Would you buy GW3 if it didn't have a pvp mode?

Would you buy GW3 if it didn't have a pvp mode?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy GW3 if it didn't have a pvp mode? (not WvW, but a pvp format like 1 and 2)

• Yes
    • No
    • deep down, i still love guild wars, but I hate the direction...i can't say

16 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

(a GW2 revival or a GW3 release isn't going to happen).

1 minute ago, SlateSloan.3654 said:

Also I dont think Anet has any professionals left in ther company to make it a good game.

I'm pretty sure the basis of this thread is coming from an actual leak which was a recent Arenanet job listing saying something to the effect of: "Hiring senior designers to work on well established fantasy IP with deep history that will be designed in Unreal Engine 5". People seem to believe that must indeed be Guild Wars 3. It would certainly explain the lack of attention GW2 has been getting.

I feel absolutely no hype from this leak though. I know any competitive scene this game may have will be ruined, likely by the exact same people that did it to GW2. As history has shown, regardless of the company's statements "We are doing ban phases" these culprits will be overlooked and allowed to do whatever they want. I will not invest any time into another Arenanet scene.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

I'm pretty sure the basis of this thread is coming from an actual leak which was a recent Arenanet job listing saying something to the effect of: "Hiring senior designers to work on well established fantasy IP with deep history that will be designed in Unreal Engine 5". People seem to believe that must indeed be Guild Wars 3. It would certainly explain the lack of attention GW2 has been getting.

Such a leak may also very well hint at Arenanet being used as a support studio on a different IP owned by NCSoft.

Depending on who wrote the job offer, Lineage, Aion, and Blade & Soul may be considered as franchises that are "well established" and have "deep history".

Arenanet partially being pulled off the Guild Wars franchise would also explain the apparent lack of resources spent on GW2.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

I feel absolutely no hype from this leak though. I know any competitive scene this game may have will be ruined, likely by the exact same people that did it to GW2. As history has shown, regardless of the company's statements "We are doing ban phases" these culprits will be overlooked and allowed to do whatever they want. I will not invest any time into another Arenanet scene.

There is also the fact that NCSOFT is focusing on mobile games and GW3 will most probably be one.

• Like 1

I think the studio is too small to produce a huge project that is a new AAA MMORPG (Guild Wars 3) considering the release schedule of the last 5 years. And announcing this would have a huge risk of losing the GW2 player base because players prefer to invest their playing time in a game with a future of new content.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

ArenaNet still has GW1 PvP, which is a lot more versatile than GW2's offerings and it can still bring rewards to GW2 via the Hall of Monuments system.

GW1 and its PvP haven't been created by today's Arenanet.

GW3, on the other hand, would be created by today's Arenanet. So its PvP would be much, much, MUCH closer to the quality that GW2's sPvP currently has, than to the quality of GW1's PvP.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

GW3, on the other hand, would be created by today's Arenanet. So its PvP would be much, much, MUCH closer to the quality that GW2's sPvP currently has, than to the quality of GW1's PvP.

Anet carries the same name. Both of you are correct. In fact; I believe there are only two former Guild Wars Anet staffs remain at the new Anet.

Kudo and Thank You! to Anet Developers for keeping The Legendary Guild Wars alive

Guild Wars, "Legends Are Not Born, They Are Created"

"Legends Never Die"

Edited by Burnfall.9573

3 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

[...]

True, but same can be said for the GW2 engine and most of the GW2 game. Any company has a large turnover of staff over a longer term. Especially nowadays. A company like Sony also employs a different staff than 15 years ago.

May -- June Balance will be the deciding factor if I will stay or leave, with the including factor with buying any future expansions + add - on for the game.

May - June Is My Breaking Point. 

There are so much potential competitive, challenge, fun and enjoyable competitors out there; who cares about their players experiences.

It Is Amazing Isn't It, That If Nothing Changes After May - June...I will have nothing to loose...no regrets to look back.

I've Had Enough Of This Clown Fiesta; It Is Getting Too Old!!

Enough is Enough!!

"If We Don't Take Care Of Our Customers, Someone Else Will"

Edited by Burnfall.9573

On 4/26/2023 at 5:40 AM, Wayne.6253 said:

pvp is the only reason to play gw2, so without it i will never buy gw3

You don't need to buy GW2 to play PvP.  All you get for buying is elite specs.  That is why I only bought this game on sale after PoF release and will never buy EoD.  My account was f2p for a few years

Edited by Lorendyl Azoradaelas.5203