What are your predictions for next balance patch?

Gibson.4036

Jokes aside; right now I only play Engineer and Guardian in PvE. 

[Global]

Stealth mechanic

Stealth should be only a defensive option, no a offensive one.

- Stealth (Status): You're Stealthed. You can't deal critic damage when stealthed. Damage reduced by 33% while stealthed. 

- Revealed (Status): You cannot stealth. You can't deal critic damage when revealed.

TP mechanic

-Teleported (New Status): You have teleported, you can't deal critical damage (1 sec)

[Guardian]

Firebrand
- Give mantras its no rechargable mechanic back (only for PvE). If the problem is WvW stab spam, keep that on WvW then. 

- Tomes passive mechanic: In Fractals, sometimes Mistlock Singularity is not recharging the tomes passive effects. 

- F1 Tome cd reduction (PvP & PvE only) F3 cd reduction (PvE)

Dragon Hunter

It needs a dps bust in PvE; i'd love to have big buffs on longbow

-Increased longbow basics damage and launching speed increased. All.

-True shot damage buffed (PvE)

-Symbol of energy cd reduction (12 to 8 ) (All)

- Big Game Hunter Trait: Old Effects + 10% damage when using a Longbow. PvE

[Engineer]

Core

We need back condition core engi as a viable thing.

-Incendary ammo (flamethrower): Now stunbreaks in adittion.  (All)

- Global Strike > Napalm missile (Mortar Kit, no traited one):  Call a missile from the air that burn nearby foes.  (3 Secs burning per pulse, 8 pulses, 8 secs duration, 240 radius) 

- Med Pack Drop (Supply crate): CD reduction 50 to 40 Secs. Now each med pack gives 1 sec of superspeed 

-Concussion Bomb (bomb kit): Cd reduction 16 > 12 (PvE)

- Grenades: Power coefficent reduced (PvP/WvW). Except basic power damage and Grenade Barrage.

-Grenadier Trait: Now it grants grenades conditions buffs: Shrapnel Grenade -> Incendary Grenade: Now applies 4 secs of burning in addition. Flash Grenade > Confusion Grenade: Now applies 4 secs of confusion in addition. Poison Grenade > Necro grenade: Now applies 5 secs of torments in addition.  (All)

-Streamlined kits trait > Drop Gunk (Mortar Kit): Instead of random conditions; now applies bleeding (5 secs), Poison (5 Secs) and Confusion (5 Secs) per pulse. (PvE)

- Chemical Round trait: You gain 120 damage condition per pistol (so, 240 if both) (PvE)

- Incendary Powder Trait: CD reduction 10 > 8 Secs (PvE)

- Lock On (Trait): Reduction of revealing from 6 to 2 sec. Now only  applies debuff of revealed to stealthed players instead of disabled foes too, . CD reduced from 25 to 20.

Scrapper

-Stealth Gyro: 60 Secs CD back; now it only Stealth the player by 6 secs, not allies, but it gives allies with dark aura for 3 secs. Now it has a dark area instead of smoke. It blinds enemies (1 sec) on use (not per pulse).

-Bulkwark gyro: Now it stunbreaks.

- Defense field (Bulkwark Gyro): Radius reduced from 240 to 120. It follows the scrapper again instead of stationary. 

[Warrior]

Core

"On My Mark!": Revealed time reduced 6 secs to 2. 

[Ranger]

Core

-Sic 'em: Revealed time reduced from 6 secs to 2 secs.

[Revenant]

Herald

-Gaze of Darkness: Revealed time reduced from 5 to 2 secs.

[Thief]

Core

- In a common trait (whatever): Superior Stealth: When you stealth yourself, you gain superior stealth that allows you to keep doing critic damage when stealthed.

- Reduce Stealth time and increase smoke field cd.

Edited by AlPower.2476
  • Like 2
  • Confused 7

hopefully they further remove cdr traits.
necro still has quite a few of them:

spite: spiteful talisman
bloodmagic: quickening thirst

Curses: master of corruption

to some extend soulreaping: sinister shroud

scourge: fell beacon and sadistic searing
harbinger: dark gunslinger

and i bet, that necro isnt the only one left with those traits.
but its all in the stars, we will see in the next preview

Edited by Nimon.7840
  • Like 6

On 4/10/2023 at 4:08 AM, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

Turret should indeed scale with your stats but most importantly they should get rid of the infinite duration and instead go with an overdrive turret that do strong effect for a few seconds then detonate. As for toolbelt skill, it depends. Rifle turret has the best toolbelt skill of all other turret but it doesnt exactly mean much when all other turret toolbelt skill are either underwhelming or garbage.

Turret are linked to Invention which is a trait you take for support ( healers to be more accurate).  Tool as a branch right now is overall fine, it offer self condition removal, damage boost under vigor and well, it helps tool skill. There isnt really an issue with Tool but it isnt exactly fitting for PvE and to be more precise group content. Tool branch is very selfish and only provide small buff and cleanse to yourself. In PvE most encounter have little to no condition (with some few exception) which already reduces its effectiveness but the small buff you get can be traded for better damage or better boon duration. Then we have tool skill.

The tool skill are for the most part average : Throw mine is good (it could be very good if Anet didnt remove the boon strip from minefield for no reason). AED is good for the CC it provide but as a healing, unless you're running gadgeteer it is whatever. Utility google is straight up garbage for group content and meh-ok for solo content against a heavy condition boss. Ramming battery does offer some good CC but you already have Throw mine that does that and synergize with Explosive and remove some boons. Battery ram also requires you to be at covid range to use it. Slick shoes are.....Yeah outside of the breakstun on its toolbelt, it isnt worth mentioning.

I dont want Tool branch to be buffed. Now dont get me wrong it isnt because I think the branch is perfect, far from that some skill can still receive some small love in some gamemode. But right now Tool is viable in PvP and WvW because of what I've described above . However if we start throwing some buff to its damage dealing potential I do not trust Anet to be able to balance the branch properly and there is a very very high chance we're going to be back to square one where Tool wasnt even worth mentioning.

Inventions is actually supposed to be the defensive trait line.

18 minutes ago, Pati.2438 said:

@AlPower.2476 that stealth mechanic Idea would instantly rec thiefs into a death for ever Mode. I would prefer nerfs to over all Mobility than Just a stealth Nerf. Found stealth as it now is not that problematic.

Nope, that's why i wrote

[Thief]

Core

- In a common trait (whatever): Superior Stealth: When you stealth yourself, you gain superior stealth that allows you to keep doing critic damage when stealthed.

Stealth light nerfs never gonna fix the problem of bursting out of stealth, problem that have in-game many years with (Not in order) Power Chrono meta, Greatsword Soulbeast meta, Deadeye meta, darevil meta, and recently grenade Scrapper meta

Edited by AlPower.2476

I can Not see anything big coming Out. Tho im warr Main and here is my wishlist for my class

Spellbraker:

Full Counter: Increase its Strike DMG to 1.0. It is now blockable. (PvP)

Break Enchantments: now Deal 0,3 each removed boon (PvP)

Berserker:

Enter and going off the Berserker Mode as you want is now Baseline. Traits u use will proc everytime you go on and Off the Mode. (Overall)

Fatal Frenzy: Gain yourself a Stat Bonus of 300 Precision besides the other two Stat buffs while in zerk Mode (Overall)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I could only see a IOU letter from Anet Stating they misplaced the cornerstone Polish 😂 honestly though as a warrior main getting some changes to weapon skills and certain burst skills that haven't been touched in their functionality since release aside from just number adjustments would be the least I could hope for. Otherwise I'll just twiddle my thumbs  and think of the good old days. And maybe invest into a sentinels thief or something. After 10 years of sticking with a class I have mained I'm not sure if it's worth wasting the gold to try another class along with learning all the bells and whistles attached aside from learning the regular counters of how their skills work rather then builds. Unless a class has consistent access to both Protection and stability more times then not, then boons matter more then the classe's actually mechanics themselves.

• Sad 1

Rearrange some cooldown numbers by a couple seconds, and avoid what really needs to be adjusted.

Mention future investigation into boon application and removal for the third or forth or whatever time, lost track of it since last summer.

Nerf mirage last dodge because virtuoso's have too much defense now.

Buff expansion specs that don't need it at the moment.

In game reminder to pat them on the back and buy the expansion on patch day.

😐

🤷‍♂️

🍿

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, AlPower.2476 said:

Nope, that's why i wrote

[Thief]

Core

Stealth light nerfs never gonna fix the problem of bursting out of stealth, problem that have in-game many years with (Not in order) Power Chrono meta, Greatsword Soulbeast meta, Deadeye meta, darevil meta, and recently grenade Scrapper meta

If you do that, it would only reduce build diversity for thiefs. Even then, what you do to revealed is enough to make thief UP in any gamemode unless he play some kind of condi dps build (which would lead to more complaints from the competitive playerbase because "condi = kitten").

The issue with stealth isn't an issue of damage but an issue of visibility. Stealth's invisibility is simply too absolute for the mechanic to be healthy. I get it that you want to nerf other professions' burst from stealth but that's not the way to go.

What nerf stealth need is probably something like:

• Movement speed while stealthed: While stealthed your movement speed is set to the standard "in combat" movement speed. Swiftness and superspeed no longer impact your movement speed while stealthed.
  • Visibility: Players are no able to see stealthed foes that are within a 450 radius cône in front of their character.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

If you do that, it would only reduce build diversity for thiefs. Even then, what you do to revealed is enough to make thief UP in any gamemode unless he play some kind of condi dps build (which would lead to more complaints from the competitive playerbase because "condi = kitten").

The issue with stealth isn't an issue of damage but an issue of visibility. Stealth's invisibility is simply too absolute for the mechanic to be healthy. I get it that you want to nerf other professions' burst from stealth but that's not the way to go.

• Movement speed while stealthed: While stealthed your movement speed is set to the standard "in combat" movement speed. Swiftness and superspeed no longer impact your movement speed while stealthed.
  • Visibility: Players are no able to see stealthed foes that are within a 450 radius cône in front of their character.

Again, that's why I said common traitline. Like Trickery that's used by almost all thieves.

They can put that in a default trait instead of a selectable one.

Removing mobility will not fix it; since classes like old Chrono and old Soulbeast are ranged or have teleports.

Stealth damage needs to go, is not the first time. Even the same thief had a stealth + burst abuser meta build in the past (Deadeye). Oh, and if you haven't read some recent threads; ppl are asking for thief stealth nerfs in WvW roaming too.

Edited by AlPower.2476
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, AlPower.2476 said:

Again, that's why I said common traitline. Like Trickery that's used by almost all thieves.

They can put that in a default trait instead of a selectable one.

It's still killing diversity. You, as an individual, might see this traitline as mandatory for thieves, but the devs, as people responsible for the game, need to make all the traitlines equally useful.

To put it simply, the mere fact that you think a traitline is mandatory (or qualify it as "common traitline") is proof enough that the devs need to work harder on balance. It mean that this very traitline that you intend as the host of a powerful effect is already a source of imbalance.

Removing mobility will not fix it; since classes like old Chrono and old Soulbeast are ranged or have teleports.

You underestimate direly how much impact a reduction of mobility in stealth would have. It touch directly on the viability of those builds that rely on stealth. Furthermore, and maybe most importantly, the devs have nothing against the concept of bursting down a foe from stealth. In fact most mmo with a stealth mechanic tend to lean toward this kind of design.

Oh, and if you haven't read some recent threads; ppl are asking for thief stealth nerfs in WvW roaming too.

There is nothing new to those threads, ppl have been creating such threads unceasingly since the release of the game in 2012. For the devs it's probably background music at this point. The most they will ever do if you point at the damage, like the many many many many other that preceeded you, is tweak down a bit some coefficients and increase some CD.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 4/12/2023 at 6:06 PM, Dadnir.5038 said:

Anet need to state clearly what is their vision on stealth. While the change you suggest arent bad I still think stealth shouldnt be used as a way to conceal yourself while dealing some damage. Yes I am referring to condition damage that still kick in while you are in stealth. I dont know why it is still in the game but as long as you're doing any form of damage, you shouldnt be allowed to enter stealth OR whenever you enter stealth, the damaging condition on the target stops working or gets removed OR you get revealed.  Because I can tell you how much fun it is to use weapon that both inflict condition and allows you to step back (ex : pistol/dagger on thief or staff on mesmer). 

Yeah the argument can be made that most of my survivability ends up being me relying on teleport rather than stealth but it is much easier to win a fight when you can inflict damage while being under stealth and having mobility option. And it is not like the change you suggest above is going to fix this kind of toxic play. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

It's still killing diversity. You, as an individual, might see this traitline as mandatory for thieves, but the devs, as people responsible for the game, need to make all the traitlines equally useful.

To put it simply, the mere fact that you think a traitline is mandatory (or qualify it as "common traitline") is proof enough that the devs need to work harder on balance. It mean that this very traitline that you intend as the host of a powerful effect is already a source of imbalance.

You underestimate direly how much impact a reduction of mobility in stealth would have. It touch directly on the viability of those builds that rely on stealth. Furthermore, and maybe most importantly, the devs have nothing against the concept of bursting down a foe from stealth. In fact most mmo with a stealth mechanic tend to lean toward this kind of design.

There is nothing new to those threads, ppl have been creating such threads unceasingly since the release of the game in 2012. For the devs it's probably background music at this point. The most they will ever do if you point at the damage, like the many many many many other that preceeded you, is tweak down a bit some coefficients and increase some CD.

You're wrong in all.

1) Trickers is akready used in almost all builds; diversity doesn't exist.

2) To use a class with one core option and 3 specs based only on stealth doesn't mean that is already out of diversity?. Thief should ask for updates that let him be able to fight without stealth. Staff darevil years ago was able to do that and was a great buils. 

3) Again, stealth mobility reduction to fix an option that has been abused by ranged classes in the past is the proof that shows it doesn't works. It will work with Scrapper, but, you know, as I said is not the first time with a stealth burst abuser and not gonna be the last. Probly you haven't played when power chrono could one shot everyone from a big distance on stealth, unblockable damage, and was impossible to reach due to portals and tps. 

4) You're applying the "everyone here is an idiot except me" the fact that most of WvW roaming players doesn't like stealthed thief show us that even stealth mechanic for thieves is toxic if abused.

Stealth burst damage is toxic. And we should not tolerate it only because a class with 3 specs can't play without it, because diversity already doesnt exist on him.

Edited by AlPower.2476
  • Confused 3

41 minutes ago, AlPower.2476 said:

Probly you haven't played when power chrono could one shot everyone from a big distance on stealth, unblockable damage, and was impossible to reach due to portals and tps. 

I've started playing on the second week of september in 2012. I've experienced, mostly on the receiving end, all manner of builds involving stealth.

Scrapper exploding ppl with grenade from stealth? We've had that intermitently since scrapper release with HoT in 2015.

Thiefs oneshotting ppl from stealth? We had that as early as 2012 (and the funniest point is that they didn't even need might to do that at this time), we also had a fun few weeks with thiefs laying trap that didn't poped them out of stealth.

Rangers leaning on stealth? The early days of trapper runes, the early druid's days and soulbeast early days.

Without forgeting DragonHunter abusing trapper runes.

Let's be honest, Stealth builds right now are pretty tame compared to what they used to be. And even at their worst that was still bearable.

1 hour ago, AlPower.2476 said:

You're wrong in all.

That's an interesting assessment, considering the consistent messaging from players for 10 years that 'stealth burst damage is toxic' has not prompted Anet to remove it from the game and in fact, maintained stealth as a viable mechanic. 

I think people need to get some perspective here ... stealth is not what it once was, nor are the attacks that stealth-enabled classes use to  consistently kill people with ...  and if you are still getting rekt by stealth users  consistently, you are likely playing poorly or just a very unlucky individual. 

Prediction on next balance patch: Stealth stays ... like it has for the last 10 years, like it will for the next 10 if GW2 is still around. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

I've started playing on the second week of september in 2012. I've experienced, mostly on the receiving end, all manner of builds involving stealth.

Scrapper exploding ppl with grenade from stealth? We've had that intermitently since scrapper release with HoT in 2015.

Thiefs oneshotting ppl from stealth? We had that as early as 2012 (and the funniest point is that they didn't even need might to do that at this time), we also had a fun few weeks with thiefs laying trap that didn't poped them out of stealth.

Rangers leaning on stealth? The early days of trapper runes, the early druid's days and soulbeast early days.

Without forgeting DragonHunter abusing trapper runes.

Let's be honest, Stealth builds right now are pretty tame compared to what they used to be. And even at their worst that was still bearable.

Is weaker than before 'cause now we have 3 specs plus core per class; I mean, it's more hard to one shot a current virtuoso than a core mesmer. Or a willbender instead of a core guard.

That doesn't affect the fact that is a toxic mechanic by itself. Stealth should be a defensive option for non thieves, no a offensive one.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

That's an interesting assessment, considering the consistent messaging from players for 10 years that 'stealth burst damage is toxic' has not prompted Anet to remove it from the game. 

I think people need to get some perspective here ... stealth is not what it once was and if you are still getting rekt by it consistently, you are likely playing poorly or just a very unlucky individual. 

Personally i haven't problems against glass cannon stealth Scrapper; even when I play core engi or a tanky Scrapper build could beat them 8/10 times 'cause I know how to exploit vulnerabilites (they can't survive p/p condi engi 2, 3 and 4 with incendary ammo if they have used 2 or 3 toolbelt skills). Have no problem agaisnt deadeye either on core engi (in non grenadier Scrapper I have, due to no ranged options) due to medkit reflects on tools trait, usually win 6/10 encounters, etc.

The fact that I don't have a problem 'cause I know how to counter them doesn't mean that the mechanic is toxic.

And if they don't remover that mechanic, the problem will be here until the end of the game.

Edited by AlPower.2476
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, AlPower.2476 said:

Personally i haven't problems against glass cannon stealth Scrapper; even when I play core engi or a tanky Scrapper build could beat them 8/10 times 'cause I know how to exploit vulnerabilites (they can't survive p/p condi engi 2, 3 and 4 with incendary ammo if they have used 2 or 3 toolbelt skills). Have no problem agaisnt deadeye either on core engi (in non grenadier Scrapper I have, due to no ranged options) due to medkit reflects on tools trait, usually win 6/10 encounters, etc.

The fact that I don't have a problem 'cause I know how to counter them doesn't mean that the mechanic is toxic.

What I think is the best part here is that you have convinced yourself branding something 'toxic' is a compelling argument to change it. You aren't looking at the history of the game here. 

The fact that you acknowledge these are counterable dispels your branding strategy.

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

What I think is the best part here is that you have convinced yourself branding something 'toxic' is a compelling argument to change it. You aren't looking at the history of the game here. 

Tell me then, why to be able to one shot when you're not seen is not a toxic mechanic.

There's no a single one shot stealth abuser build that hasn't been hard nerfed, what would be the reason?

Edited by AlPower.2476
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, AlPower.2476 said:

Tell me then, why to be able to one shot when you're not seen is not a toxic mechanic.

You yourself JUST acknowledged these mechanics are counterable. However you want to label these mechanics, there are ways to deal with them. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Just now, AlPower.2476 said:

Current ones

Old power chrono and deadeye had no counters.

That doesn't change what I'm telling you. These mechanics are counterable, even if you need to do so at the strategic level. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3