Ya know what I love? Mesmer.

Ovark.2514

9 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Mesmer has way too many defensive mechanisms in its current implementation.

Because its light armored and blink will be most likely used for mobility, not as a stunbreak. It also cant cc chain u 100-0. If u spam AAs with quickness while under the effect of confusion and clean random condis…

So u have problems with spellbreakers, catas, vindicators and mesmers according to your other posts? Its a youyou problem again. Not every class and every skill are op.

Let me guess, u are trapper ranger? I want that build nerfed, its not good, its just unfun and degen.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 6

3 hours ago, Filip.7463 said:

Because its light armored and blink will be most likely used for mobility, not as a stunbreak. It also cant cc chain u 100-0. If u spam AAs with quickness while under the effect of confusion and clean random condis…

So u have problems with spellbreakers, catas, vindicators and mesmers according to your other posts? Its a youyou problem again. Not every class and every skill are op.

Let me guess, u are trapper ranger? I want that build nerfed, its not good, its just unfun and degen.

bruh... When reading carefully, you have the chance to observe, that noone said that mesmer/virtuoso is overpowered. No one said anything about them having problems fighting them. But you raise your pitchfork and start screaming "you you" like a poptard.

What they are saying is, that they are bloated with defense mechanics, which makes fighting them a lame snoozefest. And i have to hardagree on this!  50% of the time your are just staring at them... waiting for the block to end.

It needs these defenses, because the spec as a whole (besides the visuals) is a completly useless mess. To truely fix this they have to completly reapproach the spec.

Defenses down, offenses up (and alooot of fixing) is the answer here. But the current state is just a lame waiting game against a useless profession that tickles you. Its just this annoying fly in the room that you cant catch, but no matter how hard the fly tries... it cant hurt you aswell.....   The fly is just.... there.... buzzing

Frustrating for both sides.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Filip.7463 said:

kitten.. so much wrong in one post xd That's an achievement in and of itself. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Filip.7463 said:

Yea, Mesmer very OP.

Looking at your post history you have problems with different class every 2 days. I think this is a youyou problem.

My man, mesmer is almost unkillable those days.

11 hours ago, Ovark.2514 said:

Fighting every other profession gives you that horrible feeling of having your attacks DO something most of the time. YUCK! Fighting a mesmer gives you the opposite feeling. Chefs kiss.

Aalso, a good Cat is unstoppable.

Edited by Peter.3901
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

bruh... When reading carefully, you have the chance to observe, that noone said that mesmer/virtuoso is overpowered. No one said anything about them having problems fighting them. But you raise your pitchfork and start screaming "you you" like a poptard.

What they are saying is, that they are bloated with defense mechanics, which makes fighting them a lame snoozefest. And i have to hardagree on this!  50% of the time your are just staring at them... waiting for the block to end.

It needs these defenses, because the spec as a whole (besides the visuals) is a completly useless mess. To truely fix this they have to completly reapproach the spec.

Defenses down, offenses up (and alooot of fixing) is the answer here. But the current state is just a lame waiting game against a useless profession that tickles you. Its just this annoying fly in the room that you cant catch, but no matter how hard the fly tries... it cant hurt you aswell.....   The fly is just.... there.... buzzing

Wtf

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

It's called a Chronobunker there bud. Everything it does is a CC ^^

That chrono doesnt have so many invuln and blocks. Its one trick build super predictable. Its easier to predict its burst than u are playing 4 trap ranger and u lie them all one above each other on node.

• Like 3
  • Confused 5

6 hours ago, Filip.7463 said:

That chrono doesnt have so many invuln and blocks. Its one trick build super predictable. Its easier to predict its burst than u are playing 4 trap ranger and u lie them all one above each other on node.

This is completely off topic of your original statement and why I responded to begin with.

You originally stated that Mesmer can't CC lockdown, which is bologna. The reason why Chronobunker doesn't need as many invulns and blocks as a Virtuoso is because it indeed CC locks whoever is on the node with it and they can barely move at all.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

Mesmer does damage and has mobility => "Mesmers does too much damage, OP, nerf it."

Mesmer was out of meta for 2 years.

Mesmers has sustain => "Mesmers are too tanky, kittening OP."

Just delete the class if you can't find something to compensate to nerf sustain.

Mean mesmer was OP represented only during chrono tank 1.0 and 2.0 in ladder history which mean very little since 2012.

And for the lol :

Fighting every other profession gives you that horrible feeling of having your attacks DO something most of the time. YUCK! Fighting a mesmer gives you the opposite feeling. Chefs kiss.

The fix version look like this :

Fighting as every other profession gives you that feeling of having your attacks DO something most of the time. YUCK! Fighting as  mesmer gives you the opposite feeling. Chefs kiss.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4

Trying to say anything like "Mesmer is OP" on the Mesmer Forums and you get laughed at.

Honestly, it's just Distortion that seems to be problem for you. The best way to fight classes with lots of mobility and defensive abilities is to just to sustain them and wait. You can tell when you can one shot a Mesmer since your sustain (normally ranged attacks) start dropping its health a lot.

That is when you burst them, don't mindlessly attack something watch their animations and behavior. If they start fleeing that is when they have run out of distortion like abilities.

29 minutes ago, viquing.8254 said:

Mesmer does damage and has mobility => "Mesmers does too much damage, OP, nerf it."

Mesmer was out of meta for 2 years.

Mesmers has sustain => "Mesmers are too tanky, kittening OP."

Just delete the class if you can't find something to compensate to nerf sustain.

Mean mesmer was OP represented only during chrono tank 1.0 and 2.0 in ladder history which mean very little since 2012.

And for the lol :

The fix version look like this :

Chronomancer and Virtuoso are very strong at the moment but for very different reasons.

Chronomancer has one of the best opening rotations for a Zerg in WvW. Virtuoso is just very tanky which can throw you off when you are dueling them but just like Specter their damage is very weak.

PS: Mirage is weakest Elite at the moment

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 5

15 hours ago, Filip.7463 said:

Yea, Mesmer very OP.

Looking at your post history you have problems with different class every 2 days. I think this is a youyou problem.

Or maybe, just maybe the issues actually exist. After all, what are the forums for except to alert the devs of issues in the game to be solved. We already know most devs don't put a lot of time into playing the game; and the ones that do are probably not the ones in control of profession design. Also, we have been told to use the  forums for game discussion instead of the subreddit even though the devs almost never post on here.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

While I do agree, the problem is that mesmer has 2 (3 if you count core) specs that basically aren't competitive or even remotely fun to play because they simply do nothing in the meta at the moment. This isn't even a new thing, it's been like this for over a year, in fact it was worse till they brought out the laziest "fix" I've seen for a long time, give distortion to all mesmer specs.

At what point do we have to look at the state of mesmer and say that the balance team are wilfully keeping it bad either through malice or due to having no clue how to tackle the plethora of abusive mechanics while buffing it in the ways it needs?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, apharma.3741 said:

While I do agree, the problem is that mesmer has 2 (3 if you count core) specs that basically aren't competitive or even remotely fun to play because they simply do nothing in the meta at the moment. This isn't even a new thing, it's been like this for over a year, in fact it was worse till they brought out the laziest "fix" I've seen for a long time, give distortion to all mesmer specs.

At what point do we have to look at the state of mesmer and say that the balance team are wilfully keeping it bad either through malice or due to having no clue how to tackle the plethora of abusive mechanics while buffing it in the ways it needs?

The whole Devs talking in Discord thing?

It's really only Mirage that has suffered anything close to malice.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Mell.4873 said:

The whole Devs talking in Discord thing?

It's really on Mirage that has suffered anything close to malice.

Really? So I was imagining the well changes that made 0 sense (as in what they were changed to), the general changes to chrono game wide to ensure it can't do quickness and alacrity at the same time despite it not being meta for anything except maybe zerging in WvW? That it spent years in a state of not being playable in PvP and roaming?
That Virtuoso was released with almost no changes despite MANY mesmer players and non mesmers giving feedback, direct to the devs in some cases, that it was janky and didn't actually work in many cases?

There was a long spell of mesmer receiving almost no changes, like the entire class getting no updates despite not being a meta pick in most content with every other spec getting multiple changes, reworks and fixes. Like I say, either malicious or they just don't have a clue what to do with it. I may update this with links to the patches if I can be bothered.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1