World Linking 1/27/2023

Cal Cohen.2358

Doesn't take a genius to see an ensuing uproar from one of those NA linkings so I'm very interested why there isn't a statement especially when we just had increased communication per the tweet regarding roadmaps and what seems to be a fast tracked blog post for and update for WvW.
I'm not sure if the Dev team is waiting for either alliances to come out so they never have to explain the many poor balancing issues over guild wars 2 lifetime or would like to deliver it in a livestream which they will never find the time for.

Either way i would very much suggest that similar to finding time for the weekly achieves they also find time to review this process, we have no idea when alliances will actually come out and surely it would take less than a week to find a way to avoid any egregious linkings for the mean time before WvW once again bleeds players.

12 hours ago, Sarpan.9074 said:

Do you want people to stop playing WVW?

Because this is how you get people to stop playing WVW.

Linking system is the MAIN reason why i stopped playing GW2 entirely. WvW with this linking system is an utter unbalanced and unfair trash that i've never seen in any game. GW2 PvE without WvW has no motivation to play. I loved WvW (that's why i'm still posting here), linking system destroyed it.

Edited by Daredevil.2745

16 hours ago, kanderous.7512 said:

How did Maguuma a FULL server

get Kaineng a HIGH server

When Blackgate a VERY HIGH server

get Devona's rest a Medium server

People where complaining about Mag being overstacked and getting transfers to the link partner. So, Anet had the great idea to make transferring to Mag link more costly.😁

And if this strategy might not play out well, lol, they will give Mag a link next time that is a full server too. So, no one can stack Mag + link anymore. What a briliant plan. 🤡

What i was hoping for regarding the german servers:

Drakkar - solo bc they are overstacked anyway

Elona getting linked with Kodash - because very high and medium is an okay link

Aba getting linked with Dzago or Miller - Still a high server with potential to be very high and a medium server which is actually high when the people are playing insteat of semi striking (Miller)

What we got:

Drakkar getting linked!? with Miller - what a joke

Elona getting linked with Aba - ha...

Kodash getting paired with Underworld - because reasons

Dzago getting linked with Piken - same as above

Well, it's a mess with the linkings, again and again and again.

• Confused 1

dear anet,

I take advantage of it because I have just come out of the combination Deso + Fow.

So we got the reconnections and as I imagined we got nothing. But that is not the point of my observation. Today is Thursday and right now I read a flow of deso of K+D of 40,000 and I read a flow for fow+fr of K+D of 89,000 and then I get to my point. But how do you calculate players and their playing time in order to define a full, rather than very high, server?

It seems clear and obvious that your calculation algorithm has an error, a sort of bug (like the one that does not allow you to correctly target all players) that is beyond your control. It's the only way I can give myself some sort of explanation, but feel free to come here and make me better understand something I can't see.

and I conclude with my constructive criticism (you know very well that you also have to accept a lot of criticism since it is you who has the rudder in your hand and who steers this ship. burdens and honors my friend) the next time you have time left from the hard work of alliances ( see communication last update ) I recommend putting it here,  because this is the '' problem '' (inappropriate term for a system error of a game ) 

Seeing games with flows of 40,000 and games with flows of 89,000 is the one and only real '' problem '' of this beautiful game mode. 40,000 must be increased of itself by more than 120% to get closer to 89,000 you can also cover gold players with your upgrades , but we do not solve anything. Until we accept and face that players are treated differently and that the rules are not the same for everyone in a competitive PvP mode.

I write this convinced to give you my good advice, in transparency and with great respect for your work. with the hope of reaching your unconscious and making you see things from a different perspective.😉

Edited by Mabi black.1824

1 hour ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

This is going well.

How did two mediums end up as host, and the biggest server gets a high link.

It was at this moment, they knew, they had FUP

SoS and Darkhaven were both High when they were linked and dropped to Medium early this week so it seems that recent transfers away from those servers were taken into consideration on relinks before the population algorithm caught up.

My guess is that DB and GoM are expected to be at or close to High in ways that SoS and DH are not.  Remember, the status is a range and we don't know what the thresholds are.

Edited by Chaba.5410

6 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

SoS and Darkhaven were both High when they were linked and dropped to Medium early this week so it seems that recent transfers away from those servers were taken into consideration on relinks before the population algorithm caught up.

My guess is that DB and GoM are expected to be at or close to High in ways that SoS and DH are not.  Remember, the status is a range and we don't know what the thresholds are.

So either a bunch of transfers happened in the last week and anet just didn't bother to track that (even though they once said they tracked massive movements) to take that into account. Or it happened after relink and the system for some reason quickly picked that up in only three days.

Doesn't really excused that there's still two other high links, one of which was placed with the biggest server, coming off a link with the other big server, was this really the bottom of the high servers? 🤷‍♂️