How do I destroy an entire game mode even further?

Markus.6492

Dear team of ArenaNet,

the patch itself didn't sound so bad, we were open-minded about the whole thing, but the weekly achievements, you honestly didn't do yourself any favors.

- Ruin Runner

- Intruder Incinerator

- Keep Crusher

- Camp Capturer

- Dolyak Denier

- Tower Taker

- Stonemist Castle Conqueror

All achievements only include attack, so why should any team defend anything if nothing else is rewarded except attack.

Weekly achievements that include and reward only one option of the game mode? Then just remove all defense events, then no one comes up with the idea to expand and defend anything and we have the same karma train as on the edge of the mists.

Tactical action has not been rewarded in WvW for a long time and the game mode is, in my opinion, getting worse.

The alliance system planned by you will not bring any improvement here, because the agreements will probably become even more difficult. There will be overpowered opponents just as there are now servers that dominate everything.

Take the weekly achievements out of the game again, the 8 gold and 35 tickets also make no real difference and so you also attract no new players in WvW and even if someone gets lost then he is quickly demotivated again if he is permanently overrun.

Now you can tear me like, I'm quite used to from the WvW, it dulls.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 6

1 hour ago, Markus.6492 said:

All achievements only include attack, so why should any team defend anything if nothing else is rewarded except attack.

To delay/frustrate the enemy from completing their achievements and meta and getting rewards...

What else do you play a pvp game mode for...

🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

To delay/frustrate the enemy from completing their achievements and meta and getting rewards...

🤷‍♂️

But doing that spites you/your own team just as much. Not really worth doing it until after you've completed your own weekly objectives. 🤷‍♂️

Even then, might still be spiting other teammates needing those achievements. I really would like to see a rotation with some varying achievements added. No idea how likely that is to happen at this point.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

But doing that spites you/your own team just as much. Not really worth doing it until after you've completed your own weekly objectives. 🤷‍♂️

Even then, might still be spiting other teammates needing those achievements. I really would like to see a rotation with some varying achievements added. No idea how likely that is to happen at this point.

and thus EotM was born...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

Sorry but I don't give two cents about teammates progress, as is the same for them not caring about mines. We all agree there should be more varied achievements to do, I've already listed like 15 other achievements they could add in another post. In the meantime I'm not waiting on anet, and I'm not going to play the game constantly worried about others achievements, cause there's always going to be someone somewhere sometime during the week working on progressing their account. Nor am I inclined to even help hand over easy flip flop captures to teammates, or enemies, who may not even be there with good intentions to play the game mode in the first place.

Defend your home borderland and sides, flip all the enemy stuff on their maps and side. Pretty simple thing to do. I'll deny the enemy of rewards and take their bags whenever I can, cause they're trying to do the same to me. You're free to do whatever you want.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

To each their own, obviously. I prefer to play WvW as more of a group game than completely solo roamer. In any case, from the first week it was a small group of the opposing team taking the (camps mostly) so running in solo didn't seem like a good idea. Haven't done much WvW this week to see if it stayed the same.

And I liked a lot of the suggestions on the other post (outside of the specific class hunting ones). I just don't see a rotation being implemented in any sort of timely manner. Which is disappointing, but somewhat to be expected I suppose.

38 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

To each their own, obviously. I prefer to play WvW as more of a group game

Then take your group and go flip enemy stuff on their maps, why worry about anyone else. I did weekly achievement sets on two accounts as a roamer last week. Take their stuff for achievement, defend your stuff for bags, why help the enemy with free stuff. 🤷‍♂️

The people that want their own stuff to fall cause they want easy back caps every 5mins, instead of going to the enemy map to do exactly what they're doing, is who I have no sympathy for and could care less to help.

I swear people get lost in their heads over wvw and make everything more difficult for themselves, and this over a measly 8gold..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I did weekly achievement sets on two accounts as a roamer last week.

I'm curious about how long that took to accomplish (hours-wise).

The people that want their own stuff to fall cause they want easy back caps every 5mins, instead of going to the enemy map to do exactly what they're doing, is who I have no sympathy for and could care less to help.

I don't think anyone wants their stuff to fall, so much as they don't care if it does. The incentive isn't really there right now to defend it. I also think that this behavior will wear off some as the new weekly achievements lose the newness.  

12 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

I swear people get lost in their heads over wvw and make everything more difficult for themselves, and this over a measly 8gold..

That I agree 100% with. After the first week I haven't bothered worrying about getting the achievements done, and it's been more enjoyable.

5 hours ago, Markus.6492 said:

Dear team of ArenaNet,

the patch itself didn't sound so bad, we were open-minded about the whole thing, but the weekly achievements, you honestly didn't do yourself any favors.

This. This right here. We just let our T3 Bay flip (well, we would have been seriously outnuimbered, so no point giving them bags) so we could flip it right back. Why defend? Let them take the towers/keeps so we can take them back. Ping pong.

Though, there's one T1 server in NA (you all know to which server I am referring) didn't get that memo, however. They will defend a T0 camp with their entire zerg v 2 players if need be....and call that a victory. kitten.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Fun fact:

WvW activity this week - kills + deaths ie player interactions, a statistic that completely ignore objectives and flipping - has almost reached 1.9 million. Kills will probably break 1 million before reset.

I believe the last time when no one was playing WvW back in december (cant remember if it was a beta week or after), we reached 1.6 million kills + deaths around this time.

9 minutes ago, enkidu.5937 said:

Thats right. So, how does Anet want to turn world restructuring into a success?

My main concern with Alliances is long term. Lets say we have a population to fill 9 even servers for 3 matches. Then lets say over time population drops and we can only fill 4-5 servers. Do they make 2 low population matches? Or shove everyone into 1? How do manage time zone activity if there is no were to go?

Probably going to be better then people spread across 10+ dead servers but it feels like maintenance mode rather then a improvement for WvW. The core issue isn't addressed, we need people in WvW to play WvW. If they aren't going to make it somewhat competitive, they might as well flood it with rewards so the PvE kids can just farm it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Zikory.6871 said:

My main concern with Alliances is long term. Lets say we have a population to fill 9 even servers for 3 matches. Then lets say over time population drops and we can only fill 4-5 servers. Do they make 2 low population matches? Or shove everyone into 1? How do manage time zone activity if there is no were to go?

The sad thing, they will create an EotM2.0, but without the advantage of EotM. Where the number of open maps is adjusted according to the number of players that are online.

So maybe they will just close 1-2 maps?

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, enkidu.5937 said:

The sad thing, they will create an EotM2.0, but without the advantage of EotM. Where the number of open maps is adjusted according to the number of players that are online.

It'll be worse as the population drops. Without transfers, for better or worse, accounts are locked into a "world" for whatever time frame anet ends up with. Look at Mag and FS, at least people can transfer out of the tier. Come alliances, people will just quit unless they really need that leg gear.

If they were to make maps open and close with the active population like EotM, then that's not even WvW anymore. Maybe gear EotM for more competitive players so its easier to find that type of content and just let WvW devolve into a reward based ktrain.

• Like 1

The bandaid solution to fixing something is giving more rewards and achievements.

Neither really improves the gameplay. And very simple people think it is an actual solution. WvW becoming increasingly unpopular? Oh yeah, more rewards!! 🤭🤭Like PvP demographic falls under same demographic as mindlessly doing same event with cavalier gear no mainhand weapon ranger over and over for gold.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Justine.6351 said:

and thus EotM was born...

and the bloodbath that was there, not wrong on that point. Admit when the guilds that organized the round and round came about and you joined a map that had one of their comms on your side made it easier to know what direction to go in to hunt down the other zerg. And the map has all the more choke points so it helped havocs out all the more to ambush zergs, especially since the comm on the other side would already be talking with their guildmates to indicate where they were going so were even less weary of the attack. Bags bags bags!

19 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

and the bloodbath that was there, not wrong on that point. Admit when the guilds that organized the round and round came about and you joined a map that had one of their comms on your side made it easier to know what direction to go in to hunt down the other zerg. And the map has all the more choke points so it helped havocs out all the more to ambush zergs, especially since the comm on the other side would already be talking with their guildmates to indicate where they were going so were even less weary of the attack. Bags bags bags!

This just makes me sad. Granted there were some fun times to be had though.

However I feel you touched on a very important point pertaining to guilds and guildmates: people like that either try to game the system most efficiently or feed their egos aggressively. And that's what concerns me the most about Alliances.

Placing the power into the hands of players is not a good thing due to simple human nature.

Yes I'm a server pride guy. Practically extinct. But I have a place I've called home since Beta. A home still standing despite all the drama of the guilds (some great, some not) that have passed through. A home filled with like-minded individuals who have been here for years. A home filled with fellow combatants who fight united by the same ideals. We're in different guilds, different countries, and speak different languages yet we're the same. And the day that dies will be a sad day indeed.

• Like 2

Fun fact: The "Capture AND HOLD" guild missions would actually be an incentive to defend stuff and tier it up, but guild missions have been abandoned content. Allowing a smaller number of people (= 1) to start at least the dolly, sentry and camp guild missions, leaving tower and keep missions for 3 (or perhaps a squad of the same Alliance?) but how often are those guild missions played outside big WvW guilds?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, enkidu.5937 said:

World restructure would allow Anet to set a more even team population target based on the total population and amount of tiers they want. They would be able to open and close amount of tiers dynamically every reshuffle. Not maps. And incidently closing a tier is what the community has been loudly crying about on the forum for years because of low populations on some worlds. The current monolithic worlds doesnt really allow for deletion and the link system would be just as unbalanced if not more so when some links become 3.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In short, ANet still doesn't listen to player's feedbacks and continue to do what they want. After 5~6 beta testing and still nothing changed. Population is still very imbalance and server jump is still the only way out. I am beginning to be convinced that beta test is just a delay tactic, all talks and nothing much is done or can be done in reality. And worse, now with all these assaults only achievements, WvW is slowly becoming a attack only no defense play. Eventually many more will leave this 'cornerstone' mode and soon it will be another EoTM. Lifeless and cold. 

Edited by Min Min.9368
  • Sad 1

On 2/8/2023 at 3:38 PM, Xenesis.6389 said:

🤷‍♂️

Welcome to my world where your desire to control the situation is in direct conflict with feeling bad for the other people playing because your success comes at their suffering.