removed

Deadmoose.6594

Very very few losses are decided in the first minute of the game. I understand that you accept the defeat in very extreme cases (I recently had a game on Foefire where we destroyed the enemy team with a score of 638 to 18), but many games can still turn around.

You have nothing to lose if you try to have a comeback, even if match making sucks.

Edited by Kodama.6453
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Very very few losses are decided in the first minute of the game. I understand that you accept the defeat in very extreme cases (I recently had a game on Foefire where we destroyed the enemy team with a score of 638 to 18), but many games can still turn around.

You have nothing to lose if you try to have a comeback, even if match making sucks.

Nah, once you've played a while, it is easy to know when a match will be a loss right after the first fight.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 4

Just now, Barabbas.8715 said:

Nah, once you've played a while, it is easy to know when a match will be a loss right after the first fight.

Or you just look at the names upon loading, and you can guess... at one point I had a roughtly 90% accuracy with those guesses, and stopping ranked at that point was the best decision I made last year. "Knowing" what's going to happen is just... well it certainly ruined the fun for me.
Also it was only possible because the population is super low, and matches are in a sense indeed predetermined. Sometimes you just can't put another high/mid plat duo vs. the only one thats in queue.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I'd empathize more if 90% of AFKers didn't white flag in the first 30 seconds of the game. 

I'll take "bad" teammates any day over someone who sits in spawn typing about how much better at the game they are.

I've had  games where our team adapts after a bad initial fight and we go on to win afterwards.

I've had games where 4 people decide to go to home at the start of the match and we still go on to win. 

All you do when you afk early is take a game that you were maybe 30% likely to win and turn it into a game that you are ~5% likely to win. (That 5% being when your team manages to get it together and win without you). Those 30% games that you give up on add up over time, and you end up being the biggest obstacle to your climb. Not your teammates. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Coward!

i had alot of games where someone decided to afk after the first fight, and we still won it 4v5.

i have no respect for people that throw the towel. 

You just have to carry people like the OP....  sooomehow i can manage to get 15 wins out of 16 games this season in SoloQ.... Soooomehow i manage to consistently have a winrate of ~80% EVERY SEASON FOR YEARS NOW....  And its because i dont give up! i stay vocal in the chat.. i motivate the others... i do smart calls.... even when its looking rough, i make a stupid joke in the chat and say: HERE WE GO AGAIN TEAM! lets do it!  I try to keep up my teams mental.

You can overcome the matchmaker... it is possible. You actually HAVE to win the games that the matchmaker wants you to loose, in order to effectively climb. But if you throw the towel after the first fight, because "buuhuuu matchmaker soo bad :CC"... you will never climb, and you will never escape the 50/50 winratio.

I myself had games where i had a complete brainfart in the first fight. I wiped... whole team wiped.... we tried again... we played better... and managed to secure the W in the end. First fight isnt a indicator at all. sometimes you fk up... you see a harbinger... thinking hes condi, but all of a sudden he burst you 8k powerdamage and you die.... okey... what went wrong? i made the wrong decision because i guessed the enemys build wrong. I have to adapt my approach against him... i try to have prot when going up against him..... i kill him... midfight won.... altho we got completly roflstomped at the first attempt.

But when someones mental breaks on the first death.... that is what will loose you the game inevitably.

STAY VOCAL! tell them that you got this, even when its looking rough!  Keeping up the mental of your team IS KEY to climbing in any videogame.

Atleast try and have some fun fights and good vibes, even when you think its lost.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Barabbas.8715 said:

i wonder why everyone saying this, is either stuck in gold, or has completly quit ranked pvp cuz they think matchmaker is the only factor deciding win or loss.🤔

Edited by Sahne.6950

9 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

i wonder why everyone saying this, is either stuck in gold, or has completly quit ranked pvp cuz they think matchmaker is the only factor deciding win or loss.🤔

Wrong again. I'm in Bronze, and I don't even want to move up the ranks, hahaha! What I said is still true tho.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Barabbas.8715 said:

Wrong again. I'm in Bronze, and I don't even want to move up the ranks, hahaha! What I said is still true tho.

Haha quite funny 😄 But there we have it kinda...  no offense btw. ❤️

Dont get me wrong... some games are lost... but youd be surprised how many games can swing back in your favor if you just keep on trying and actively keep your teams mental on track.

TRY IT! i promise, you will win more games.

Edited by Sahne.6950

8 hours ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

7 defeats vs 3 wins on my current game history. Ridiculous. Tonight 3 losses in a row already, all due to horrific matchmaking. Anet fix your s h i t! I'm tired of white flagging, and I'm not just going to keep running into combat just to die and waste the effort when it's a clear loss decided in the first minute of the game.

that it? I had kittenen 11 straight just yesterday just to get the daily win's pot done
-12, -12, -13, -14, -12, -13, -13, -13, -11, -12, -13

if the matchmaker is truly 50/50 chance i dont how the kitten I only got 1 game that is close to be perfectly balanced matchup, every other matches were like 4-7 minutes wait to be in a team that either a) see people on the team constantly getting shot down like flies or constantly feeding 1 v X, or b) only know how to brute and completely disregard point control.

at time sitting through long kitten wait only to be in a -6 to -10 matchups, I'd rather sit there wait longer for a properly balanced matchup than being in these kind of unenjoyable matchup, and thinking "kitten, another 20min wasted, kitten you Anet!"

2v2 and 3v3 seasons, what kind of broken system that does exact same matchups 3 4 times consecutively

I'm only tolerating this for grind for the legendaries, just two more seasons to go and I can leave this kitten disrespectful game mode for good.

Anet, if you want pvp to stop bleeding players and keep newcomers to stay in pvp, then forget balance, fix your kitten matchmaker across all spvp modes first!

Edited by crepuscular.9047
  • Like 1

WAIT WAIT WAIT... you never played ranked?  Unranked =/= Ranked

you are throwing the towel in unranked? holy moly this community is doomed. 💀

btw there is a distinct difference between:  "FOCUS THE NECRO." and "the necro is their only dps in mid and ohh god he HURTS"

people HATE being told anything. if you want people to do what you want, dont tell them what to do. Tell them what the situation at hand is... tell them whats happening.. tell them why the last fight was lost.  Make their brains figure it out themselves. They have to think its their own idea or they wont follow it. 😄

Using psychology to win more games....   yeah......  big brain time 🧠

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

WAIT WAIT WAIT... you never played ranked.... but you are talking about matchmaking!?

you are throwing the towel in unranked? holy moly this community is doomed. 💀

btw there is a distince difference between:  "FOCUS THE NECRO." and "the necro is their only dps in mid and ohh god he HURTS"

people HATE being told anything. if you want people to do what you want, dont tell them what to do. Tell them what the situation at hand is... tell them whats happening.. tell them why the last fight was lost.  Make their brains figure it out themselves. They have to think its their own idea or they wont follow it. 😄

Using psychology to win more games....   yeah......  Big brain time. 🧠

If you take the time to type "the necro is their only dps in mid and ohh god he HURTS" your kind teammates will likely accuse you of afk or botting (just saying)

I totally agree tho

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

80% of matches decided even before they starts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

I shouldn’t have to explain what to do when we’re clearly losing. People should listen to a known winning strat instead of just mindlessly wandering off on their own. Also, I play mesmer and in matches like that I’m usually too busy trying to carry to type much.

Then just blame your losses on matchmaking... but it doesnt help you improve whatsoever. 

Unranked matchmaking, btw.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Alabastrum.9361 said:

Sure, If you think it is a loss and play accordingly it is a self fulfilling prophecy.

This. And in a 5 player game your contribution is so important that anyone giving up by expecting a loss will both guarantee the loss as well as exe the morale of the rest of your team, causing them to no longer play to their best capacity as well.

But 3 losses in a row is perfectly normal. And more as well. I've had 7 or 8 losses in a row. Usually these happen when you ended up with a rank higher than your skill level. Just take the losses, every loss comes with a decrease of your rating and this will result in easier matches in the long run. Also, if you play at night, you get very random teams because there are just a few players queuing. In order to keep queue times acceptable, the game accepts more variety in team member skill ratings. So if you require more balanced teams, stick to peak hours of your megaserver.

• Like 2