If A SoloQ Player Can't Hit Top 25, Just Throw The Whole Thing Away

Saiyan.1704

3 hours ago, swift shadow kuda.5981 said:

Solo Arena

Greetings and salutations. It’s Evan Lesh again!

Rated PvP is being split into two new formats: Solo Arena and Team Arena.

Solo Arena will allow solo players to queue up to go into games against other solo players. Team sizes will still be five-on-five, but it now means that if you play as a solo player, you’re guaranteed to play against other teams that are totally composed of other solo-queued players. You will not be able to queue with a friend in Solo Arena; if you want to play with your friends, you’ll want to queue up for Team Arena instead.

I don't know where this Evan is today, but I hope he is immeasurably rich and successful with speed-dial access to every earthly pleasure imaginable.

Gw2 and sPvP in general lost a lot when visionaries like him were replaced with do-nothings that; by and large, are against any sort of fair competition existing in sPvP, ever. Forever hidden behind the excuse that the "population is too low" for split queues, but also apparently high enough to where Rank 1 and 2 could DuoQ and somehow be expected to matchmake for.

Solo/Duo 👺👉🚪

Mr. Lesh 🤗👈🚪

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I forget which page it was on, but there was a post laying out the different factions of spvp population. I started out on the veteran track, I started at the tail end of the old pip system before the bronze/silver/gold/plat/leg system was implemented. Finished silver my first season, gold next, and a bunch of p1 finishes and a top 250 finish after that, all soloQ, mostly on ranger.

Cracks in the shiny veneer started to form quite early on though. Even when I had to play a lot and play quite tryhard to maintain even a top 250/p1 finish, I started noticing weird swings in matches. I could hold a 3v1 on far (this was the days of bunker druid) but my team would just explode or suddenly seem to forget where the nodes were. This was weird, because when the match started and I was just trolling far as a 1v1 to keep it decapped, my team was winning the midfights just fine.

As Trevor and more knowledgeable people have already laid out a lot of the observable shenanigans with greater accuracy than I can, I'll leave it at that. It got to the point where I realized when I soloQ'd had vastly greater impact on match quality/outcome than how well I played, I immediately gave up on the mode. At that moment, I switched out of the salty veteran track into the PvE pilgrim track. The moment I finished my 3rd legendary set, is the moment I quit ranked.

And you know what? I actually feel pretty good. I can soloQ in unranked for dailies, join a team for AT if I really want, and I don't have to touch the unfixed cesspool that is (and likely, will remain forever) ranked.

Edited by voltaicbore.8012
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, swift shadow kuda.5981 said:

thats my point there is no way to be competitive in ranked with the current system its all rgn and idk what competitive game mode is based off rgn  look at every pvp game including fps  all of them give u the option to form a full team for ranked play  u dont see optic or faze teaming up with randos for competitive play

Team queuers dont want competitiveness. They just want to farm solo queuers and wintrade for easy wins. otherwise they'd be asking for a separate team and solo queue instead of against it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

This is not true at all.

People who play team queues are looking for GGs man.

They will never find them going 5 on 1.

Fighting a 5 stack as a SoloQ is incredibly boring and demotivating.

Fighting a 5 stack as a 5 stack is alright though. That's why ATs have the potential to be alright.

Same with fighting mano a mano.

The "I just want to play with friends" people are straight-up liars.

The people who want to play with an advantage over others in a competition are the very reason Ranked was brought so low to begin with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

I don't know what to tell you.

I'm not lying to you when I say that I play ATs for GGs.

Well that I believe, but that's entirely different, ATs. 5v5 is about as fair as it gets unless literally a whole team decides to quit.

Nobody plays with an advantage over anyone else, unlike with Solo/Duo where the advantage is very obviously in the hands of the Duo.

So yeah, the person telling that you that they "just want to play with friends" queuing up for ATs are probably telling the truth actually.

However, the carried by DuoQ clown with a 118-2 win/loss and an ego the size of Manhattan very likely isn't when they DuoQ for Ranked.

@swift shadow kuda.5981I would delete or edit before Arenanet sends the truth police to deduct good boy tokens for badspeak. Brave were the martyrs, remember that.
I must disagree though. I consider Trev to probably be one of the smartest, if not the truest among us, worthy of respect.

At the end of the day; it isn't about winning, or always being correct, it is about hating and spiting the wintrading cartel with one's all. I can name very few people here that could ever possibly match and inspire my zeal in that regard, but @Trevor Boyer.6524is one of them.
😐7

• Like 2

On 2/3/2023 at 3:52 PM, Waffles.5632 said:

I can almost guarantee you that if you hit decay and pvp at off hours, you'll get some silvers on enemy team your first couple matches. The decay system can be abused like that. I once had a decay of -700 despite being plat1 and faced bronze for my first 3 or so matches back.

I don't know exactly what's going on, I have only a basic understanding of the MM, but have enough experience solo queue to know something is up. I know a lot of people keep saying low population, but I don't think it's just that.

"Decay only matters for leaderboard purposes; it will not affect matchmaking. You will always be matched at your non-decayed rating." - Source: GW2 Wiki, and memory from game updates.  Though it would not surprise me if they changed it without updating us, given they did the same thing when they announced the MMR rating of a duoQ would adopt the highest player's rating in said duoQ to prevent MMR manipulation.   (Edit: What I mean here, is that they said they would fix the problem but went back on their word by allowing the average rating system to remain alive.) 

Edited by Ixl Super Eu Ixl.3259
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ixl Super Eu Ixl.3259 said:

"Decay only matters for leaderboard purposes; it will not affect matchmaking. You will always be matched at your non-decayed rating." - Source: GW2 Wiki, and memory from game updates.  Though it would not surprise me if they changed it without updating us, given they did the same thing when they announced the MMR rating of a duoQ would adopt the highest player's rating in said duoQ to prevent MMR manipulation.  

Wait what?  I was pretty sure it is average mmr.  Where is the source that they changed it to highest players x2 …. Which would be a great change that I previously asked for.

2 minutes ago, shion.2084 said:

Wait what?  I was pretty sure it is average mmr.  Where is the source that they changed it to highest players x2 …. Which would be a great change that I previously asked for.

They announced said claim of the MMR now taking the top player's rating only in response to the absurd matchmaking manipulation that occurred in early seasons (teams using Ruby ranked accounts to lower the average rating of a diamond+ rated team in ranked). Sadly you are right, and today it does take the average of the duo's rating, forever cementing the behavior noted throughout this thread. Cementing it because now everyone is paranoid that everyone is doing it, causing new waves of people joining the crowd with a nonchalant attitude. Though truthfully, the cartel as you all call it is full of much better players than most of us. It is the ease of access to these techniques that is ruining PvP. Anyone can multibox multiple accounts through losses until they have 5 or more accounts sitting at bronze. And anyone can place well beyond their own legitimate skill level using them to manipulate rating. ArenaNet is to blame, not the best players who just happen to know that if they do not take the advantage then some other chump will. Hate the game, not the player.