Mesmer nerf?

Godravage.4692

What the hell did they do to Mesmer.  I took a few months off from playing the game only to come back to my main character, which I have played for 10 years, completely unplayable. Not only have they reverted the Mantras to a cast time again, but the effects seem to be halfed as well. I hardly heal any of my health back. Furthermore, it seems my hit points are gone. I couldn't tell you if that is true or not...doubtful in fact, BUT it seems i am hit maybe three or four times by trash mobs and i am dead. This was a toon I could solo champions with. She is so unplayable, i had to log her off. I actually don't even feel like playing and am switching to my other game for the time being. This is beyond disappointing. Can anyone explain to me what happened and can the devs repair this asap?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 5

9 hours ago, Godravage.4692 said:

but the effects seem to be halfed

If you mean the heal when you use a Mantra trait... that is now only when you charge a mantra now, which will never happen during combat due to the insanely long cast time.

You would think that the return would be glorious for an over 2 second charge cast, but it is one of the most underwhelming things in the game. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Levetty.1279 said:

Mirage and Mantras? What is the opposite of thanking somebody?

Trying it and being helpful?
Hizen is not correct on the timings of the heals as he's not taking into account the cool down between the charges and the cast time along with the 8s CD but he is right about it being one of the best PvE heals where casting it is not an issue so you get over 7k every 11-12s. Nothing else really comes close for solo mirage builds.
Unless you want to provide alternatives?

• Thanks 2

Thank you so much guys. Lord Hizen is always amazing and it did reteach me how to use the mantra. With that being said, I think yesterday was not a nerf or a build issue but some sort of weird glitch. I was being killed with three shots or less and the heals were not working at all so I thought this was a serious issue. I logged on today and things are normal again so....idk. It was all really weird. Never had that happen in the 10 years I have been playing this game so I panicked. I sure wish I knew what happened yesterday, but I guess all's well that ends well so I am moving on from it. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2023 at 2:33 PM, apharma.3741 said:

Trying it and being helpful?
Hizen is not correct on the timings of the heals as he's not taking into account the cool down between the charges and the cast time along with the 8s CD but he is right about it being one of the best PvE heals where casting it is not an issue so you get over 7k every 11-12s. Nothing else really comes close for solo mirage builds.
Unless you want to provide alternatives?

I don't play PvE, only WvW, I log on for nothing else. Save me the 20 minutes and tell me if this is useful for WvW roaming or strictly PvE? 

4 hours ago, msalakka.4653 said:

I don't play PvE, only WvW, I log on for nothing else. Save me the 20 minutes and tell me if this is useful for WvW roaming or strictly PvE? 

Yeah sorry its not rly what most people would consider strong in wvw for roaming. It has a niche zerg role and you can roam with it. I would just say other classes get allot more kit and build options compared to Mesmer.

Mirage really needs to have a consistent number of dodges. At present, Mirage is stuck with one dodge in wvw which greatly limits its play potential. It also makes switching between pve and wvw suck on it tho that sounds like you prob only care about wvw. I would do another class personally. Willbender is super strong roaming rn. I still see allot of ranger, rev, engi, necro, thief specs roaming around too and I would say they are all stronger in equally competent hands.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 3/20/2023 at 11:50 AM, msalakka.4653 said:

WvW use signet or ether feast. Heal mantra might be worth it in support build if traited.

On 3/9/2023 at 11:39 PM, Godravage.4692 said:

Can anyone explain to me what happened and can the devs repair this asap?

Mirage S/S solo OW build very strong now with good dps - 15k

I kill easy champs and havn't see any problem;) stronger only cele vindicator) and power bladesworn

• Confused 1

On 4/1/2023 at 5:10 PM, Leonidrex.5649 said:

15k strong dps? there are classe with 40k+ xd

Its not meant to be instanced content dps, its meant to be god mode tanky with enough dps to kill bounties and OW stuff within time limits without dying. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/2/2023 at 10:10 AM, Leonidrex.5649 said:

15k strong dps? there are classe with 40k+ xd

He is right, 40k is impossible without full raid buffs, healing, enough enemy health and a complete rotation. You are unlikely to anything close except for burst elites or something that has no build up.

There are very few exceptions in the open world, Vindicator and Mechanist for instance.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3