15v50

Sparetent.9756

Every week, it's the same boring nonsense in WvW.

No tags, when there finally is a tag, the poor guy gets berated from scrubs on the map that think they know everything, but don't have the nuts to tag up themselves. It generally makes for a very unpleasant and frustrating experience.

Even IF you manage to get into a tag and aren't doing too badly, it's usually 15-20 people versus groups of at least 49-50 enemies. Again, making for a frustrating and boring WvW experience.

I spend my time literally afking, typing here instead of enjoying the game, because we're being spawn-killed by [Hunt].

• Thanks 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Twilightzone.7452 said:

cant tell if its a copy and pasta at this point but other maps and those maps have more than one exit so you just choosing to be spawn killed.

Anyways spring seems to be coming around so can go be sad with everyone else that the snow is going away

Have you ever fought against [Hunt] or even worse against them during off-peak hours?

And if this is copy pasta perhaps that's indicative of a population imbalance in EU that Anet have no interest in addressing until mythical "Alliances" are released.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Sorry not familiar with EU and HUNT really. TBH took a 50/50 chance this was another thing complaining about MAG (NA).

Any who still multiple maps and exits. So that point still stands.

Anet has not cared about population balance for years and Alliance not going to fix it as much people think its some magical unicorn fix

Edited by Twilightzone.7452
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Sparetent.9756 said:

I spend my time literally afking, typing here instead of enjoying the game, because we're being spawn-killed by [Hunt].

I don't know them, but I roam and havoc quite a bit and enjoy leading larger groups off target. So what do they do and what do you do? More than likely a matchup thread but if you want feedback, please share. 

2 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

I don't know them, but I roam and havoc quite a bit and enjoy leading larger groups off target. So what do they do and what do you do? More than likely a matchup thread but if you want feedback, please share. 

Oh its just wsr+vabbi. Its the EU eqvivalent of maguuma. You know the type, max stacked with all the meta pros and 50 man fight zergs that will happily jump on 5 mans while their 10 man roaming groups build 10 ballistas to farm nc.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

If you get sniped but hunt that means you're fow/bt or js/gandara.  It also means that u play ebg since hunt is mostly ebg like the rest of us , or alpine duels spot on some border. 

My dude, ebg has perma qué, who in their right mind would tag ebg .

Cuase they would have to wait 30 mins for map and all they would get is a fistfull of garbage rangers/mechanists etc , all the garbage.

Also , there are tags on these matchups just go to servers perspective discords OR some other border since noone bothers with ebg, isee tags forms all these sides btw, Dara/js has public tags fow much less often but both have tags during prime time.

Also also whoever goes ebg wsr, goes with the sole purpose to gank/cloud , I specifically join with my vabbi alt just to gunflane people 10 Vs 1 , so I dunno what you expect .

And wsr population has more overall numbers than the other side so no point complaining . 

And if it happens u are gandara, the hbl bay gankfest and 50 Vs 10 is absolutely justified, cause this server gets a taste of their own gameplay.

Edited by MysteryDude.1572
  • Like 2
  • Confused 6

15 hours ago, Sparetent.9756 said:

No tags, when there finally is a tag, the poor guy gets berated from scrubs on the map that think they know everything, but don't have the nuts to tag up themselves. It generally makes for a very unpleasant and frustrating experience.

I solved the same problem by putting the tag myself. When I see that the content is fatigued in my game, I try to put it myself. Unpretentious, I do what everyone else does in WWW, I try to have fun with other players. Server companions and server enemies alike. My luck (bad luck) is that I understand 1 word out of 10 of English on my server that speaks exclusively in English. Who knows how much criticism and how much drama I missed in reference to my tag.🤭

The great part is that it literally slips off everything. you can write me any crap you want, especially when the game runs fast (always) that so I do not understand. When I don't have the tag then you have some hope of communicating better with me because I have more time and I go from dictionary to gogo.🤭

Edited by Mabi black.1824

16 hours ago, Sparetent.9756 said:

Even IF you manage to get into a tag and aren't doing too badly, it's usually 15-20 people versus groups of at least 49-50 enemies. Again, making for a frustrating and boring WvW experience.

Literally you just have to change your goals. 20 players together can do a lot of things in WVW. Despite many players complaining here on the forum that WWW is not balanced, in truth it is just the opposite. In fact, 20 players will not be able to beat 50, as it should be. But you can still do a lot, for yourself, for your party, and even for your server when you've put together 20 players. It's just a matter of setting the right goals.

JHON Rambo 1vs 50 mode and winning unfortunately or fortunately is not allowed in WVW. even though on my server we have a gamer with that name.🤭 (Come to think of it, his name is John Rambo Balboa. lol. too nice.)

Basically your motto in WWW should be: ''Smile when it rains because bad the sun will come'' the numbers should change constantly in WWW 15vs50 will become the best thing after with 50vs50 and then become complicated for your enemy when it is 50vs15 and so on.

If instead you are constantly in the condition that you describe 15vs50 then you have come across the real and only problem of this game mode. 90% caused by the same players who transfer and pile to win easy. They fill on one side and empty on the other. And even more responsible for this is Anet, which continues to allow this behavior at the expense of many honest players.

• Like 1

Yep, the gamemodes not well balanced towards people actually wanting to lead and organise something.

Thats the issue when they lack larger picture and only open ears to balance cries. People loved playing and leading when there were falling damage bugs, venom wells and permastealth thieves in the game. So obviously it isn't a balance, but infrastructural issue.

They need to simply ask "why, where, when, how, who" and they will arrive to better solutions than slapping bandaids on everything.

• Like 1

Maybe they could implement a speed decrement of 1% for every player within swinging distance of a player to reflect that 50 people standing in the same place will interfere with one another's ability to move freely.  Then the 15 would have a chance to outrun the 50.  Although the 50 probably includes enough hypermobile class players that they would get you anyway.  Still, almost any proposal that reduces the efficiency of stacking would get my support.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, blp.3489 said:

Maybe they could implement a speed decrement of 1% for every player within swinging distance of a player to reflect that 50 people standing in the same place will interfere with one another's ability to move freely.  Then the 15 would have a chance to outrun the 50.  Although the 50 probably includes enough hypermobile class players that they would get you anyway.  Still, almost any proposal that reduces the efficiency of stacking would get my support.

There's stacking on field and there's stacking a server - both need a bloody solution. I feel the same way.

On 3/6/2023 at 12:11 AM, Sparetent.9756 said:

WvW has become pretty rubbish in the last few months, or more likely, just gotten tired of the game mode.

But as someone said, there's multiple exits from spawn, and multiple maps. If repeating the same action yields same result, change the action.

It's like hearing "there's 10 people camping nc" - easy - stop going then. By repeating said action you're providing them content. Within 5-10 mins of no-one bothering, guess what... they get bored and jog on. If they don't, those 10 players are achieving nothing and failing in their intent; to annoy people. 

Of course, this is not ignoring that some like a challenge - outnumbered or not, and will try regardless (leaving spawn into campers, or going into NC to try and "win") 🙂 As long as they're enjoying it, who cares!

2 hours ago, Chips.7968 said:

WvW has become pretty rubbish in the last few months, or more likely, just gotten tired of the game mode.

I do not agree with that. In recent months it is the same WWW as always. There will always be someone coming to get your stuff and you will keep going to get other people's stuff. It is true that some players walk away from the game while others arrive or resume and so on.

If we want to start a discussion on the merits of this, then we should say that the '' problem '' is that WWW is always WvW. What we often see here on the forum is that players ask to add something new here and there. to keep things always fresh and not always take everything for granted.

I think it could be many different and simple things to organize for Anet. It could be a kind of calendar organised throughout the year. You will know when a week without down state is coming, a week with WP always active from T0 to T3 without distinction, a week with EB SM without doors, a week without the team function and tags, etc etc. small things you can invent so many. The month of Christmas you could invent an official tournament for guilds. 

That accumulates more kills at Christmas time, rather than those who keep EB SM for longer, just to deliver a special Christmas gift to the busiest guilds, in short, anything. You can really come up with a ton of things to break the monotony in this mode, just to constantly stimulate your players. A sort of anet WWW calendar with all the strange events you want. All simple things to implement for Anet. And that do not upset the logic of the way WWW is played.

Honestly we should also have a dozen different maps to rotate in this sort of calendar so as to know when you will play on that map rather than on the other etc etc.

Balance, competition and alliances aside. Indeed I would like to know if the average WWW player would like the work of development in alliances rather than in many small things that can stimulate the player, and make this mode less obvious.

The point is always the same. To do things you must first want them.✌️

p.s I only took 10 seconds to write the first 5 stupid events that came to mind.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Chips.7968 said:

It's like hearing "there's 10 people camping nc" - easy - stop going then. By repeating said action you're providing them content. Within 5-10 mins of no-one bothering, guess what... they get bored and jog on. If they don't, those 10 players are achieving nothing and failing in their intent; to annoy people. 

If they are really serious, yeah try going elsewhere lol.

Go out the left to take back sunny - 50 man comes running through garri and hold entire left side.

Go out right to take back crag instead - the same 50 man runs through garri again and hold entire right side.

Head to DBL - 10 enemies loitering at spawncamp, 3 standing on the sentry, go to south camp and 5 arrive within 30 seconds. 

And of course if you stay and do take out those at nc, cap it and pat yourself on the back for a job well done... they are back within 2 minutes camping it to cap on cd lol.

Even if you go elsewhere you, you know people will go there and feed. Hell I've seen people head out and instantly die despite there being 5 minutes of chat saying dont go there now its pointless unless we can organize it.

But hey theres always next week, thats WvW 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Different servers, maybe different regions. The "holding nc to annoy" isn't when they hold everything on the server. Usually it's the *only* thing they cap on the server and try to hold because it's only 1-2 players who will go try flip back to be met by balistas and a gank squad trying to rile people up. Wait 5 mins, they're gone. 

[quote]I do not agree with that. In recent months it is the same WWW as always. [/quote]

WvW may be the same as always, the player distribution, playing style, builds, and more - are not.

Edited by Chips.7968

On 3/6/2023 at 2:03 AM, Dawdler.8521 said:

Oh its just wsr+vabbi. Its the EU eqvivalent of maguuma. You know the type, max stacked with all the meta pros and 50 man fight zergs that will happily jump on 5 mans while their 10 man roaming groups build 10 ballistas to farm nc.

Does EU have zombies that go out one entrance that feed too?

maguuma is childs play against current wsr+vabbi qualitywise. but it's a bit different numberwise.... and believe me, your smallest issue is Hunt. they got a few decent players, the other 40 of the guilds roster are randoms, and they cannot fight largescale by any means.

hunt alone also never has enough to spawncamp anyone, unlike maguuma - it's a completely different setting

also unlike maguuma, the current wsr+vabbi link wasn't stacked on full purpose, just the EU opportunistic gank guilds like AR, Hunt, Zega and all these kinds or pug-ganker "gamers" transfered after some guilds moved to WSR

nobody asked for that but there's nothing that can be done to solve this, so yeah.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

i have played WvsW pretty much daily  for the past few months. I noticed a few things right off the bat. !st off is the Queue System  i  see  the map has a 20 person waiting list an when you finally  get on map you have 15 to 20  players on you color an  your fighting 50 to 60 i pretty sure the game has a max for map  but not a way to evenly divide up the players to make fights interesting Am i the only one who sees this?

• Like 1

On 3/5/2023 at 4:11 PM, Sparetent.9756 said:

Every week, it's the same boring nonsense in WvW.

Sorry to say, but even great big groups need to keep their "participation" up.  And the only way to do that, is to smite, especially if they've taken the map, and can't move to another map.  So 50 guys will literally smite 1 guy just to keep participation up.  Believe me.  I've seen it.  I seen entire zergs run down roamer groups of 5, for five to fifteen minutes, and afterwards just spawn camp that small group.  It's just gonna happen, no matter what.