Stop, he's already dead.

SolarDragon.7063

3 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Wheesh! That's some heavy caveating! The pruning, sheesh! 

Did you know that the Trabant is the fastest car in the world*?

* - if you take into account other plastic cars, all the not busted top tier racecars.

Hmmm good point. I'll bow out here, hardly anything I can provide to illuminate this more.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Oh, wait! 
Wait!
Do ALL mech attacks do max damage at 1200?!

Not only that. Mech also loses crit when more than 450 from the target. While there are only 2 skills that lose damage at range, it is compounded with the crit loss, resulting in about the same DPS at 900 range as Soulbeast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Kuma.1503 said:

I'm aware of the overclock signet bug, but not the shift signet bug. 

You talking about the general teleport bug where you teleport in place?

Actually all signets are bugged in some way. Recalling the mech then casting barrier signet results in barrier appearing around the mech that is launching into space instead of around me like it's supposed to. That caused me some deaths in fractals too when I wanted a shield that follows me, because barrier signet around the mech doesn't, just like the stat buff doesn't.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Last few weeks, pMechs have been getting replaced by pVirts steadily in PUGs and loosely organized groups. This week, RTI said "power mech is no longer listed on snowcrows, so it won't be accepted on runs no more". The weekly strike clear had six pVirts.

Am I allowed to say I called it yet?

9 minutes ago, Sindust.7059 said:

Actually all signets are bugged in some way. Recalling the mech then casting barrier signet results in barrier appearing around the mech that is launching into space instead of around me like it's supposed to. That caused me some deaths in fractals too when I wanted a shield that follows me, because barrier signet around the mech doesn't, just like the stat buff doesn't.

He needs that shield to protect him from space debris. Please understand. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

On 1/5/2023 at 2:13 PM, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

You must be playing a different game because I still see power mechs all the time.

Yup, I don't know where he got his "people don't play power mech anymore" claim, but it's just false.

On 1/5/2023 at 2:23 PM, Kodama.6453 said:

I do, too. Unfortunately.

I recently did some EoD strikes with pugs and we had a "power dps mechanist". They did 5k on Ankka.

Ok, how? Because clearly not by actually playing actual power dps mechanist.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 6

On 1/5/2023 at 9:47 PM, Sindust.7059 said:

That sounds like unpredicted interaction that sorta work as intended but still unpredicted by og designers. Untill the animation of launching into the orbit ends, the Mech is present as an entity. And signet states that if mech is present it will center the effect on it. The fact that it is useless to be doing when mech is being recalled is an oversight.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

That sounds like unpredicted interaction that sorta work as intended but still unpredicted by og designers. Untill the animation of launching into the orbit ends, the Mech is present as an entity. And signet states that if mech is present it will center the effect on it. The fact that it is useless to be doing when mech is being recalled is an oversight.

Yup, the mech recall isn't instant, he's basically complaining about not being able to wait for the end of the skill (recall) animation and then calls it a bug. I'm not convinced it's a bug, if anything it miiiight be a candidate for QoL change, but that's about it.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

6 hours ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

That's just nitpicking. The reason why overclock signet goes on cooldown with no effect is the same reason why what I described happens to barrier signet. Oversight is the cause, but the effect is the bug that causes all signets to not work as intended.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, Sindust.7059 said:

That's just nitpicking. The reason why overclock signet goes on cooldown with no effect is the same reason why what I described happens to barrier signet. Oversight is the cause, but the effect is the bug that causes all signets to not work as intended.

Do you understand what casting time or skill animations are? You wouldn't say that it's a bug because you didn't deal damage before the skill finished casting and in the exact same way it's not really a bug when you cast barrier before the mech finishes recalling.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

55 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Do you understand what casting time or skill animations are? You wouldn't say that it's a bug because you didn't deal damage before the skill finished casting and in the exact same way it's not really a bug when you cast barrier before the mech finishes recalling.

It's a bug if during your skill animation you can use other skills that go on cool down with no effect. For it to not be a bug the game would have to block me from using signets until the animation is done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

Bugs are straight out errors in software logic that makes things work not as intended.

My point was that this is example of software logic behaving exactly as advertised (therefore by implication as intended), but interacting with other logi in a way that was not taken into consideration in design phase making it an oversight.

Could it be fixed? most likely so. Should it be fixed? in due time when weighted severity against time needed to actually fix.

Is it big issue? considering how most of mechanist players I see seems unaware they can click "class ability 5" button to recall the mech (or otherwise do not care about exercising that ability) I am unsure how severe issue can be.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Sindust.7059 said:

It's a bug if during your skill animation you can use other skills that go on cool down with no effect. For it to not be a bug the game would have to block me from using signets until the animation is done.

The skill is being casted with the golem still being in the field, since it's still on the field, casting it's recall animation. I don't see how this is a bug. Once again, at best it might be a candidate for a QoL change so you don't have to wait for animation to finish. It's not a bug just because it doesn't work like you want it to work.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

The skill is being casted with the golem still being in the field, since it's still on the field, casting it's recall animation. I don't see how this is a bug. Once again, at best it might be a candidate for a QoL change so you don't have to wait for animation to finish. It's not a bug just because it doesn't work like you want it to work.

I'd say it's a bug (we really are nitpicking the definition) since the skill is allowed to be used when it can't actually function. The skill goes on cooldown with no effect. If you use overclock signet with the mech on the field, but leaving, it doesn't fire and goes on cooldown having done nothing.
Now I agree it's an oversight. Personally I don't see the point of splitting hairs on calling it an oversight or a bug. Either way, it obviously doesn't do what it's supposed to.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

I'd say it's a bug (we really are nitpicking the definition) since the skill is allowed to be used when it can't actually function. The skill goes on cooldown with no effect. If you use overclock signet with the mech on the field, but leaving, it doesn't fire and goes on cooldown having done nothing.
Now I agree it's an oversight. Personally I don't see the point of splitting hairs on calling it an oversight or a bug. Either way, it obviously doesn't do what it's supposed to.

It can function, when you recall the mech and use barrier, the barrier spawns on the mech and disappears when the mech despawns -as in finishes it's despawn animation and is actually recalled instead of being in the process of recalling. Basically "it's on you" because you can't be bothered for the end of animation of the action you've just ordered the game to do and as such you get partial time of the barrier instead of a full time barrier.

The overclock might be the case of putting it in a skill queue, but then how is it any better if all it does is negate your own recall? The solution here might as well be simply learning about the mech recall not being instant (which should be obvious after the first try, perhaps after the first recall+signet use) and timing the use of the skills better.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

5 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

It can function, when you recall the mech and use barrier, the barrier spawns on the mech and disappears when the mech despawns -as in finishes it's despawn animation and is actually recalled instead of being in the process of recalling. Basically "it's on you" because you can't be bothered for the end of animation of the action you've just ordered the game to do and as such you get partial time of the barrier instead of a full time barrier.

I was chiming in about Overclock signet in particular. I wouldn't mind if it fired while leaving if it got clicked early. But it literally does nothing and goes on cooldown. That seems to not be working as intended.
I haven't played around with Barrier signet so don't have much to say on that issue.
"It's on you" can apply to most things. But the game shouldn't be set up to allow an ability to do nothing. That's on them (imo).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

I was chiming in about Overclock signet in particular. I wouldn't mind if it fired while leaving if it got clicked early. But it literally does nothing and goes on cooldown. That seems to not be working as intended.
I haven't played around with Barrier signet so don't have much to say on that issue.
"It's on you" can apply to most things. But the game shouldn't be set up to allow an ability to do nothing. That's on them (imo).

Yeah, added something about overclock while you were responding. I'm not limiting it to overclock because the posts I was responding to were not limited to overclock. Your subjective "it doesn't seem to be intended" seems mostly baseless to me considering skills in gw2 interact in multiple ways with each other, but if you think it's a bug, make a thread in bug report subforum?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

7 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Yeah, added something about overclock while you were responding.

Fair. Most of the time I've run into Overclock and the mech leaving has been in WvW. There have been a few times the mech is seemingly alive (though low) when I click it and nothing happens and I find out a moment later the mech was despawning. 

Personally I think Overclock should do one of 3 things in that situation. It should override the despawning and have the mech come back instantly (at my side) or have it fire off its laser as it's leaving or the signet should not be allowed to be used during that time. Currently, the ability is wasted and goes on cooldown with zero effect. that seems like a bug or oversight, or whatever you want to call it.

7 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Your subjective "it doesn't seem to be intended" seems mostly baseless to me considering skills in gw2 interact in multiple ways with each other, but if you think it's a bug, make a thread in bug report subforum?

Imo: I don't think it's a bug per se. I do think it's a mistake.

Edited by idpersona.3810
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, idpersona.3810 said:

Fair. Most of the time I've run into Overclock and the mech leaving has been in WvW. There have been a few times the mech is seemingly alive (though low) when I click it and nothing happens and I find out a moment later the mech was despawning. 

In this case I know exactly what you're talking about and that is something I'd consider a bug, as it shows a false information to the player ("mech still alive" while the mech isn't alive). It seems a dying mech still shows some hp, at least sometimes and I agree that is an issue to be fixed.

1 minute ago, idpersona.3810 said:

Personally I think Overclock should do one of 3 things in that situation. It should override the despawning and have the mech come back instantly (at my side) or have it fire off its laser as it's leaving or the signet should not be allowed to be used during that time. Currently, the ability is wasted and goes on cooldown with zero effect. that seems like a bug or oversight, or whatever you want to call it.

Ok, it's true that in this case overclock cd is just thrown away for free, if only due to the ui showing false information to the player, so it could use one of these solutions. The mech showing hp in ui despite dying and being in the process of despawning should be fixed either way.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2