4 improvements the game absolutely needs

6 hours ago, Andifulated.3482 said:

I'd believe that argument if it wasn't for the absurd bloom and particle vomit in every fight when more than 3 players show up.

Again, at the beginning of the game's history, when the GUI was designed, this wasn't an issue.  Since then, it has, but the GUI was already designed at that point because we're several years into the game now.  The state of the game has not accommodated the original intent behind the design of the GUI.  Not sure how this is hard to believe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rogue.8235 said:

Again, at the beginning of the game's history, when the GUI was designed, this wasn't an issue.  Since then, it has, but the GUI was already designed at that point because we're several years into the game now.  The state of the game has not accommodated the original intent behind the design of the GUI.  Not sure how this is hard to believe.

I played back in 2012.  Keeping track of boons was difficult back then because there weren't just boons but also a ton of unique effects as well and the overbearing particle crap was everywhere too (Hello Guardian F1 procs on large creatures).

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, robertthebard.8150 said:

So, you're just arguing to argue, or just trolling?  What other purpose does examining other player's gear serve?  Oh...  I see...

Having the right gear for your build & role shows at least some semblance of organization and desire for being a team player.  It's like how when people put "Ping pants" in the LFG and people come in pinging their pants because that shows people have actually read the LFG post.  Yeah you could ask, but a lot of people don't like getting called out or even talking about it.  Need I remind you about all the posts both here and on the GW2 subreddit of people who want more solo content or don't enjoy talking with others due to some social anxiety?  Yeah good luck prying out any information from someone who's doing 2k DPS at best, providing no boons, healing, or buffs.  Those sorts tend to be unresponsive at best or explosively toxic and entitled at worst.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

On 1/9/2023 at 1:06 AM, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

The user interface changes would be nice, but otherwise I'm afraid this isn't the game for you.

Which is why it is gradually dying in terms of devoted playerbase. New players going to level and then leave after buying legendaries for real money

• Confused 9

1 hour ago, Mik.3401 said:

Which is why it is gradually dying in terms of devoted playerbase. New players going to level and then leave after buying legendaries for real money

I'm sure that's what makes them leave and not someone being able to directly inspect their gear? Anxiety is a real thing that alot of people have to deal with..

There are other ways to handle this. that are more effective and less intrusive.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508

31 minutes ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

I'm sure that's what makes them leave and not someone being able to directly inspect their gear? Anxiety is a real thing that alot of people have to deal with..

There are other ways to handle this. that are more effective and less intrusive.

At the end of the day, group content requires a party and parties require some semblance of communication and cooperation to function or the group dissolves.  Having the ability to see someone's build and gear without asking them is one way to mitigate a lot of anxiety of breaking the ice, so to speak.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

#1&2 are okay

#3 Like I said in the other thread yes Gw2 is one of the last games to implement it or does it? => Public version of Strike-Missions

But in general to make it usable with queue in lets say Fractals and Dungeons you need a not simple implementation for it and a serious improvement of builds and balance design otherwise this won't work

#4 don't like it because it leads to unnecessary discussion if maybe in peaceful zone only.

In general there are more stuff the games needs :

-Like a consistent vision of the game and not a new one with each expansion

-The way Arena.NET handles boons they need to away from nefing them into the ground

-Stealth need a working counter mechanic.

- PvP need improvement on the mechanical side as well Arena.NET need to go away from nerfing class mechanics away in this mode or we can just all play Dragon Ball.

- WvW need it siege war aspects back

- and we need more content.

I would say Gw2 feels old but not so old like R classic . In general I don't think Arena.NET will change anything big anymore . The amount of content they but out last your after the expansion is something you could do with 5-10 people possible less. You may also notice there are  threads about exploits running without any moderator doing something.

The game as it is , is basically in maintenance mode.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, kharmin.7683 said:

How do you figure this?

Because I know how much works this is  after the one Strike-Mission . What they mostly did is just simple programming work, only some other stuff for cms modes.

The majority work in an MMO is designing a new map from scratch I done this myself as hobby in the past one PvP map 200h is not something super big. We saw it already that a full living story map takes 6 month to make .

With season1 the just flipped existing content, new cms also only means they overwork existing events. Means that a good chunk of the living story crew was without work the whole time . So either they left or NCsoft moved them to other project inside their company.

• Confused 5

40 minutes ago, Lord of the Fire.6870 said:

Because I know how much works this is  after the one Strike-Mission . What they mostly did is just simple programming work, only some other stuff for cms modes.

The majority work in an MMO is designing a new map from scratch I done this myself as hobby in the past one PvP map 200h is not something super big. We saw it already that a full living story map takes 6 month to make .

With season1 the just flipped existing content, new cms also only means they overwork existing events. Means that a good chunk of the living story crew was without work the whole time . So either they left or NCsoft moved them to other project inside their company.

You do realize they already announced a new expansion? Maintenance mode means they will not add more content but only maintain the game. Since they will add more content, it is not in maintenance mode

• Like 6

1 hour ago, kharmin.7683 said:

People really need to understand what "maintenance mode" means.

Anet aren't telling me what they are doing every second of every day so they clearly aren't working on anything. They also aren't adding content I specifically want or that is specifically geared towards me to the game, so they clealy haven't , aren't ,and won't  be adding new content to the game. 

If nothing new has been added and they aren't working on anything the game is clearly in maintenance mode no? 

/s

• Haha 5