Lack of endgame content, update

6 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

What? Decorating is not a big aspect of end game content and never has been. 

it is a big aspect that nobody uses, so much potential , but no love. and can keep you going for years.

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Kelly.7019 said:

it is a big aspect that nobody uses, so much potential , but no love. and can keep you going for years.

Decorating is only relevant for the minority of people who have decorator permissions in guilds. I doubt most players do because in my experience most guilds only want to give it to a few people, often 1-2 officers who are willing to put the time in and trusted with the resources to decorate the guild's hall.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Yeah.

Absolutely.

The game is totally not known as Fashion Wars 2.

For sure.

Maybe I misunderstood but I thought Kelly meant decorating the guild hall. That is not a big aspect or endgame content. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Kelly.7019 said:

no its not, because it requires:

1) a Guild Hall

2) High Ranking in said Guild to get permission to build, which most people dont get access to

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 5/18/2023 at 9:35 AM, Kelly.7019 said:

months... i wish that was weeks.

yea they are basically f'ed. they really need to make a sub gw3 mmo. something along the lines of eso. play for free but sub and get better access to things. but dont be like wow and subs and still have a gemstore/micro transaction for things you should have gotten/use tro get for free in the sub.

More money will not fix the way the game is handled. It simply lacks of good leadership.

Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3

On 5/18/2023 at 9:50 AM, Danikat.8537 said:

Decorating is only relevant for the minority of people who have decorator permissions in guilds. I doubt most players do because in my experience most guilds only want to give it to a few people, often 1-2 officers who are willing to put the time in and trusted with the resources to decorate the guild's hall.

exactly. decorating had so much potential but when they rolled it out we all saw how broken it was. why did they bother?

kinda like guild alliances - only they realize there's something majorly wrong with it and haven't rolled it out yet. (for years btw) will they ever though? maybe it will happen when it happens.

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Confused 1

On 3/28/2023 at 4:28 AM, Danikat.8537 said:

You also have to bear in mind that changing the business model wouldn't change the fact that it's not possible for developers to make content faster than players can complete it because that's true for everyone (not even just MMOs). Instead those subscription games rely on requiring players to repeat content over and over, hopefully (from their perspective) until the next thing comes out, so they keep paying for access to it. You don't get more to do, you just spend more time doing it.

Even Elder Scrolls Online which had to drop the mandatory subscription model years ago because not enough people were willing to pay for it is currently working on an 'endless dungeon' as a way to keep players busy in between updates. Thankfully they also dropped the gear and level treadmill a few years ago because they found it was just burning players out, so it probably won't be required. But still, that's their solution to being unable to make stuff as fast as players complete it.

ESO has an actual functioning end game, and that game has a lot more repeatable content (with decent reward for time investment) than Guild Wars 2.  The content also feels more diversified.

Not only have they released multiple expansions, but also tons of DLC that are definitely bigger than GW2 content patches. Dungeons there are far better than fractals, and there is better itemization and the Champion Points system  

And it also has a full player housing system, for people into that. 

Honestly, there is no comparison between these two games when it comes to content availability and the depth of the end game - and even the replay ability of content (factorable if you level up any alts).

GW2 feels more like an Action RPG (Diablo 3) than most traditional MMOs, to me. It’s not something I can sit down and play for 5 hours. ESO is. GW2 is probably a better experience for a solo player, though.

Also, I think we underrate the amount of people who subscribe to ESO. The craft bag alone basically forces you to. The buy to play is a nice way to get people addicted, though most will subscribe just for the better inventory management. Lol

the subscription gives crowns, so it basically pays for itself - allowing you to buy the DLC and shut it off for a few months if necessary. 

I also like that things like Pack Merchant upgrades are sold for Gold, and you can effectively farm Gold without reading some metaphase guide - faster and easier than GW2. You can swap Gold for gems in GW2, but that won’t be super viable for most new players and it takes too long to farm the Gold, anyways. Better off just pulling out the CC and giving them a hundred bucks, Lol. 

I do feel like I log in, run the meta event and log off. There doesn’t seem to be much purposeful stuff to do. There are strikes and raids, but that stuff is less fun than in other games and, frankly, I am less keen to deal with the massive amount of visual clutter this game throws at you. It almost seems to get worse and worse as time goes by - to the point that I find myself losing track of my mouse cursor when playing in those types of events. ESO is third person with crosshair, so my brain is completely free from tracking this. 

I can’t think of another game where I’ve run into this issue. There is just too much going on a lot of the time in this game. 

Edited by Tren.5120
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4