should you be kicked from a guild for saying you can level up in WvW ?

GWDAV.9452

just because the guild so called leader said you cant =D no warning, no challenge in chat just the line of text appearing saying you are not in a guild, or no longer in a guild.

then to top it off he sends in a /w that i'm the one spreading missinformation then blocks before i could respond ^_- my response to HIS missinformation before i was kicked was not rude or any part of it directed at him all i said was, i did wvw for 3-4 hours the other day and got plenty of levels out of it and had a great time, so for being correct and not agreeing with him...booted, although am glad to be out sooner than later, as he censored two ppl talking about shmicktok last night, yes this guy is a proper little online wanna-be tin pot despot indeed

Edited by GWDAV.9452
typo
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Have you tried finding a new guild or making your own guild?  Like, not exactly clear to me why I am supposed to care about some personal guild drama you had.  The guild didn't end up being a fit for you.  So what?  There's a lot of other guilds and they aren't all the same.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

You're looking for validation from the forums?  Okay.  Taking you at 100% face value, you were horribly wronged, sir.  I sympathize with your pain and the knowledge that the one responsible for causing it shall never face justice.  I wish there were something more I could say, but ultimately it's their guild and they can kick you for any or no reason whatsoever.  Good luck!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

You can't level up in WvW anymore tho, you can get tomes and transfer them to your non-level-80 characters. If you play underleveled character, you're griefing, especially if you recommend it to guild mates.

Seems neither of you understood what other person meant. How you worded it is that you wanted people to play with under lvl 80 characters when there is no reason to do so.

Don't tell people GW2 is F2P, playing with underleveled characters in WvW is fine or that core specs are viable. All of these are just not true and take root in avoiding reality.

But ye, if you got kicked, it was because the guild leader didn't already like you or how much you stand out.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

30 minutes ago, Riba.3271 said:

You can't level up in WvW anymore tho, you can get tomes and transfer them to your non-level-80 characters. If you play underleveled character, you're griefing, especially if you recommend it to guild mates.

Seems neither of you understood what other person meant. How you worded it is that you wanted people to play with under lvl 80 characters when there is no reason to do so.

Don't tell people GW2 is F2P, playing with underleveled characters in WvW is fine or that core specs are viable. All of these are just not true and take root in avoiding reality.

But ye, if you got kicked, it was because the guild leader didn't already like you or how much you stand out.

Core Guardian is viable. Not optimal, but viable.

• Like 2

Sounds like the guild leader did you a favor. 😏

Anyone says you can't level in wvw is a dodo bird. 🍿

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tome_of_Knowledge

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chest_of_the_Mists_(wvw)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WvW_Reward_Track

In the earlier days you could enter wvw at level 2, and then when ftp came in it was raised to 60 for first character to unlock it for the account. Regular exp was taken out of wvw/eotm but replaced with tome of knowledge, you can still level in wvw, chests of the mist are guaranteed tomes. Not the optimal way to level but it's viable. 🤷‍♂️🍿

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, GWDAV.9452 said:

"Don't tell people GW2 is F2P," where tf did that come from, have told no such thing to anyone, and you're very assumptive too and you know whats always been said about those, had no issues with the guy till that

The F2P part has nothing to do with you, it is just common misunderstanding that takes root in same naive thinking where you try to help people but instead give them bad advice.

He kicked you so he had issue with you or your actions. If you're sure you did nothing bad enough to warrant being kicked, then something else was behind it. For example maybe you typed too much since lot of people online seem get headache from seeing more than 5 words.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Core Guardian is viable. Not optimal, but viable.

🙂You are right, it is okay support. But for some reason you won't find any person that will want it to be the support in their party 🤭. As DPS it is obviously bad since willy billy will do much more than it in every metric.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Haha 1

Create your own, join another or just roam alone. Guilds are useful in wvw for the +5 and the aura buffs, but nowadays every guild claim has that, so even if you have no guild you get the boost. I would be a bit angry if I were you and wanted to be in that guild for wvw alliance, but don't fret alliances will never happen 🙂

Edited by asterix.9614
  • Like 1

Guilds have rules, my guild has a simple one called common sense , that means if you kitten around like that and take a spot from a player that actually tries i won’t tolerate you. As for Riba and his dumb kitten comment that core classes are not viable i can only say : Start playing guild wars mate and stop complaining in the forums. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

its his guild, if he doesn't want you there for whatever reason, no matter how nonsensical, its his prerogative. just gtfo there. 🤔

that said, i think you'd be better off elsewhere given the circumstances you mentioned. 😁

i'm very sure you'll find a much better one. 😎

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

That's why this mode is based on that container guaranteed by ANET that we commonly call servers, and that makes every WWW player a free player to interpret this same mode exactly as he wants. But someone had the brilliant idea to cancel this universal guarantee (which concerns all single or group players) and make everything much more stable, building the future of WWW on guilds and guild alliances. ✌️

That said, I'm sorry someone excluded you from your usual group of friends. And I'm sure you'll find other people, kinder, to share your gaming experiences. Good luck and have fun.

Edited by Mabi black.1824

12 hours ago, GWDAV.9452 said:

just because the guild so called leader said you cant =D no warning, no challenge in chat just the line of text appearing saying you are not in a guild, or no longer in a guild.

then to top it off he sends in a /w that i'm the one spreading missinformation then blocks before i could respond ^_- my response to HIS missinformation before i was kicked was not rude or any part of it directed at him all i said was, i did wvw for 3-4 hours the other day and got plenty of levels out of it and had a great time, so for being correct and not agreeing with him...booted, although am glad to be out sooner than later, as he censored two ppl talking about shmicktok last night, yes this guy is a proper little online wanna-be tin pot despot indeed

Why would you want to stay in a guild with that attitude?

Be glad they did and find another guild that is more relaxed.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1