I'll be trashing the firebrand rework next.

It sounds like your gripe is mostly from the perspective of someone opposite the DE and doesn't take into account a fight with more than a few people.

If we had a legit open world pvp mode or system I'd also want collision detection, but probably way more of it than the one skill you're trying to protect your team from. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

Okay, but if you body-block Rapid Fire directly at someone else you just die, so this seems like a reasonable alternative.

Good, now rangers and mechanists will stop getting carried by their pets and LoS’ing behind them. I don’t play DE as much, I kind of wish this piercing was also a QoL change for twilight combo on Specter, but maybe in the future who knows. 

(This comment had WvW in mind, not PvP. More specifically Roaming/Duels)

Edited by AikijinX.6258
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

The real question for OP would be

How come your target stay afk after getting hit a skill with 3/4 second window 3 times yet still manage to eat the whole DJ stack after that.

Any tips to look for more braindead opponent like this? because 90% of them would either just go 7365463 miles away from you instantly or go ultra-defense stance once they got marked buff on their head.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:

Your target must be lacking a heart beat if thry can't figure out how to avoid a DJ without a body block, especially given it has a huge tell, a warning sound, a laser beam, and no tracking.

The piercing DJ is one of the best changes I’ve seems thus far. It’s really good too, because in WvW those pesky veteran guards LOVE to get in the way and body block as well as Rangers and Mechanists LoS’ing around their pet to get a little dmg mitigation. I welcome the piercing on DJ. DE would immediately be best in slot if they added it to double tap, or triple tap, let alone AA.

• Like 4

Wdym "removed kneel" and "dumbed down gameplay"? You never kneeled in the first place. Its garbage. Spamming skirmishers shot into DJ was always how you played DE optimally. Boring by itself, but there is enough around positioning and optimal usage of utility skills that its reasonably fun.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 11/30/2022 at 1:18 PM, Barzah.8019 said:

The real question for OP would be

How come your target stay afk after getting hit a skill with 3/4 second window 3 times yet still manage to eat the whole DJ stack after that.

Irrelevant though. These people not only exist but come to the forums asking for nerfs after eating the entire skill arrangement despite having multiple opportunities to not do so. Often, they also get what they want. 

On 11/30/2022 at 1:48 PM, Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:

Your target must be lacking a heart beat if thry can't figure out how to avoid a DJ without a body block, especially given it has a huge tell, a warning sound, a laser beam, and no tracking.

DJ used to pierce before, and it was removed because targets of this caliber were plentiful.

41 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Irrelevant though. These people not only exist but come to the forums asking for nerfs after eating the entire skill arrangement despite having multiple opportunities to not do so. Often, they also get what they want. 

DJ used to pierce before, and it was removed because targets of this caliber were plentiful.

It used to be Unblockable. But they removed that. Unfortunately.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2022 at 1:18 PM, Bazsi.2734 said:

I like to delude myself into thinking that I'm pretty good on DE, given that I can be top 100 on EU with it whenever I want to(even though that means less and less each season). Anyway, point is I'm not a newbie to playing this thing.

So the patch just hit. I gave it one match... and it's exactly as I expected. You guys removed kneeling as a mechanic from the game. Which dumbs down gameplay quite a lot. And on top of that DJ pierces now. What happened to snipers needing a clear shot at their target? All I did the entire match (which we've won 500-180 in 9 minutes) spamming the two attacks which pierce: Spotter's Shot until M7 procs, then DJ into the teamfight. This playstyle is just... absolute brainrot.
By the way, deadeye is not weak. It's just overly simplicistic, a 2 button e-spec. Sure there are lots of options for buttons to press, but the most optimal thing is to spam just one of them. In every situation. Learning to play it effectively is learning to not use all your other options. Dear devs, is this really what you want your game to be?

0/10 rework. Nothing about it makes sense. Please revert or come up with something that actually works.

Bro have you watched the movie "Wanted?" If not then go do it right meow.

On 11/29/2022 at 1:42 PM, Bazsi.2734 said:

Why are you talking about roleplay? This is a thread about gameplay, take your hobby to the appropriate section of the forum please.

Because you were. You literally were.

"What happened to snipers needing a clear shot at their target?"

They didn't "dumb it down", they just made it less of a chore to play. Difficulty by inconvenience has nothing to do with skill.

• Like 2