MAG: So what do they do differently that the rest of us arent doing?

Ausar.9542

This is basically what a Mag Cloud looks like.  It's just a blob of players running meta roaming builds mixed in with some meta zerg support builds.  Lots of ranged pew pew and aoe.  Lots of melee cleavers with teleports or leaps.  Lots of revives.  Lots of boons.  Lots of auras.  Lots of cleanses.  Lots of numbers.

You figure it out.  /shrug

https://ibb.co/fYdLGhg

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chaba.5410 said:

This is basically what a Mag Cloud looks like.  It's just a blob of players running meta roaming builds mixed in with some meta zerg support builds.  Lots of ranged pew pew and aoe.  Lots of melee cleavers with teleports or leaps.  Lots of revives.  Lots of boons.  Lots of auras.  Lots of cleanses.  Lots of numbers.

You figure it out.  /shrug

https://ibb.co/fYdLGhg

What a disappointment to see that this infamous mag group is simply abusing elementalist gameplay

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Telgum.6071 said:

What a disappointment to see that this infamous mag group is simply abusing elementalist gameplay

Well competitive players look for advantages over their opponents where they can get them.  The real question is why aren't others abusing that either?  I tend to see players on their roaming builds or some other "don't tell me how to play" special sauce without bringing the associated support builds.  That's the real "unorganized" play.

WvW isn't exactly a competitive game mode, but that doesn't mean players should come crying to the forums about perfectly legal (within the game rules) moves.

Edited by Chaba.5410

28 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Congrats to Maguuma for being the only Full NA server!

#OpenBG!

seems like daddy anet finally found a solution to the big bad MAG. 

let’s open all the servers this way the players can stack stack stack. Plus the cash 💰!!

I say bring it. We want you to stack. We want to have tough fights, join up. Call your friends! Let’s get a stack party started! 

I’ll sponsor the first xfer! Gogogogogog

~obs

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

45 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Well competitive players look for advantages over their opponents where they can get them.  The real question is why aren't others abusing that either?  I tend to see players on their roaming builds or some other "don't tell me how to play" special sauce without bringing the associated support builds.  That's the real "unorganized" play.

WvW isn't exactly a competitive game mode, but that doesn't mean players should come crying to the forums about perfectly legal (within the game rules) moves.

I'm not on Mag but for myself, that's more of an I'm not diving into that ball of light with you that you haven't scoped out enough yet, I need some elasticity in my build and I need to move around in this area by feeling it out and tuning into the vibe. I still bring support and I'm likely the one who will get you up or walk you in or out. I understand the need for team compositions, that's why I try to cover them. NSP doesn't have huge numbers or even what we moderately had before, but sometimes a time zone gets into a flow and even the full comp squads and blobs are tuned in and moving how I feel like they should move and that's when it's hard to log off. 

If a server lures a large concentration of people who are into that flow over time, that's how the maps are going to move. Others do use those advantages, but their server just wont have the same concentration of those players unless GW2 suddenly tapped into a huge new playerbase. Probably wont happen but I think enough of the playerbase could filter into another server and set up some kind of dynamic over a short period and see if it picks up momentum over a few matches. It would probably kill a few other servers though and might not last itself anyway. 

Edited by kash.9213

What they are doing differently is that they have sheer numbers. My server has been climbing the last few weeks and made it to T1. I am on Fort Aspenwood. They are not doing anything differently and 1vs1 most of their players are average. What they do have is numbers. Just last night, we were outnumbered on every map except our home bl and we had multiple commanders and groups up on each map. Until Anet can figure out a way to control the WvW population for each server, the Mag problem is not going  anywhere. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Wow 7 servers suddenly at medium population, they definitely did threshold adjustments.

Just in time for relinks next week, fire up the bandwagons!

lol. This is where I will have to give hats off to Bungie. I think ANet misses opportunities here to connect and share details on what's what. If this was Bungie and changes were made they would share in their weekly TWAB. Adds interest to the player base knowing changes and upcoming ones. Already looking forward to 1/31 when new Iron Banner is out. Hoping we see the WR notes in the next few weeks for what's what.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tryfan.1457 said:

If Maguuma players always "want tough fights", why don't they transfer to fight Maguuma?

I think we all know the answer, lol.

I’ve been on maguuma for 8 years or so. In that time we have been dead last in t4 , a link server 2 times and many many times at the bottom. 

I know what the tuff fights are. I play on mag during the ocx/sea/eu time zone. Finally we as a family are on top of the hill kicking you guys off effortlessly. Yeah I think I’ll stay on MAG.

~obs

Edited by moutzaheadin.4029
  • Confused 3

On 1/15/2023 at 7:30 PM, Famine.7915 said:

At most, they in guild chat. No comms, no commander.

Now just a noob question because I tend to roam but are they not even in a group together? Don't you need a commander tag to create a certain size group? I think you need to be a commander to start a raid like squad or bigger or is that not the case in WvW?

1 hour ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Now just a noob question because I tend to roam but are they not even in a group together? Don't you need a commander tag to create a certain size group? I think you need to be a commander to start a raid like squad or bigger or is that not the case in WvW?

No, most of the time there isn't some big Mag squad or something. But being in a single guild and repping [MAG] does allow members to see each other on the map. 

2 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Fun fact: Prior to the Squad UI update that was introduced after HoT launch, everyone just joined 5-man parties or played boon roulette.