Skirmish Tickets

Goglak.2591

53 minutes ago, Hemi.5267 said:

Skirmish tickets keep adding no? Or is there a cap? 

there is a weekly cap of 365 skirmish-tickets from the skirmish-track, plus the additional 35 Tickets that were added with the weekly achievements. That´s the only limitation on getting tickets, and once you have your characters equipped and/or completed all legendary stuff that use up tickets, they just pile up infinitely. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/30/2023 at 10:02 PM, Goglak.2591 said:

how come the PvE armor takes 5 weeks of max tickets to get enough to craft legendary PvE armor ticket to craft, but it takes 22 weeks to get the WvW max tickets to craft the WvW armor?

this needs to be fixed.

Anet want you to do pve content too and not focus on only one side , also you realy don't need lego armor realy , wvw have a lot of problems rn than looking at how much time you need to get the armor , so they wont realy care about this rn.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Nidome.1365 said:

I've got so many skirmish tickets I have run out of stuff to spend them on except maybe the occasional 20 use ascended salvage kite every couple of months or so.

We need more stuff to spend the tickets on and a use for all these conqueror/avenger emblems that are stacking up.

This is one of the worst ways to spend skirmish tickets probably. Ascended salvage tools drop easily in fractals and if not you can buy them for 1g plus two fractal relics which aren't timegated (as opposed to pristine fractal relics which are).

Arenanet seems to have balanced WvW ascended salvage tools against the raid cost which is 1g plus 2 magnetite shards (of 300 possible per week). The difference is in WvW you can use skirmish tickets for things other than drops and tradable items and salvaging any ascended drops from raids gives you 60 magnetite. The only ways that are probably worse are the 1g plus laurels and maybe 1 PvP ticket and 250 shards of glory (~5g) since that is debatable depending on if you need the PvP tickets for something (the legendary versions need PvP tickets but ascended only requires ascended shard of glory).

I'm of the opinion if Arenanet intends the ascended salvage tool to be  actually reasonably priced they need to rebalance the ascended salvage tool cost (for example if it were testimonies of heroic plus badges of tribute). Just the 20 memories of battle alone at the current cost of approximately 20 silvers each is 4 gold. The price is similarly poor if you use the 20 use kit since even if that costs 25 skirmish tickets it still requires 250 memories of battle which is 50g as opposed to the other modes where it costs only 20g in liquid gold.

The PvP shards of glory have inflated massively (about triple since the launch of EoD , before Feb 2020 it was around 50 copper) along with a large inflation of memories of battle (about triple since the 2020 competitive patch). Memories of battle at their lowest were something along the lines of several silver and shards of glory were mere copper.

This isn't even including things people should never buy from the skirmish vendor such as random traps and tricks for 5 memories of battle and skirmish tickets (when you can get them for badges of honor or in skirmish chests), the memory gobbler which has never been useful since its introduction, obsidian shards which are gained easily for no gold cost, or canned food crates that you can buy for badges of honor.

In summary:
1 use kit is 1g + 2 fractal relics compared to 10 skirmish tickets and 20 memories of battle (~4g) 
-> the valuation of memories of battle would need to drop below 5 silver as 1 gold is 100 silvers
5 use kit is 5g + 10 fractal relics compared to 15 skirmish tickets and 75 memories of battle  (~15g) 
-> the valuation of memories of battle would need to drop below 6 silver 67 copper
20 use kit is 20g + 40 fractal relics  compared to 25 skirmish tickets and 250 memories of battle (~50g) 
-> the valuation of memories of battle would need to drop below 8 silvers

---

6 hours ago, Custodio.6134 said:

there is a weekly cap of 365 skirmish-tickets from the skirmish-track, plus the additional 35 Tickets that were added with the weekly achievements. That´s the only limitation on getting tickets, and once you have your characters equipped and/or completed all legendary stuff that use up tickets, they just pile up infinitely. 

Have you completed the mistforged obsidian weapons and mistforged weapons (each one is 350 tickets)? Or is the goal of people to just get legendary armor / ring without PvE-ing?

I don't see why people keep pushing the narrative there is nothing to use skirmish tickets on. If Arenanet made a collection that rewarded completing the set I'm almost certain people that WvW regularly would try to finish it.

If you run out of things to purchase you can always get +5 WvW infusions among other things, that's up to 18 per character, 36 if you have two stat types (i.e. power and healing). That is 45 tickets per which is  810 tickets per set. If you don't like ranked PvP there's also the entire Mist Lord weaponset shared with PvP.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Thanks 1

I don't run fractals.

I don't want to run fractals.

They should fix the MoB cost on some items, especially the repeatable ones like salvage tools/kits, as in add the hard gold cost it should be worth per use, 1g, double the ticket cost, and remove the MoB cost which is a variable cost due to it's tradability.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2023 at 10:02 PM, Goglak.2591 said:

how come the PvE armor takes 5 weeks of max tickets to get enough to craft legendary PvE armor ticket to craft, but it takes 22 weeks to get the WvW max tickets to craft the WvW armor?

this needs to be fixed.

Because one is rewarded much more passively than the other. The other is also based on success because it's balanced around a specifically controlled pve environment, which is much harder/impossible to do in pvp environment.

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

I don't run fractals.

They should fix the MoB cost on some items, especially the repeatable ones like salvage tools/kits, as in add the hard gold cost it should be worth per use, 1g, double the ticket cost, and remove the MoB cost which is a variable cost due to it's tradability.

The point of the post I made before yours is not that the person should run fractals. It is that the cost is so out of whack it is not even viable to buy the kits in most cases. You probably will not even break even if you salvage rings or items without expensive upgrades or infusions in them (an extractor is 24 silver).

• Armor : the only time it would even be worth it is if you salvage accountbound runes or runes that cost over 4g (there's only maybe 4 or 5 of those) or are trying to obtain ball of dark energy (used in Gift of the Mists or Gift of War Prowess)
  • Weapons: basically never worth it at all unless you are attempting to obtain ball of dark energy
  • Rings: you would need to attune them probably and any ring without infused status will only have 1 chance of stabilizing matrices meaning a total of two chances if attuned (which costs 24 silvers due to agonized essence)
  • Trinkets: because the WvW trinkets require memories of battle and tickets you would be hard pressed to even salvage them
  • Backpiece: It takes quite a few skirmish tickets to make the ascended WvW one so this is not a real option

On top of that your suggestion to double the ticket costs and remove the Memories of Battle cost wouldn't fix the problem. The problem is skirmish tickets are weekly capped and fractal relics (especially only two of them) can be gained in minutes at any given time of the week even on T1 fractals. There are several ways for Arenanet to make it more equitable such as making it a fixed 1g cost and charging testimonies of heroics which are analogous to fractal relics, charging testimonies of heroics and badges of honor , or removing memories of battle cost and putting badges of honor in its place. Testimonies of heroics are the WvW equivalent to fractal relics since there is no timegate (as well as coming from the Skirmish Chests). Badges of honor drop from players, lords, convert from skirmish chests, and come in the daily chests so I would not call them analogous to fractal relics.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Infusion.7149 said:

On top of that your suggestion to double the ticket costs and remove the Memories of Battle cost wouldn't fix the problem. The problem is skirmish tickets are weekly capped and fractal relics (especially only two of them) can be gained in minutes at any given time of the week even on T1 fractals.

Yet there's a bunch of people running around these forums saying they have nothing to do with excess tickets..

The point of the suggestion was to take out a tradable currency which fluctuates the price between the two.

Fractal relics are not tradable, tickets are not tradable, the amount for cost anet can decide in regards to it being gated or not. You can substitute heroics badges emblems, I don't really care, other than the one that's tradable and has more value being sold instead.

On 2/1/2023 at 8:40 AM, Jitters.9401 said:

Go to this link. Scoot down to WvW legendary armor. Check the costs. If you think you can earn all that by doing just the basic take 1 camp every 10 minutes then lolololololol   not sure what game you are playing but it is not GW2.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor

Although you're right that not everything can be gained by doing WvW, the vast majority is. There are the trophies but beyond that, it's all WvW stuff or stuff you can get in WvW.

PVE legendary is quicker and you are only required to do pve. You are NOT forced to do wvw.

It is a lot quicker but I would prefer you would say Raiding instead of PvE. You are forced to do raids for raid armor.

WvW legendary takes much longer and you are forced to do pve to collect what you need.  It is so much much much much much much much much much much more than simple skirmish claim tickets. 

It's more but not as much as you pretend. 

Let's break it down:

• Gift of War Prosperity: *The trophies you need to get in OW PvE, but the GoB and Mystic Clovers you can get from WvW from the GoB reward track.
  • Gift of War Prowess: All available via WvW.
  • Gif of War Dedication: All of this is WvW
  • Ascended precursor: This is acquired in WvW

So it comes down to having to get the trophies elsewhere and that's it.

Legendary WvW = PvE+WvW.

Legendary PvE = PvE. 

Legendary WvW = WvW and OW PvE (for trophies)

Legendary PvE = Raids + OW PvE

I think that this would be a fairer comparison because OW PvE is easy content for the most part and Raids are not, and you do not need to do raids for WvW armor, just get trophies by making gold with metas or something.

I think that you also misunderstand Cyninja. They're talking about what it takes as the bare minimum to get Legendary WvW armor and they're right...there's lots of leechers and afk'ers in WvW to prove it. Now that doesn't mean that everybody does that of course, but in the end you do only need to keep your participation up to get there eventually and that's not hard to do.

You literally only have to stand in the cap circles to get participation. You don't even need to participate in combat or anything. You can run along PPT zergs and not even participate as long as you stand in that cap circle or just go from camp to camp and join the roamers and let them do the work for you.

I'm sure you put a lot more effort in, but in the end it's not a requirement for legendary wvw armor.

*EDIT: Above I stated that the trophies (for the Gift of Condensed Might and Gift of Condensed Magic) were not available in WvW, but they are. You do actually get them from the bags you get for killing enemy players.

So technically you don't have to do any PvE content to get WvW legendary armor. Is it efficient? Probably not but it can be done. So yeah it pays to do OW PvE just to make things go quicker, but it's not necessary.

Edited by Gehenna.3625
  • Like 5
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Gift of War Prosperity: The trophies you need to get in OW PvE, but the GoB and Mystic Clovers you can get from WvW from the GoB reward track.

What do you mean with trophies? I don't see any (PvE-)trophies that are required for the Gift of War Prosperity.

• Confused 2

17 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

but I would prefer you would say Raiding instead of PvE. You are forced to do raids for raid armor.

Raiding is PvE 

It is not the raid armor, it’s the PvE armor, you have to play a variety of PvE content for the armor, not just raids. You are forced to do fractals and meta events as well. 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

18 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Gift of War Prosperity: The trophies you need to get in OW PvE, but the GoB and Mystic Clovers you can get from WvW from the GoB reward track.

13 hours ago, Zok.4956 said:

What do you mean with trophies? I don't see any (PvE-)trophies that are required for the Gift of War Prosperity.

1 hour ago, Custodio.6134 said:

well, you need Gift of Condensed Might and Gift of Condensed Magic, which is literally made out of trophies. 

Gift of Condensed Might and Gift of Condensed Magic are made out of crafting materials. You can can farm the materials yourself or you can buy them at the trading post with gold. So you don't need them to get in "OW PvE".

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, vares.8457 said:

Raiding is PvE 

No. Raiding is part of the PvE game mode but Raiding and PvE are not the same.

1 hour ago, vares.8457 said:

It is not the raid armor, it’s the PvE armor

Sure, it is the only legendary armor in the PvE game mode, but it is the legendary armor that is linked to raids and that was created as the ultimate reward for raids. It was not created as the ultimate reward for all PvE player-types or fractals or open-world players.

"When we started creating raids, our aim was to produce complex endgame combat that would really give players a chance to demonstrate their skills, abilities, and tactical thinking in overcoming its challenges. As a reward for defeating the raid bosses, we realized early on that we would need something that reflects your success to other players. Enter legendary armor—the ultimate pinnacle of armor in all of Tyria.https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/legendary-armor-is-coming-soon/

2 hours ago, vares.8457 said:

you have to play a variety of PvE content for the armor, not just raids. You are forced to do fractals and meta events as well. 

So what? You also have to go into WvW for the GoB for building legendary weapons, but that doesn't make those weapons WvW legendary weapons.

Naming the Envoy Armor as Raid Armor suits the target audience much better than PvE Armor, since the PvE game mode has many different sub-modes and their player types.

• Like 6
  • Confused 5

On 2/3/2023 at 2:27 PM, vares.8457 said:

Raiding is PvE 

It is but there are a lot of people in PvE that do not Raid, hence the distinction between Raiding and OW PvE.  For me Strikes fall under Raiding as well since they require an organized squad of 10 btw.

Whenever an OW player who doesn't want to raid wants legendary armor, they end up in WvW or buying their way through raids. That's how much Raiding is considered part of PvE to OW PvE'ers. And that's the reason I make the distinction.

Raiding is just not representative of the vast majority of PvE'ers. Most PvE'ers would rather play a competitive mode than do raids. That should make you think. Again, hence the distinction between raiding and OW PvE.

I, for one, would hope that there will come OW PvE legendary armor sets, because then there will be a lot fewer people in WvW who don't really want to be there and as such don't really participate. Last night there were queues on all maps during prime time. The enemy servers had zergs of around 60 players, we managed almost 40*. So what make up the rest of our side then? I'm a scout/roamer and when recapping camps there were at most 3 other people there.

And after the main zergs were done, capping camps had 15+ people there and when a tower was in trouble because of an enemy group of 25+ enemies people waited to cap the camp (it still had a minute on it) before going there.

Kinda makes you wonder. 🤷‍♂️

Who knows, maybe they didn't have the camp capture weekly achievement done yet?

*Edit: We managed a zerg of almost 40 but there were constant queues, so our hbl was at full capacity.

Edited by Gehenna.3625
  • Like 2
  • Confused 5

The biggest annoyance to WvW players outside of Magumma (shout out) are AFK farmers that are running in place against a wall or standing somewhere not doing anything to help in regards to claiming points or fighting over objectives. You are the bain to the game mode and the reason for the elongated time gate.

If we want to speed up the easiest form of AFK farming legendary armor then maybe Arenanet should implement systems to kick AFK players out of the game mode. They can look at the respawn timer for veteran creatures and if your character hasn’t moved (map-wise to ignore running into a wall) for 1.5-2x that spawn timer then kick them from the game mode.

Honestly I feel that it is the AFK farmers that hold the rest of the player base as hostages to the elongated farm for skirmish tickets. But as one that enjoys the game mode… I hope they don’t change it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheShireling.6978 said:

The biggest annoyance to WvW players outside of Magumma (shout out) are AFK farmers that are running in place against a wall or standing somewhere not doing anything to help in regards to claiming points or fighting over objectives. You are the bain to the game mode and the reason for the elongated time gate.

If we want to speed up the easiest form of AFK farming legendary armor then maybe Arenanet should implement systems to kick AFK players out of the game mode. They can look at the respawn timer for veteran creatures and if your character hasn’t moved (map-wise to ignore running into a wall) for 1.5-2x that spawn timer then kick them from the game mode.

Honestly I feel that it is the AFK farmers that hold the rest of the player base as hostages to the elongated farm for skirmish tickets. But as one that enjoys the game mode… I hope they don’t change it.

When the weekly was announced I actually thought it would be skirmish track progress rather than skirmish tickets, thereby not lowering the number of weeks.

Couldn't they add skirmish tickets to the Tyrian Exchange Voucher? That way you can speed up the process whenever and not bother the ones that actually play WvW actively...

It's strange that there is no currency in that voucher for WvW anyway so why not add it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 2/4/2023 at 4:12 PM, TheShireling.6978 said:

Yep this is what I was talking about as well.

I think you'll find that they will find ways around that. For me the solution should be to make it less interesting for players to come to WvW when they're not even interested in participating. As such I'm for OW PvE legendary armor, because that will take care of a lot of this behavior I suspect.

The fact that it takes very long to get WvW legendary armor even when you optimize your wvw ticket gain, only makes sure that PvE players who come to WvW for legendaries spend an even longer amount of time in WvW while afk'ing and/or leeching (running along without participation but still getting credit for the cap). 

Personally I don't think the solution lies in adapting WvW to those players but rather enticing them to go to their preferred content. That's the reason I would like Anet to implement OW PVE Legendary Armor sets. They don't have to be easy and can take time just like Vision and Aurora, but I think it will take a lot of people out of WvW who don't want to be there.

3 hours ago, Hemi.5267 said:

Couldn't they add skirmish tickets to the Tyrian Exchange Voucher? That way you can speed up the process whenever and not bother the ones that actually play WvW actively...

It's strange that there is no currency in that voucher for WvW anyway so why not add it.

Dunno if it's strange, there are no PvP currencies in there either. I think if they were to put in a WvW currency the more likely curency for Anet to use would be Badges of Honor and not WvW Tickets. Much for the same reason that the TEVs contain Fractal Relics and not Pristine Fractal Relics.

But adding WvW tickets to TEVs might very well make it too easy to get WvW legendary armor. At least with weekly achievements there's a maximum and you can control it very easily. TEVs are primarily available from BLCs, so there's the P2Win feel there as well. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Hemi.5267 said:

That is essentially making the skirmish tickets "pay to win"? The vouchers are available in Black Lion Chests (i.e. gemstore).

Instead maybe the repeat of weekly WvW capture/kills could reward skirmish tickets up to the current weekly cap.

You're looking at this the completely wrong way, instead of "not bothering players that play actively" it should be how to reward players that play actively. A person afking or running into a wall on the map for more than a tick is literally using up server time (and queue space) for nothing.

• Like 1

I liked whoevers idea it was to add pips to the weekly achievements. Not a ton but some to slightly supplement completing the pip chests.

As a long time vet. This change would make zero difference to me but could shift some of the focus from afking pips to actively trying to complete weeklies (Kinda copium)

For low rank and new players. It could go a long way in addressing how long it takes to complete higher ranked chests.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hemi.5267 said:

The main issue here is:

WvW should NOT be the go-to place for players to get their legendary armor who are not interested in the mode. The fact that some players decide to "afk" their way to the WvW rewards is already an issue at hand. WvW is NOT the PvE players go-to handy down game mode for easy "gimme legy armor".

Rewards for WvW should be designed for players who actually engage with the mode. As Infusion.7149 said: we need more ways to reward players who enjoy interacting with WvW, not pity rewards for PvE players who are unable to raid (for what ever reason).

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 2/2/2023 at 9:27 AM, Xenesis.6389 said:

I don't run fractals.

Well let's take a look. (And definitely don't buy asc salvage kits from that vendor)

Superior Siege Blueprint Case (2) for 5 mob. 2 Whole blurprints

Canned Food Crate     -  5 mob. Wow, this is the same as the badge food?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/f/f1/Obsidian_Shard.png/20px-Obsidian_Shard.png Obsidian Shard (15)-- 20 mob. Lol; when was this ever a good idea.

And really nothing else of value, most of the rest is redundant with skirmish chests

And of course we still have the memes like blue siege for laurels in the normal laurel vendor (why is this not combined with the wvw vendor?) and blue siege for 12s.

Vendors just need a complete makeover.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hemi.5267 said:

No. That would actually be a pay 2 win which I will disagree with the people that say GW2 is already P2W. If people want an example of real P2W play some World of Tanks to better understand that. If people want easier/faster ways to access Leggo gear then look for other ways in PvE. WvW's compromise to get it in the game mode was an expansion in the time it takes versus needed to organize larger groups and coordinate them to do so. But putting them in black lion chests would not be a good idea on multiple fronts least of all the pay to win front of discussions. Vendor exchanges, different conversations but in the TEVers, no not a good spot for that.

4 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

No. That would actually be a pay 2 win which I will disagree with the people that say GW2 is already P2W. If people want an example of real P2W play some World of Tanks to better understand that. If people want easier/faster ways to access Leggo gear then look for other ways in PvE. WvW's compromise to get it in the game mode was an expansion in the time it takes versus needed to organize larger groups and coordinate them to do so. But putting them in black lion chests would not be a good idea on multiple fronts least of all the pay to win front of discussions. Vendor exchanges, different conversations but in the TEVers, no not a good spot for that.

Not to be argumentative but is spending money on legendary armor components really "P2W"? I agree with you its a bad idea but wouldn't it be more of a jump start since stats are normalized at the top? 

Just a question. I'm in the leg gear should be a long term goal camp.

11 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Well let's take a look. (And definitely don't buy asc salvage kits from that vendor)

Superior Siege Blueprint Case (2) for 5 mob. 2 Whole blurprints

Canned Food Crate     -  5 mob. Wow, this is the same as the badge food?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/f/f1/Obsidian_Shard.png/20px-Obsidian_Shard.png Obsidian Shard (15)-- 20 mob. Lol; when was this ever a good idea.

And really nothing else of value, most of the rest is redundant with skirmish chests

And of course we still have the memes like blue siege for laurels in the normal laurel vendor (why is this not combined with the wvw vendor?) and blue siege for 12s.

Vendors just need a complete makeover.

Yeah most of the wvw vendors and items could use a major review.

• Like 2