7 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

name 1 class that got removed.

🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 11
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

I mean, mirage is currently a 300s cd trait that somehow worked its way up to become a whole elite specialization. Not entirely removed, just like 300s cd traits weren't removed, but devs made everything they could to make sure you wouldn't use it.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

30 minutes ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

Scourge and firebrand. Not literally removed, but removed.

Mirage as well.

Edit: Chrono was also "removed" when they took away it's distortion, but they gave it back now.

Edited by Waffles.5632
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

This class should get nerfed heavily and/or removed from the game completely. It's laughable how op catalyst is right now.

removed? no.

Perhaps new auras overwrite the last one used, some defensive shaves, and some skill fixing to improve visibility and prevent so much visual stacking that you can't tell what the catalyst is doing? sure.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

29 minutes ago, Eugchriss.2046 said:

Cata isn't that good. It's just favored by the best players and the best players tend to win.

Okay and sure the very best players tend to play the most UP class. I hope you see your strange logic yourself. 😅 I think there must be something why they fav that spec. Maybe because it is broken good?

Edited by Burial.1958
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Okay I see why peops saying that scourge and fb are just "removed" ...... but mirage? xD

The only thing that sucks on mirage is ... its sec dodge that is missing rn but letz be honest it was absolute beyond broken back then with all its dodges blinds Blocks ports and stealth. Still happy that this spec is not as good as it was back then xd. Cata is just to good, so is warr but mirage back then was absolute god Mode ^^

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

28 minutes ago, Pati.2438 said:

Okay I see why peops saying that scourge and fb are just "removed" ...... but mirage? xD

The only thing that sucks on mirage is ... its sec dodge that is missing rn but letz be honest it was absolute beyond broken back then with all its dodges blinds Blocks ports and stealth. Still happy that this spec is not as good as it was back then xd. Cata is just to good, so is warr but mirage back then was absolute god Mode ^^

Mirage hasn't been meta since they made it one dodge. If that is not "removed" idk what is.

They also literally did remove burning from core staff 1, because of mirage in pvp.

They also nerfed the actual mirage cloak. It was initially 1 sec evasion, but nerfed to 3/4th evasion. So not only one less dodge, but the one dodge is worth less as well. It was nerf upon nerf upon nerf, all because of condi mirage, which gutted power mirage.

There's a list of all the nerfs buried in the ancient mesmer texts somewhere. It wasn't just one dodge, but rather one dodge was the final nail in the coffin anet had already been making.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

@Waffles.5632 Well I see. I mean Warrior for example was not meta since over a year (right before its current state) but does it mean it was removed? No it simply was not op so it wasnt meta at all. Same goes for mirage. Tho I would say buff it a bit or just rework it.

My hope would be a rework that mirage cloak would be a f5 skill souch as virtuoso f5 skill . In this case you would not be able to "spam" mirage cloak cause you could gain it a fair amount of cd but also you might be able to balance it out with some special things on Master traitline. Of course my result would be then gaining mirage its second dodge back (normal dodge of course not mirage cloak like) and remove some vigor traitlines out of mirage to make mirage cloak more effective.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Burial.1958 said:

Okay and sure the very best players tend to play the most UP class. I hope you see your strange logic yourself. 😅 I think there must be something why they fav that spec. Maybe because it is broken good?

The way you answer tell me that you're new to the forum...

The "It's favored by the best players and the best players tend to win" is an old quote of what a dev said when revenant were dominating sPvP and people were crying about it. It's a meme at this point.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, Pati.2438 said:

Cant recall invasion of double-triple mirages unlike what is happening with eles/spbs and in the past with revenant (which was considered FINE as its the class that favored by the best after all!).

dodges blinds Blocks ports and stealth

Smells like a thief

Well I see. I mean Warrior for example was not meta since over a year (right before its current state) but does it mean it was removed? No it simply was not op so it wasnt meta at all. Same goes for mirage.

Mmmmmm. Lets add 1 minute cd to FC and then I will come here sayin, SPB wasnt deleted, its just stopped to be OP  and just not meta anymore but its in tip-top shape and very playble ! 
Otherwise whatever explanation I would come up, you wouldnt understand

Edited by semak.7481
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

@semak.7481 well to be fair it was back then only max 4 mes but its like this cause thief and rev where also pretty strong back then. While thief is just a hard counter to mes......

RN ele and warr are just broken cause thief and mes are not in a that good state sooo their hardest counter classes are miss in the meta. Tho im pretty sure a condi mirage could actually deal with warrior buut its bad in most other matchubs so it does not see many play atm. (Also cause still it would simply need too long to kill the warr). And thief ...... well it just miss dmg ........ . 

I gues what some guys in this Forums missing is that most classes get their own hard counter classes .... just here a list.

Ranger > Nekro

Nekro > Guardian

Guardian > Thief

Thief > Mesmer

Mesmer > Warrior

Warrior > Nekro

Thief > Ele

Of course there are some builds/classes that are good or decent on opposide way but this short list Shows how it is most of the time

(To be fair idk what engi is strong against or is bad against also idk what ele is strong against since i do never touched this classes)

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

58 minutes ago, Pati.2438 said:

@semak.7481 well to be fair it was back then only max 4 mes but its like this cause thief and rev where also pretty strong back then. While thief is just a hard counter to mes......

What?

1 hour ago, Pati.2438 said:

RN ele and warr are just broken cause thief and mes are not in a that good state sooo their hardest counter classes are miss in the meta.

Mega buffs on scepter for ele - ofc, you will ignore that. Extra buffs and defense traitline on the crack for SPB - ofc you will ignore that. 
Ofc its not buffs pushed these 2 to insane power levels that cannot be matched, its just LACK OF COUTNERS... either you nerf these or buff other to their level, you are literally begging to reboot PoF mirage to counter warrior, why not tho?