Reward "Active Participation" my keister!

Metaljaw.6437

Running with a zerg, killing guards and players, building siege engines, manning siege engines, taking down wall/gates, and hopping on the lord as soon as possible.  Happy BRONZE participation.

What the heck man. What does it take to get a gold capture participation? My understanding this wasn't supposed to be a DPS check, but a measure of how active you were.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

From pretty extensive testing (9k+ pips since the initial patch drop) , capturing is far less lenient than defending.

For captures you likely need about 10 kills of players and guards for gold tier, if you do not stand in the ring (dumb idea by Arenanet) you lose out on capping tier. Meanwhile if you only stand in the ring you get bronze.

Before the patch on Feb 28 I definitely had gold tier cap before.

I recorded the following in detail:

• 1 keep cap with gold participation gives 1 grandmaster mark shard.
  • T0 keep cap with gold participation gives 1 shard (EBG)
  • T0 SMC silver cap has 1 shard --- post Feb 28 patch
  • T3 Keep cap has 1 shard for bronze tier participation ---- post Feb 28 patch

A grandmaster shard drop means you get heavy supply bags, bag(s) of gear, and a skirmish ticket

Edit: To be clear, it would be nice to have official correspondence on what counts. On the other hand at worst you lose a grandmaster mark shard and possibly a skirmish ticket.

Edited by Infusion.7149

5 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Anet still doesnt consider spending 30 minutes trying to keep enemies away from objectives and possibly dying a couple of times as any participation in WvW whatsoever and you complain about bronze from a cap, lol.

I was thinking the other day that I've never seen an Anet tag roaming. I see them occasionally following a commander as one zergling out of 30-50, but not even once in a group smaller than 10, let alone solo-roaming or solo-defending something.

This probably explains why the profession balance and rewards are so awful outside of zerg fights.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Edit: To be clear, it would be nice to have official correspondence on what counts. On the other hand at worst you lose a grandmaster mark shard and possibly a skirmish ticket.

It would really help to be more open about the new metrics and algorithms. Right now it seems, that big group attacks / defences are favoured over clever small team (or single player) attacks. Clear communication would at least end subjective speculation about the scaling.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, coro.3176 said:

I was thinking the other day that I've never seen an Anet tag roaming. I see them occasionally following a commander as one zergling out of 30-50, but not even once in a group smaller than 10, let alone solo-roaming or solo-defending something.

This probably explains why the profession balance and rewards are so awful outside of zerg fights.

1 hour ago, Draygo.9473 said:

Or maybe using the anet tag makes them a target so they don't run with it up all the time. 

Always wondered if the "conquer the creator" achievement could be done without the anet tag on, since it just says employee so would be account type not guild repping, if it can I'm sure someone must have finished a dev or two in roaming in 10 years to get it.... right?

So, has anyone surprised got it from roaming?

🤔

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, T G.7496 said:

I didn't even know there was such a thing as bronze, silver and gold rewards.

Who the kitten plays this mode for the rewards, smh.

PvE'ers who hate PvP and Raids so their best least worst option is getting WvW legendaries. Also raiders who are missing Conflux. And people who like WvW but are also reward-driven.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/3/2023 at 10:37 AM, T G.7496 said:

I didn't even know there was such a thing as bronze, silver and gold rewards.

Who the kitten plays this mode for the rewards, smh.

people rather have fun and get rewards , than going braindead on dragonfall and silverwastes for 10 hours a day while losing brain cells , so yes we play for fun and rewards which is the best combination you can have in a video game.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2023 at 11:58 PM, Metaljaw.6437 said:

Running with a zerg, killing guards and players, building siege engines, manning siege engines, taking down wall/gates, and hopping on the lord as soon as possible.  Happy BRONZE participation.

What the heck man. What does it take to get a gold capture participation? My understanding this wasn't supposed to be a DPS check, but a measure of how active you were.

The issue as I see it is that when it comes to killing players, which is what drives the participation count unless they're virtually inside the objective it adds nothing. Defense events have the same issue just in the other direction. Whereas if the defender goes out to drive away the attacker if they're more than ten meters away from the objective killing enemies does nothing.

To solve this issue area where a player gets participation for killing enemies around an objective needs to be increased massively.

15 minutes ago, Denver.4621 said:

fun and rewards

Never take everything for granted. The fun and rewards I could get them for myself personally and still not know what a bronze silver and gold reward is. Why? I enjoy killing you. And my reward is your bag. WWW is a big container and inside you find really a lot of different players and everyone has fun as they see fit.

Edited by Mabi black.1824

On 3/1/2023 at 3:04 PM, Gehenna.3625 said:

I think that the rewards are based on what target you attack and how much resistance there is. I get the feeling that in some scenarios nobody gets a gold reward and silver or bronze is the maximum possible.

This.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2023 at 5:04 PM, Gehenna.3625 said:

I think that the rewards are based on what target you attack and how much resistance there is. I get the feeling that in some scenarios nobody gets a gold reward and silver or bronze is the maximum possible.

If that's the case then this is a nerf to XP in WvW. Capturing a tower used to be like 440xp base (I think). Now it looks like bronze is 220xp, silver 330xp, and gold 440xp.  With the 100% experience booster running, even including the extra xp potion you sometimes get for a tower capture, I'm getting less xp than I was before if I'm stuck with silver and bronze xp rewards.

Seems they killed the heavy supply bags from the rewards too, bummer, getting t5/6 materials was actually a good part of the rewards, but I guess they don't want to "screw up" their material prices.

Edit: ok nm they changed it to heavy loot bags(thought I was getting those for player drops), I guess as I had suggested before so we get full range of t mats drops.

Edited by Xenesis.6389