[Bug] Storm Tracking -- Cannot make jumps at floaty end part with the space background [Merged]

1 minute ago, Linken.6345 said:

Ofcourse it is still happening do you think they fixed it since the last post 49 mins ago?

Wow, ok sorry. I read the first two pages and replied to the original post. I just wanted to add my report to the thread thinking it might be helpful.  

On 3/11/2023 at 8:27 AM, Dayra.7405 said:

You are aware, that you can simply (as it is the last part) skip it (by activating All or Nothing in the journal and return to it later to it (be resuming A Star to Guide Us) when it's fixed, aren't you?

After having everything else done for skyscale and this is the only thing blocking you from moving forward is very frustrating and not being able to progress into it for over a week is terrible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Higgs.4195 said:

Wow, ok sorry. I read the first two pages and replied to the original post. I just wanted to add my report to the thread thinking it might be helpful.  

No need to be sorry man, just kinda tierd of seeing people keep posting the same thing over and over.

Would sure be nice if a red post came in here and said we heard you got it reproduced on our end and are working on a fix.

3 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

No need to be sorry man, just kinda tierd of seeing people keep posting the same thing over and over.

Would sure be nice if a red post came in here and said we heard you got it reproduced on our end and are working on a fix.

People keep posting the same things because ArenaNet literally never says anything. NEVER. There are so many bugs in this game, the least they can do is have someone manage these forums and say they know the bug is occuring and it will be fixed at XX date, or it's being looked at.

2 hours ago, KevinEvo.7061 said:

People keep posting the same things because ArenaNet literally never says anything. NEVER. There are so many bugs in this game, the least they can do is have someone manage these forums and say they know the bug is occuring and it will be fixed at XX date, or it's being looked at.

Dev comment in this thread: "We're currently investigating a fix for this bug. We do not know yet how close we are to solving it so we don't have an estimate of when it may get released."

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/128351-bug-storm-tracking-cannot-make-jumps-at-floaty-end-part-with-the-space-background-merged/page/5/#comment-1866069

Edited by Jukhy.2431
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jukhy.2431 said:

Dev comment in this thread: "We're currently investigating a fix for this bug. We do not know yet how close we are to solving it so we don't have an estimate of when it may get released."

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/128351-bug-storm-tracking-cannot-make-jumps-at-floaty-end-part-with-the-space-background-merged/page/5/#comment-1866069

It's a progression blocking bug that's been around for at least two weeks. The text equivalent of a shoulder shrug isn't exactly what people are looking for. Negative bonus points for only deigning to even acknowledge it a week later.

• Like 5

At this point since it is a game-stopping progression issue. Arenanet should put a hotfix to let people just finish this once they reach the midpoint just let it port you out if possible. Until they resolve the whole issue.

Edited by Wardogg.2619
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Jukhy.2431 said:

Ty for that link I missed that Anet reply.

• Like 1

Ok I fixed it. so what I did was 1) Go to path of fire and start any mission. Just hit start this chapter. 2) Wait a few seconds 3) Then go to LW Season 4, and click on "Continue Story". DO NOT go to war eternal and click start this chapter. Just on Living World Season 4 click continue story

Someone posted that as a solution for Episode 6, when Aurene doesn't show up when you're chasing Kralky through the mists. Was wondering if it could work for this situation. Im at work now so i can't test it out 😒

2 hours ago, Regius.1472 said:

Ok I fixed it. so what I did was 1) Go to path of fire and start any mission. Just hit start this chapter. 2) Wait a few seconds 3) Then go to LW Season 4, and click on "Continue Story". DO NOT go to war eternal and click start this chapter. Just on Living World Season 4 click continue story

Someone posted that as a solution for Episode 6, when Aurene doesn't show up when you're chasing Kralky through the mists. Was wondering if it could work for this situation. Im at work now so i can't test it out 😒

just tested it doesnt seem to work

• Sad 1

• ArenaNet Staff

Hi all, I talked with one of our engineers this morning and want to confirm that we are still working on this issue. I can also shed a little light on why a fix is not live yet. This fix involves a lot of code dictating how your character moves, how your mount moves, how external forces such as the low-gravity/floaty effect in Storm Tracking affect your character and mount, and how all of those things work together without hurling you into space or into the center of the planet. 

All of this means that we are being careful not to rush it through and risk creating more issues. We have a solution and are working on implementing and testing it--I will keep an eye on the process and try to update as it progresses. 

I know this is a progress-stopping issue for a lot of you, thank you for being patient while we work on it--and thanks to those of you providing assistance to other players!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 17
  • Sad 2