Gyala Delves Feedback [Merged]

In my opinion, the quality of the content is just extremely low.

I always keep up with GW2 updates, but these last two just take me back to how Icebrood Saga got butchered, how the White Mantle potential got wasted, how Joko was killed off - all of these things (and more) had one element in common: ArenaNet repeatedly gives its developers far too limited deadlines and stories end up getting wrapped up not because it makes sense from a narrative point of view, but because management requires the wheels to keep turning.

But to receive Gyala Delve and the story around it after a year of content drought and then be told "next content is a mini expansion you got to pay for", well to be honest, after 10+ years of GW2 ups and downs, I think this is the closest I've gotten to a jump-off point.

"But the content is free, stop complaining" - to this I say, no, this is a poor statement to commonly throw in the defense of ArenaNet here. ArenaNet has a cash shop in the game which generates sufficient revenue to allow for continued development. There is no justification for such a poor level of care for the game, it is pure miss-management.

(I wager this post will probably get deleted, but still, I felt like writing my thoughts and concerns about the direction of a game I did mostly enjoy playing for a decade.)

Edited by Raap.9065
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/31/2023 at 12:29 AM, Tuna Bandit.3786 said:

Kind now want to try it now to record it to show what happens on my end

On 5/31/2023 at 11:15 AM, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

I've been dismounted twice by flying over an ambush, and both times I couldn't glide or mount up again.

So did you guys check again? Share the details so we can try solving it, possibly even post it in the bug section. Because I checked yet again on different character in 3 different spots and ambushers' dismount definitely doesn't lock you out of gliding or remounting, it has to be something else.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

So did you guys check again? Share the details so we can try solving it, possibly even post it in the bug section.

I'm done with the area, so I won't be checking. It's not one I'm keen on going back to. I'm pretty sure that what I posted before really did happen. I fell down with the same weird "stunned falling" animation you get also get when you're thrown off an edge with a knockback.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

I'm done with the area, so I won't be checking. It's not one I'm keen on going back to. I'm pretty sure that what I posted before really did happen. I fell down with the same weird "stunned falling" animation you get also get when you're thrown off an edge with a knockback.

It could happen if you got stunned on the way. But they don't just stun you on dismount or anywhere close to it, so if anything, it would probably be entirely different mobs responsible for that. Ambushers' dismount does not stun or prevent people from gliding/remounting, so if you're not willing to check again (which, to be clear, is ok) then lets not spread misinformation 😉

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Genuinely its been a while now since we gotten the second part of gyala and im still flabbergasted that anet put out such an event after 3+ months.  Its honestly shocking how lazy and copy pasted this event feels and its truly worse than what you find in the ow of other mmos.

By comparison drms and dragonstorm are much more involved and high quality pieces of content and seemingly both happened while the team was working on the next expansion. This is such a weird state of things like im not even that mad at the quantity of the content but the quality is abysmal.

Seriously whats going on here?

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

These are 2 nitpicks of varying levels of annoyance that i have with this release. First i think that having the jp be visible takes away from the exploration aspect that jps are known for, the sense of discovery isnt there at all and that takes away from the experience.

And second, the new armor set isnt a traditional armor set, its just one size shared across all three weights, this has been the case with some gemstore sets and individual pieces for a while now but i thought the standard when it came to armor is to have a diff visual based on weight. This feel like a low effort alternative and im curious if this is the norm we will see with annual expansions going forward.

• Confused 2

Should be possible to just do the next chapter. Skipping that one. Though if you really want full "completion" you might want to do it. I would have preferred if they had an option to make this one faster.  Skipping to the last entry. Since there is no real gameplay and only dialogue and you need to wait until you can trigger the next entry.