removed

Deadmoose.6594

15 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Ele with scepter gets absolutely destroyed by condi mesmer, from a mechanical PoV. Casting a gazillion skills is not good when your opponent has confusion and you have 0 cleanse.

Ele with hammer gives exactly 0 kittens about any mesmer spec. Power, condi, bunker, roamer, nothing matters, hammer cata still wins 100% of the times.

As for spellbreaker.

Mesmer does not counter warrior. Mesmer used countered warriors dumb enough to cast mending without blind\aegis\stability\in clear LoS of a mesmer with power block: that's the one and only opening.
But rn

- warrior is pretty much invulnerable to damaging conditions: halved the cd on shake it off, mending is still a full cleanse every 16s, 1\2 cleanses on every weapon swap (that's 4s)
- clones will proc full counter, 100% of the times: endless supply of bursts and adrenaline.
- spellbreaker ignores half of the defensives mechanic on mesmer: magebane tether prevents stealth\blink\slow (on chrono), resistance on dodge prevents blinds\weakness, stab on CC prevents rupts (maybe you miss the mesmer but you'll always hit a clone), aura slicer\full counter go through blocks
- mesmer usually has no boons: that, with light armor, means dagger burst hit for some 7-8k, very reliably
- on flat ground, warrior is one of the fastest classes in the game; even if the warrior is pressured, you can't chase through 2 dagger leaps, then gs swing-rush\hammer jump, then bull rush, then rampage, then full counter to cover the one moment they're vulnerable. There's 0 room to convert into a kill; the warrior, however, DOES have the tools to convert into a kill, because mesmer has always been struggling with movement other than blink on 35s cd.
- full counter and mending on such low cds makes it to that mesmer mechanically lacks the damage to fight back. Doesn't help that FC has the same cd as most of mesmer's damaging abilities (gs2, traited F1)

In this situation, mesmer does not counter warrior. Not in the slightest.

virt and chrono farm hammer cata 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6

Its funny that the Ele main says that ele will loose, while the Chrono main says chrono will loose 😄

If youd ask me: it HIGHLY depends on the player your fighting. There is no clear X>Y, if we dont factor in skilllevels.

When the best Chronoplayer i personally know, and the best Catalyst player i know collide, the Catalyst player will probably win 70ish% of fights, if not more.

But sadly there is just maybe 2 or 3 players for each profession that really push it to the limit.

Your average and below average Catalyst (silver - g2)will get completly roflstomped by a burstchrono, because you need to preemptively use invulns to survive the initial burst. When you survived the initial burst... chrono turns into a big joke. In lower elos you rarely see this tho, which is why i think Chrono has the upperhand there.

HOWEVER if we are going above that (g3-legendary) the matchup shifts HEAVILY in favor of Catalyst. Most Chronos just plateau at a certain point. i just know a few individuals that truely push chrono to the limits. But even they will have no chance, when facing one of the best Catalysts, that is using the whole repertoire of sceptre Cata.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

You already claimed that in the past. To this day I stay my case: IDK about virtuoso, but there is no chronomancer build I know of that can do threaten a hammer catalyst. There is 0 killing potential.

Power virtuoso doesnt kill hammer cata. 

Idk about condi much besides thats a trash spec relies on f2 to land. Either way, virtuoso shouldnt exist and we all can agree on that 👍

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, semak.7481 said:

Power virtuoso doesnt kill hammer cata. 

Idk about condi much besides thats a trash spec relies on f2 to land. Either way, virtuoso shouldnt exist and we all can agree on that 👍

it does too, boomer forums cant comprehend that someones better at their class then they are 😞yall hardstuck in gold actingl ike you know matchup spreads 😆

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

16 hours ago, Grimjack.8130 said:

it does too, boomer forums cant comprehend that someones better at their class then they are 😞yall hardstuck in gold actingl ike you know matchup spreads 😆

Forum memer with literally 7 points more than you will act like they learned the secret of the universe.

Grim, you're good, we all know that, but you're not God yet and you need to fly the kitten down.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Grimjack.8130 said:

Ooff... That's an awful lot of ego inflation.  You compensating for something?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

On 1/26/2023 at 10:44 PM, Grimjack.8130 said:

Lmao. I have never been in gold even once but nice try.
Loses MU that shouldnt be losing, blames it on MU. Must protect that little fragile ego, it cannot be that you are at fault 😆

But indeed, I cant comprehend how cata with its access to magnetic aura (earth blast/earth4), projectile destruction (hammer2), earth shield x2 (magnetic surge) cant win projectile dependant class that tickles without bladesongs, even then, did you unbind your dodge button?

I cant comprehend how can I win MU that I must lose, according to you, with only like, 7 hours of playtime of catalyst against ppl who main the class for years.

Also nice display of how chrono farms cata in monthly (100% they should have packed 5 virtuoso instead) /s

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, semak.7481 said:

Lmao. I have never been in gold even once but nice try.
Loses MU that shouldnt be losing, blames it on MU. Must protect that little fragile ego, it cannot be that you are at fault 😆

But indeed, I cant comprehend how cata with its access to magnetic aura (earth blast/earth4), projectile destruction (hammer2), earth shield x2 (magnetic surge) cant win projectile dependant class that tickles without bladesongs, even then, did you unbind your dodge button?

I cant comprehend how can I win MU that I must lose, according to you, with only like, 7 hours of playtime of catalyst against ppl who main the class for years.

Also nice display of how chrono farms cata in monthly (100% they should have packed 5 virtuoso instead) /s

youre content LMAO this mans out here farming pug virts and chronos and thinking its comparable to actual players, and then has the bright idea of saying im saying 5 chronos will beat 5 catas because they get countered in a pure 1v1 😂guess theres only 1 node and all 5 of ur teammates have to stand on it or something in your mind

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

58 minutes ago, Grimjack.8130 said:

youre content LMAO this mans out here farming pug virts and chronos and thinking its comparable to actual players, and then has the bright idea of saying im saying 5 chronos will beat 5 catas because they get countered in a pure 1v1 😂guess theres only 1 node and all 5 of ur teammates have to stand on it or something in your mind

Grim, with all due respect I have no kittening clue how you're winning MATs when you're farmed by virtuoso. The only damaging skill is a projectile with 20s cd and AT WORST 0.75s telegraph (even with stealth and quickness). How do you even lose to that.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Grim, with all due respect I have no kittening clue how you're winning MATs when you're farmed by virtuoso. The only damaging skill is a projectile with 20s cd and AT WORST 0.75s telegraph (even with stealth and quickness). How do you even lose to that.

doesnt matter the shatters are projectiles, theyre perma unblockable like do you not know what the traits do lmao also lmao saying its .75s cast time, first off a majority of them are 1/2 and thats before the perma quickness they have, nor is that talking about how you proc every riposte and ignoring the pulsing fields like bladesong requiem that idk pulses torment no big deal its just desert shroud ig. cata doesnt have mitigation outside of its blocks and reflects and a majority of your damage doesnt care about blocks and all of it doesnt care about reflects

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

15 hours ago, Grimjack.8130 said:

doesnt matter the shatters are projectiles, theyre perma unblockable

They're not, the trait is bugged and extremely unreliable with the illusions traitline (which is what 90% of the mesmers run because of mesmer reasons). If that trait worked properly Virtuoso would be omega broken, but it doesn't.

lmao saying its .75s cast time, first off a majority of them are 1/2 and thats before the perma quickness they have

Count the frames instead of shitposting, you'll realize they are even slower than that. Both F1 and F2 take well over 1s before the projectiles even exist. Moreover the bulk of their cast time is tied to effects, not animations, so they're unaffected by quickness -just like you can't make guardian's symbols tick faster with quickness.

For F2 it takes 0.55s to spawns the blades (0.3s with quickness). After that, blades will float behind the mesmer for 0.7s before shooting; this floating has about the same timing as that of a maul, and the blades themselves are already projectiles (with collision turned off, but projectiles) so they're not affected by quickness nor stealth. See pic related. If you can dodge maul, you can dodge this.

As for F1, it spews blades continuosly; once again, the animation itself before the spew can be sped up; once they start spewing, they do so at their own pace, which is something around once every 0.13s-ish seconds. It will take 1.10s before the first blade even exist, making this skill about as telegraphed as prime light beam (about 1.15s). If you can dodge prime light beam, you can dodge this.

That assuming the timing of the skills wasn't shadow changed, I don't count frames every week because it would require me to get clear footage from a virtuoso streamer, and good luck finding that because there's none.
Except that one mysterious virtuoso which does nothing but farming Grimjack all day long, which must be a full time job because nobody else has ever seen this superhuman mesmer.

ignoring the pulsing fields like bladesong requiem

You have a metric kittenton of superspeed to get out of the range of a spinning virtuoso, gale to interrupt the channeled F5, fortify earth to prevent the blades from hitting you and double obsidian flesh if you still get hit. You are far from the best player in the word but I'm sure you can come up with something to save yourself from that terrible F5 (which, however, pulses 1 stack of torment for 3s so IDK if you should even bother doing that...)

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Grimjack.8130 said:

doesnt matter the shatters are projectiles, theyre perma unblockable like do you not know what the traits do lmao also lmao saying its .75s cast time, first off a majority of them are 1/2 and thats before the perma quickness they have, nor is that talking about how you proc every riposte and ignoring the pulsing fields like bladesong requiem that idk pulses torment no big deal its just desert shroud ig. cata doesnt have mitigation outside of its blocks and reflects and a majority of your damage doesnt care about blocks and all of it doesnt care about reflects

So the only thing u bring in now is some whataboutism here because u can't stand it that u play a utterly broken class in Spvp atm?

• Haha 5

45 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

You have a metric kittenton of superspeed to get out of the range of a spinning virtuoso, gale to interrupt the channeled F5, fortify earth to prevent the blades from hitting you and double obsidian flesh if you still get hit. You are far from the best player in the word but I'm sure you can come up with something to save yourself from that terrible F5 (which, however, pulses 1 stack of torment for 3s so IDK if you should even bother doing that...)

ah i see, i must stop responding to you now unfortunately, as you have now intentionally (or unintentionally) represented the topic of the conversation. you see, i said hammer cata many posts ago. it is clear you are specifically talking about fa cata for some reason and you should probably actually read my posts instead of skimming through them and or assuming what im saying.

ps condi virt wins 1v1 into fa cata too, not that thats too relevant in the grand scheme of things as fa cata is very versatile and to say condi virt is would certainly be false! (wow crazy, maybe you shouldve gone down this route of saying "yes it loses 1v1 but its not very relevant so idk why you're bringing it up(except i wasnt cause i was talking about hammer))

• Haha 2
  • Confused 4

36 minutes ago, Yunari.9065 said:

So the only thing u bring in now is some whataboutism here because u can't stand it that u play a utterly broken class in Spvp atm?

idk what you're talking about cause ive played ele when it was the worst class in the game, ive played it when its the best class in the game and everywhere in between since 2018, and im the last person to deny ele being broken rn(or ever) 

• Confused 3

Overall ele is too strong, it is not just CATA.

There are many problems with the profession that hurt PvP.

But, many classes that had weaknesses, reasoned out by the OGS have now been buffed out of those weaknesses.

The game is a mess, and I'm sick of playing it. 

Can't play anything but meta or you are a wintrader.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

youre content LMAO this mans out here farming pug virts and chronos and thinking its comparable to actual players

Did you miss the part, where I have said, I'm pretty much a crap catalyst? Actual mesmer players left long ago thanks to cmc hate and bias towards the class, no surprise they are gone, I dueled very few that are still play time to time, so everyone is a pug apparently.

8 hours ago, Grimjack.8130 said:

doesnt matter the shatters are projectiles, theyre perma unblockable like do you not know what the traits do lmao also lmao saying its .75s cast time, first off a majority of them are 1/2 and thats before the perma quickness they have

The man, the myth, the content: Made a conclusion about MU based on traits description alone, wow...

Edit: Since you only read the traits, I have to inform you, that "unblockable" trait pretty much doesnt work since EoD launch and was never fixed/looked at(when the stars align, it might work for whole bladesong or first blade but pretty much always it doesnt) and quickness speeds up cast animation but not the blades themselves. 

Ok, I have had enough of this man, I doubt you are actually being farmed by virtuoso, but in case you are, my condolences.

Edited by semak.7481
/shrug

6 hours ago, Grimjack.8130 said:

generically ignoring the very long dissertation about the only damaging skills on virtuoso having the same telegraph as Maul and Prime Light Beam, and have the bulk of their cast time unaffected by quickness, so you can and should be dodging them, or blocking them as the unblockable trait is bugged

Way to go buddy, take the same post and replace "fa" with "hammer", you have mag aura instead of obsidian flesh and that's pretty much it.

IDK what's the deal with memasters on the forum shouting left and right they get farmed by virtuoso ON CATALYST OF ALL CLASSES, if I was killed by a virtuoso I'd be hiding like a criminal, literally paying the other player to keep it under the carpet. The kitten is wrong with you people.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4