Every patch Makes The Servers SO Awful for a few days

Obligatory For the people who Victim Blame : 

- I have Reset my Router 

- I have Cleared my cache. 

- My internet, and Gw2 connection , are Highly stable Any other time. 

However, Whenever there's a big Patch, the servers are Infuriatingly Sluggish For the next few days. 

Stutters, Rubber banding, Input delay Spikes, DC's , It has everything But stability.

• Like 2
  • Confused 10

Have you ever considered the game almost never had a server maintainance in the past 10ish years ? We were able to play non-stop with no down time at all, lag is unavoidable in some cases and that is coming from a Buy to Play game not even a monthly sub that eat up the coins in your wallet real-time even when servers are down.

And to your issue, i don't feel any lag or anything.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Things like input delays will occur at all times regardless of patch release as long as you have enough people gathered in one spot. Anyone who does LLA at reset can testify to this. If there is any content that has blobs of people showing up after every patch then there will be a greater occurrence after every patch but that would be a side effect rather than direct cause.

8 hours ago, Eros.6801 said:

Have you ever considered the game almost never had a server maintainance in the past 10ish years ? We were able to play non-stop with no down time at all, lag is unavoidable in some cases and that is coming from a Buy to Play game not even a monthly sub that eat up the coins in your wallet real-time even when servers are down.

And to your issue, i don't feel any lag or anything.

No but I have considered never encountering this issue in the past 10 years(except for that one time where there was a bug that made literally everyone crash every 5 minutes) but I don't play all content in the game so maybe it only happens in the things I don't play. I mostly do open world, story, bit of dungeon/fractal/strikes. Rubberbanding is especially dubious considering the game handles movement client side ...

Edited by Khisanth.2948
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

For a moment I thought I was on the SWTOR forums, but then you didn't say hot-fix fix patches. So then I knew it wasn't SWTOR.

My first thought was that ESO contrast nicely with that statement, because for last couple patches they seem to introduce issues they then usually fix at "next incremental patch" which is like after 2 weeks, and sometimes not even that. and that one time they had issue that basolutely required hotfixing they have to pull the game offline for couple hours of "emergency maintenance" to apply the "hot fix".

Seeing how other MMOs handles things I feel kinda spoiled by GW2 and it's leveraging of modern networking design practices to ensure the "four nines" service availability....

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Custodio.6134 said:

no, i´d prefer actually patches that work as intended, so we don´t even need stuff to be hotfixed in the first place 🤣

Sure, you can wish for that. But seems rather unrealistic with such a big game. Can never fully anticipate which things may not work as expected or where bugs may appear until the patch is actually live. That they get fixed this quickly should be appreciated rather than having the unrealistic expectations of 'perfect' patches.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1