Elementalist can immediately reattune to the same Attunement after Weaver/Combat Tonic/Catalyst interaction [Merged]

Logged into GW2 today, only to find that my main (weaver) is bugged. As you can see in the video, the elite spec was chosen to be Weaver, and sword is my main hand weapon.7 However, when swapping attunements, it automatically double attunes to the element. I have access to the dual attack for about half a second before it fully attunes to the element. Elements of rage bonus isn't given either. Basically plays like core ele for no apparent reason. Wtf is happening?

https://youtu.be/2pwB3auW8iE

• Confused 1

after going to his twitch stream and asking him why did he use autoclicker even if its against tos, he said that hes exposing the game bug abusing and that people gain advantage with these kinds of things to get titles in pvp, when in matter of fact you cant use the tonic in pvp...

If you wanna be the hero that reveals game breaking bugs, dont reveal those ones that NEED a kitten autoclicker to be abused.. LMFAO

17 minutes ago, jcH.7109 said:

Logged into GW2 today, only to find that my main (weaver) is bugged. As you can see in the video, the elite spec was chosen to be Weaver, and sword is my main hand weapon.7 However, when swapping attunements, it automatically double attunes to the element. I have access to the dual attack for about half a second before it fully attunes to the element. Elements of rage bonus isn't given either. Basically plays like core ele for no apparent reason. Wtf is happening?

https://youtu.be/2pwB3auW8iE

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Nininananunu.8653 said:

after going to his twitch stream and asking him why did he use autoclicker even if its against tos, he said that hes exposing the game bug abusing and that people gain advantage with these kinds of things to get titles in pvp, when in matter of fact you cant use the tonic in pvp...

If you wanna be the hero that reveals game breaking bugs, dont reveal those ones that NEED a kitten autoclicker to be abused.. LMFAO

did u read the ToS, u are allowed to use auto clicker in certain cases so its not really against the ToS, it depends on how,why & what u are using it for. https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013762153-Policy-Macros-and-Macro-Use

speaking of macroing i doubt u know exactly what u on about on those terms, gw2 especially in the competetive modes are very in change of a instant which means a macro would rather be a downside than a upside because u never know if u are gettin a opening for a burst or if u need to play defensively / heal / block etc.

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, Mini Crinny.6190 said:

Why would they ban the people that test their game after a patch?

Makes no sense to me 

a test is very different from a live client, obviously if people are awarely abusing a bug ingame to gain an advantage in any way or form it is punishable, that to me makes all the sense, is not like they are banning the people that did it purposely to show it off for a fix, without gaining any advantage from it or using it in a enviorement to gain benefits etc.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Xaint.7461 said:

a test is very different from a live client, obviously if people are awarely abusing a bug ingame to gain an advantage in any way or form it is punishable, that to me makes all the sense, is not like they are banning the people that did it purposely to show it off for a fix, without gaining any advantage from it or using it in a enviorement to gain benefits etc.

Yeah I mean, it was meant as a joke because Anet don't test for bugs anyway 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, jcH.7109 said:

I see. Thanks for the info.

This is where you post bug reports btw: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/forum/9-bugs-game-forum-website/

As a bonus we can see if there's already a thread about it in there before making a new one about the same thing 😉 

(e: the previous short thread got merged into this one now)

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Nininananunu.8653 said:

It did not need a auto clicker to be abused just clicking normaly got you like 70-90k damage a second, way above what anyone can get normaly.

But just think of your poor mouse.

You did need it for the really insane 200k a second damage tho.

3 hours ago, Xaint.7461 said:

did u read the ToS, u are allowed to use auto clicker in certain cases so its not really against the ToS, it depends on how,why & what u are using it for. https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013762153-Policy-Macros-and-Macro-Use

speaking of macroing i doubt u know exactly what u on about on those terms, gw2 especially in the competetive modes are very in change of a instant which means a macro would rather be a downside than a upside because u never know if u are gettin a opening for a burst or if u need to play defensively / heal / block etc.

Did you read the ToS yourself though? 
"Attended macro use is permitted as long as it is not exploitative, and as long as it does not provide the user with an unfair advantage over other players"

The usage of an autoclicker on a skill to spam an unintended effect as fast as possible after going through a sequence of actions to create that effect seems both exploitative and an unfair advantage to me. Autoclickers are mainly allowed for quality of life stuff but not for automating skill usage. But using it on your attunement while showing it on stream in a raid environment is just stupid. If someone encounters a bug that's exploitable by coincidence, it would make sense to try and recreate it on the training golem while recording yourself so you can make a decent support ticket.

Using it on a stream however, so that other people start copying it, was like the worst possible way to deal with it. And that for an Anet partner, it's just shameful. People were literally abusing it everywhere last evening/night. I've encountered people doing it at Soo Won, Tequatl, Chak Gerent, Octovine, DBS, Drakkar, WvW without following any particular squad. They just abused the hell out of it while it was possible and it's very likely that all kinds titles have been earned by using it to almost insta phase stuff and drastically limit the amount of mechanics people needed to follow. 

Anet should just make an example out of it so people are reminded not to take advantage of bugs, because a lot of people have gotten a feeling that they're untouchable since Anet has been so lackluster with proper punishments for exploits/bug abuse/unintended play. At WvW, tactics in keeps get pulled by alts right before an attack all the time, every now and then you come into a matchup where a thief glitches into keep all week long without any wall or gate ever being opened and what are the sanctions for it? Literally non-existant while said thieves should be banned within 24h instead of going at it for 3 weeks straight and new server links happened. So why would people refrain from taking advantage of something that's abusable if they know they risk nothing anyway?

Without sanctioning, you just give people green light to take advantage of any possible exploit in the future because people will be "hey, you remembered when X or Y happened, they all got away with it so we might as well join in on it now" which is exactly what happened last night as well. They all knew there was a risk theorethically, but in practice Anet rarely does anything, so people went along and did it anyways. Anet just really need to start taking proper actions against a lot of forms of unintended gameplay so people start to realise that there are risks of joining in on it without considering the possible consequences. 

Edited by evlover.6270
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, evlover.6270 said:

"Attended macro use is permitted as long as it is not exploitative, and as long as it does not provide the user with an unfair advantage over other players"

The usage of an autoclicker on a skill to spam an unintended effect as fast as possible after going through a sequence of actions to create that effect seems both exploitative and an unfair advantage to me. Autoclickers are mainly allowed for quality of life stuff but not for automating skill usage. But using it on your attunement while showing it on stream in a raid environment is just stupid. If someone encounters a bug that's exploitable by coincidence, it would make sense to try and recreate it on the training golem while recording yourself so you can make a decent support ticket.

Using it on a stream however, so that other people start copying it, was like the worst possible way to deal with it. And that for an Anet partner, it's just shameful. People were literally abusing it everywhere last evening/night. I've encountered people doing it at Soo Won, Tequatl, Chak Gerent, Octovine, DBS, Drakkar, WvW without following any particular squad. They just abused the hell out of it while it was possible and it's very likely that all kinds titles have been earned by using it to almost insta phase stuff and drastically limit the amount of mechanics people needed to follow. 

Anet should just make an example out of it so people are reminded not to take advantage of bugs, because a lot of people have gotten a feeling that they're untouchable since Anet has been so lackluster with proper punishments for exploits/bug abuse/unintended play. At WvW, tactics in keeps get pulled by alts right before an attack all the time, every now and then you come into a matchup where a thief glitches into keep all week long without any wall or gate ever being opened and what are the sanctions for it? Literally non-existant while said thieves should be banned within 24h instead of going at it for 3 weeks straight and new server links happened. So why would people refrain from taking advantage of something that's abusable if they know they risk nothing anyway?

Without sanctioning, you just give people green light to take advantage of any possible exploit in the future because people will be "hey, you remembered when X or Y happened, they all got away with it so we might as well join in on it now" which is exactly what happened last night as well. They all knew there was a risk theorethically, but in practice Anet rarely does anything, so people went along and did it anyways. Anet just really need to start taking proper actions against a lot of forms of unintended gameplay so people start to realise that there are risks of joining in on it without considering the possible consequences. 

Meh lets not pretend Anet has the Manpower to properly sanction bug abuse. Determining to what extend some level of game exploit can still be seen within fair use policy is even more difficult. 

Although the message could've been alot more subtle then streaming it for a large audience it was very effective for getting the attention +quickfix it deserved. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, evlover.6270 said:

what he wrote is '' why use autoclicker when its against the tos '' which is not true, as you just pointed out it is allowed to use for such as quality of life example opening bags, as i also wrote it depends on how,why & what u are using it for, i aint to say what the streamer did or not and if that is the case i totally agree, but that does not change the fact that if someone writes '' why use autoclicker when its against the tos '' is a little out of context aswell as not entirely correct.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Xaint.7461 said:

what he wrote is '' why use autoclicker when its against the tos '' which is not true, as you just pointed out it is allowed to use for such as quality of life example opening bags, as i also wrote it depends on how,why & what u are using it for, i aint to say what the streamer did or not and if that is the case i totally agree, but that does not change the fact that if someone writes '' why use autoclicker when its against the tos '' is a little out of context aswell as not entirely correct.

In this situation autoclicker is heavily against tos. No idea why you have the need to promote autoclickers in this context.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Xaint.7461 said:

It's nice to pick one sentence out of it's context and then nitpick about it I guess so here's the guy his full post

With everything else in his post obviously being related to the bug and using the autoclicker in correlation to abusing the bug and not for anything QoL related, it seemed rather obvious that he was talking about the aspect of using an autoclicker in the regard of bug abusing. Asking him if he read ToS before posting and saying autoclicking is allowed in certain case without specifying those makes it seem as if what he was saying was wrong, while it was completely right in the way that he meant it. This entire thread is about the catalyst exploit so when the usage of autoclicking is mentioned in general,  I doubt it's about the gear salvaging aspect of it. 

Meh lets not pretend Anet has the Manpower to properly sanction bug abuse. Determining to what extend some level of game exploit can still be seen within fair use policy is even more difficult. 

Although the message could've been alot more subtle then streaming it for a large audience it was very effective for getting the attention +quickfix it deserved. 

Not having manpower of it to sanction and the difficulty of determining what's against ToS/policies or not is due to very ambiguous rules that are often not fully covering the topic or leave a lot of room for interpretation. There are very large grey areas in there or areas that are 90% black/white but still leave room for 10% white/black. If the ToS/rules wouldn't be so ambiguous, it wouldn't be so time consuming to determine what's against the rules or what's not and it wouldn't require as much manpower as now to do so.

And maybe with clear rules, even just 1 or 2 full time ingame mods would already be able to achieve a lot as well. Cause now the Anet staff icon only means they work at Anet which is completely different. When you see one, they're often just playing either on stream as an event/showcase or in their free time, but not to mod and search for bugs or exploits. If there'd be 1 or 2 ingame mods that are known by the players, it would be way easier to call them over if you encounter an exploit (like bots porting under the map to loot Tyria jp chests that keep coming back). They could come over to what seems a priority to them and judge right away instead of all the ingame reports that are just being thrown straight in a trash bin (or at least that's often what it feels like). Could work with warnings, short term bans of long term ones if there are clear violations that don't need any further investigation. Would those be flooded in the beginning? Yes. Would they be able to respond to everything? No. Because the state of the game in this regard is terrible. But when people start to get that the risk of getting caught has become that big and the punishment isn't worth the gains, it would only decrease as time passes by and then they can start out focusing more about finding regular bugs instead of bug abusing/under the map portalling etc. 
Also, getting a follow up message about your reports (like in csgo), would help a lot to know whether reporting something is actually worth your time or not. Although reporting a jp endchest bot porter or a team of 5 accs of the same person in a pvp tournament and not getting any follow up message in the following days/weeks would be even more depressing than just not knowing anything at all.. :classic_ninja: (and yes, I know multiboxing is generally allowed in PvE when not using macros, but it's not allowed in competitive modes. Since it always takes so long to ban them though, they get enough gold from it to make it worth getting new accs whenever theirs are banned)

It's just a number of impromptu examples what could be done, and I'm sure there's plenty of other options that could be way better or more effective. But the point is that they can do more than what's being done today, whether with limited resources or not, to address a part of the game that's been in a dire condition for ages. The PvP scene cleanup was a pretty nice one but that's been what, half a year ago? And before that I honestly can't recall anything up till back in the beginning when the necro minion bots were taken care off which made it better for a while, until people realised it was a one time thing. As if nothing among the sorts of afk necro minions, turret engis, mallyx revenants or boon pulsing revenants has been going on between 5+ years ago and today. Go to the southeast heart in Iron Marches and you'll see them next to the wall more often than not...

It really isn't hard to find obvious things that deserve bans, but the gap between the start/endpoint of seeing things that deserve (temporary or non-temporary) bans, the rules 100% backing up that it deserves a ban, and then actually enforcing the ban, is a gap with the distance of the earth to the moon and back and really needs to be shortened so that justifying to stream an exploit to get it out to the masses only to get it fixed instead of being ignored should never even be considered justifiable.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

• Forum Moderator.3419 changed the title to Elementalist can immediately reattune to the same Attunement after Weaver/Combat Tonic/Catalyst interaction [Merged]

Funny thing. I came back to the game a week ago, I created new character (I already bought the expansion) and yesterday morning when wanted to train my final weaver trait I noticed something was wrong, so I wrote to support. Now I know that I can't play (my spec does not exist) because of some players who created some kind of kill aura cause they didn't go well in pvp. The funniest thing is that instead of getting some kind of compensation, they said 

However, if you think improvements could be made regarding this issue, we encourage you to post your comments on the forums, where our Community Team gathers player feedback so they can suggest game improvements to our development team

Sooo here I am... COOL

Edited by xenox.4958
  • Like 1