Can't progress in story due to lack of players

gem.9038

I'm stuck at the Tower of Nightmares because every time I go in there is a max of 2 other people. I've been trying to complete this story step for a while now but simply can't. Every time I check LFG there are no squads or parties for anything except SW once in a while. How the heck am I supposed to do this Anet?!

• Like 2

If you don't want to wait until the end of the festival, I think you can handle toxic seeds to the NPC in the first room of the instance, in order to skip the events, then exit the instance and talk again to the Charr in Kessex, to go to the next story instance.

Edited by Urud.4925

9 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

, I’m struggling with various things too. Like needing the strike for the turtle (which is annoying in itself, but is what it is) and no one doing it

there's literally groups for that the entire day, every day

They're usually called KO for Kaineng Overlook

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Yeah, I’m struggling with various things too. Like needing the strike for the turtle (which is annoying in itself, but is what it is) and no one doing it. I’ll try tomorrow when it’s daily, but I think the holiday season will have people busy out of game or in the festival.

There are groups for this every day. Just use LFG. 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Sarius.9285 said:

there's literally groups for that the entire day, every day

They're usually called KO for Kaineng Overlook

I did it a few weeks ago and the first problem I had was working out they all just say KO, in amongst other acronyms I'm not familiar with because I don't do strikes often. The bigger problem is that almost all the ones I saw wanted experienced people for fast clears and even if they weren't asking for raid tokens as proof I wasn't comfortable joining them because I hadn't done the strike version before.

I did join one group just doing it as a normal stike (which didn't ask for experience) but then people kept quitting every time someone got downed, so we ended up wasting more time looking for more people to join so we could try again than actually doing the strike. After 3 or 4 tries I ran out of time and had to leave.

After that I found a group advertised as specifically for getting the turtle, we had 1 or 2 people who knew the mechanics and the rest I think hadn't done it before. It was a lot slower to complete each round of the fight but we only wiped once and people revived each other instead of quitting so overall it went much quicker than the normal strike group and we finished it.

So in general my advice (as always) is to make your own group and state that you need it for the turtle because then I think people are more inclined to help. You could also ask your guilds to help.

But I also agree that this isn't the best time of year to do group activities because a lot of people won't be online for various reasons, and the ones who are might well be focusing on Wintersday.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

The bigger problem is that almost all the ones I saw wanted experienced people for fast clears

fc doesn't mean fast clear, but full clear.

And I don't think there was ever a group asking for raid kp lol.

the rest of the comment however is very true 

Edited by Sarius.9285

3 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

There were none yesterday evening. In fact very few strikes in both lfg groups had groups. Lfg was quite sparse and as I said, it’s because of the time of year and the festival

You can always make your own group, you don’t have to wait for others to do it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I did it a few weeks ago and the first problem I had was working out they all just say KO, in amongst other acronyms I'm not familiar with because I don't do strikes often. The bigger problem is that almost all the ones I saw wanted experienced people for fast clears and even if they weren't asking for raid tokens as proof I wasn't comfortable joining them because I hadn't done the strike version before.

I did join one group just doing it as a normal stike (which didn't ask for experience) but then people kept quitting every time someone got downed, so we ended up wasting more time looking for more people to join so we could try again than actually doing the strike. After 3 or 4 tries I ran out of time and had to leave.

After that I found a group advertised as specifically for getting the turtle, we had 1 or 2 people who knew the mechanics and the rest I think hadn't done it before. It was a lot slower to complete each round of the fight but we only wiped once and people revived each other instead of quitting so overall it went much quicker than the normal strike group and we finished it.

So in general my advice (as always) is to make your own group and state that you need it for the turtle because then I think people are more inclined to help. You could also ask your guilds to help.

But I also agree that this isn't the best time of year to do group activities because a lot of people won't be online for various reasons, and the ones who are might well be focusing on Wintersday.

Couldn’t even find an experienced group. The acronyms were fine to understand, it was just empty on EU for end of dragon strikes.

Hopefully later since it’s a daily

1 hour ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I’m aware of that. I don’t know the instance so leading it would be foolish 

I suggest you make a strike trainings group. That worked very well for me, but that was a few months ago.

Spoiler

The KO strike itself is same as the EOD story part where you fight the minister, just harder.

Edited by GODh.3892
typo

2 minutes ago, GODh.3892 said:

I suggest you make a strike trainings group. That worked very well for me, but that was a few months ago.

Hide contents

The strike itself is same as the story part where you fight the minister, just harder.

I’m reading some guides on it. I barely remember the story fight apart from it being quite long. 

9 hours ago, Sarius.9285 said:

fc doesn't mean fast clear, but full clear.

And I don't think there was ever a group asking for raid kp lol.

the rest of the comment however is very true 

I didn't say they wrote FC, I said they were asking for experienced people and while I didn't go into this much detail in my first post when I asked if I could join anyway they told me they wanted a fast run so they didn't want anyone joining who hadn't done the strike before. 

Also unless you were looking on the same evenings I was I'm not sure how you can be sure what all the groups I saw asked for. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Big shout out to Lina Vex for taking pity on us who were unable to get a group started or found through the day and patiently got us through it without needing KP or other silly things. And despite a near wipe at 15%!

Good fun. 

Anytime a commander ask to ping any items, I'll always assume it's a fairly inexperienced player trying to command. Except for CM Strikes, which may be understandable since they do require knowing the mechanics. For all normal mode strikes (aside from Old Lion's Court since it's fairly new), any group should be able to carry a couple of players new to Strikes. Of course, players attempting to try it for the first time, they should try and familiarize themselves with the mechanics beforehand so they won't cause an unnecessary wipe.

First rule of thumb for Strikes should be: If your screen lit up, it means you're being targeted with an AoE. It's totally impossible to miss them. Move away from group to drop the AoE fields, or if it's a spread-out mechanics. Exception is the green AoE for sharing damage.

Unless it's a training group, not knowing anything about the mechanics, you could waste yours and everyone else's time.

Edited by Silent.6137

11 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

Anytime a commander ask to ping any items, I'll always assume it's a fairly inexperienced player trying to command. Except for CM Strikes, which may be understandable since they do require knowing the mechanics. For all normal mode strikes (aside from Old Lion's Court since it's fairly new), any group should be able to carry a couple of players new to Strikes. Of course, players attempting to try it for the first time, they should try and familiarize themselves with the mechanics beforehand so they won't cause an unnecessary wipe.

First rule of thumb for Strikes should be: If your screen lit up, it means you're being targeted with an AoE. It's totally impossible to miss them. Move away from group to drop the AoE fields, or it's a spread-out mechanics. Exception is the green AoE for sharing damage.

Unless it's a training group, not knowing anything about the mechanics, you'll could waste yours and everyone else's time.

They were an excellent commander. Taught everyone the mechanics clearly before starting, didn’t moan when people died. Carried us when we needed it, but made sure everyone had a good time. I tipped them afterwards as well as that kind of experience seems increasingly rare for me.

Anyway, think I’ve hijacked the poor ops thread enough 😂

• Like 1

23 hours ago, circuitnerd.5863 said:

I'm stuck at the Tower of Nightmares because every time I go in there is a max of 2 other people. I've been trying to complete this story step for a while now but simply can't. Every time I check LFG there are no squads or parties for anything except SW once in a while. How the heck am I supposed to do this Anet?!

You can still continue on to LA. Personally, after doing tower a few times and having it either be empty or get no credit I sorta moved on. Granted if you skip I guess you cannot be an achievement competitionist but meh so what this game isnt really worth investing too much time into anymore. I just skipped past tower and did the next bit which I think Im at now cause I felt burnt out on the lw1 redo stuff. I

23 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Yeah, I’m struggling with various things too. Like needing the strike for the turtle (which is annoying in itself, but is what it is) and no one doing it. I’ll try tomorrow when it’s daily, but I think the holiday season will have people busy out of game or in the festival.

Personally, I decidede a few months ago I dont really need the turtle cause I dont see much use for it. I wanted it at first cause it was the new mount but Im over that now. In reality other mounts are better and I dont really see doing guided tours these days w newbies. Im sure many enjoy it. Its just not appealing enough to me at this point to concern myself. Kinda like fishing and the skiff. Im perfectly happy and honestly prefer my skimmer to the skiff.

14 hours ago, Urud.4925 said:

If you don't want to wait until the end of the festival, I think you can handle toxic seeds to the NPC in the first room of the instance, in order to skip the events, then exit the instance and talk again to the Charr in Kessex, to go to the next story instance.

This ☝️
 https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pristine_Toxic_Spore_Sample
1) inspect material storage

2) gather in location (Kessex Hills)

3) Take drop after event bosses in Kessex Hills

4) Buy lacking from TP

Edited by Nomore.7861

51 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

You can still continue on to LA. Personally, after doing tower a few times and having it either be empty or get no credit I sorta moved on. Granted if you skip I guess you cannot be an achievement competitionist but meh so what this game isnt really worth investing too much time into anymore. I just skipped past tower and did the next bit which I think Im at now cause I felt burnt out on the lw1 redo stuff. I

Personally, I decidede a few months ago I dont really need the turtle cause I dont see much use for it. I wanted it at first cause it was the new mount but Im over that now. In reality other mounts are better and I dont really see doing guided tours these days w newbies. Im sure many enjoy it. Its just not appealing enough to me at this point to concern myself. Kinda like fishing and the skiff. Im perfectly happy and honestly prefer my skimmer to the skiff.

I’m doing it for completionist sake and to mess around with. I haven’t enjoyed the process of getting it though. I much preferred the skyscale approach

1 hour ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

Personally, I decidede a few months ago I dont really need the turtle cause I dont see much use for it.

Turtles are only useful for structures, which it can decimate extremely fast. Not a mount for normal fighting. However, the mastery is extremely useful as its final mastery will increase all your mount's HP by 50%. If nothing else, this

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Silent.6137 said:

Turtles are only useful for structures, which it can decimate extremely fast. Not a mount for normal fighting. However, the mastery is extremely useful as its final mastery will increase all your mount's HP by 50%. If nothing else, this

Didnt know about that. It does sound nice, but tbh I cannot remember the last time I was dismounted from lack of mount hp. I use that bond thing if it gets low. I wouldnt mind more health on mounts, but I dont think its worth needing to figure out the turtle thing for.

Mind you I am also of the mindset that the Dragon Slayer Mastery line was mostly useless since I dont plan to do DRMs as part of my play so even tho I have most masteries completed I left those undone cause I dont want to farm the last few MPs to get them. Many do them just to feel completed.

Im not a completionist. I complete what I think is worth my time at this point which isnt too much.