The date options..

TalonSilver.7628

51 minutes ago, Biziut.3594 said:

You and me sister. As for the newer faces, dunno. Maybe I am too picky, from EoD alone I think I really enjoyed only Joon and Rama.

Rama is the stand out from EoD...the character I really look forward to.  Joon has some layers to her that make her more than just Taimi with jade that I like.  I struggled with being very suspicious about her.

Yao is growing on me, and Finn lol.  Chul-Moo's role with Yao I thought added some compassion to a rougher character that made him more likeable.  So I'm ok with seeing some more of them in the future.  Hey at least they get stuff done and don't sit around all sullen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

I struggled with being very suspicious about her.

Thats exactly why I like Joon so much. Until her, the most suspicious character that you supposed not to trust was Caithe during HoT, and I haven't met a person who actually fell for it and haven't trusted her. With Joon, I really had my doubts about on whos side shes really on, will she help us or will try to get rid of us, is she ultimatly good, or will she be another villan later. When all of our team mates were always clear with their motives and it was always clear they are good characters, she was always in the gray zone playing her cards carefully. I think Canach supposed to be handled this way too at the beginning, but once I saw him in LS2 I just couldn't belive he could turn on us. With Joon, I had many doubts, and thats why I like her.

Edit: Rama is fine, at least when he keeps his bad cop attitude. And Yao and Choo-something, seems kinda bland and generic for me. At least for now.

Edited by Biziut.3594
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

On 6/6/2023 at 12:19 PM, Farohna.6247 said:

Rama is the stand out from EoD...the character I really look forward to.  Joon has some layers to her that make her more than just Taimi with jade that I like.  I struggled with being very suspicious about her.

Yao is growing on me, and Finn lol.  Chul-Moo's role with Yao I thought added some compassion to a rougher character that made him more likeable.  So I'm ok with seeing some more of them in the future.  Hey at least they get stuff done and don't sit around all sullen.

The new DE is ok for me. I like Rama and his kinda sense of humor. I was also suspicious of Joon throughout EoD and was pleasantly surprised that she did not end up being a villain, but just had differing views than the PC. I'm meh with Yao and Chul-Moo, but they really need more story centered around their backgrounds because I still feel like I don't really know who they are enough to care about them, just because their stories are so scattered and shown to us in a piecemeal fashion so far.

Ayumi's fine as a character, but I honestly had no idea who she was without Wiki'ing her and am not that confident she would even join DE 3.0 because of how little game time she's gotten, and because she's already plenty busy being the leader of the Kestrels. Taimi and Gorriks' plots are pretty much done, so I'm guessing they'll have their official proposal and leave DE soon (at least for a while) to spend time with each other (outside of saving the world situations) similar to Kas and Jory.

As for new members, possibly Min since she's getting along pretty well with Rama and they could be the new "couple" of the team. Ivan for Dredge representation (where even is he btw - wasn't he part of the detective agency?). Joon as already mentioned. Possibly a return of one or two of the old DE members - Canach and Kas/Jory seem like the most likely, since Canach's been around in Cantha and hints at future adventures after EoD and the latter are probably going to go back into action after their honeymoon. The others (Rytlock, Crecia, and Braham) felt like they were going into permanent-ish retirement and their story arcs were pretty much finished for now. Maybe we'll see them if we go back into Ascalon/Shiverpeaks, but the next Expac doesn't seem like it's going in those directions from what we've seen so far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Poormany.4507 said:

The new DE is ok for me. I like Rama and his kinda sense of humor. I was also suspicious of Joon throughout EoD and was pleasantly surprised that she did not end up being a villain, but just had differing views than the PC. I'm meh with Yao and Chul-Moo, but they really need more story centered around their backgrounds because I still feel like I don't really know who they are enough to care about them, just because their stories are so scattered and shown to us in a piecemeal fashion so far.

Ayumi's fine as a character, but I honestly had no idea who she was without Wiki'ing her and am not that confident she would even join DE 3.0 because of how little game time she's gotten, and because she's already plenty busy being the leader of the Kestrels. Taimi and Gorriks' plots are pretty much done, so I'm guessing they'll have their official proposal and leave DE soon (at least for a while) to spend time with each other (outside of saving the world situations) similar to Kas and Jory.

As for new members, possibly Min since she's getting along pretty well with Rama and they could be the new "couple" of the team. Ivan for Dredge representation (where even is he btw - wasn't he part of the detective agency?). Joon as already mentioned. Possibly a return of one or two of the old DE members - Canach and Kas/Jory seem like the most likely, since Canach's been around in Cantha and hints at future adventures after EoD and the latter are probably going to go back into action after their honeymoon. The others (Rytlock, Crecia, and Braham) felt like they were going into permanent-ish retirement and their story arcs were pretty much finished for now. Maybe we'll see them if we go back into Ascalon/Shiverpeaks, but the next Expac doesn't seem like it's going in those directions from what we've seen so far.

i think it would be really interesting to add both a dredge and a tengu to the team to offset all the humans, especially if taimi ends up leaving the team, which i'm pretty sure she will very soon. i don't think gorrik will leave though, the recent story arcs have made it clear this is what he was meant to do with his life.

destiny's edge - zojja (asura), rytlock (charr), logan (human), caithe (sylvari), eir (norn).

dragon's watch - taimi (asura), rox (charr), kas & jory (human), canach (sylvari), braham (norn)

the original teams were both built around the playable races featuring as the main characters. so something different would be a welcome respite.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Since I see so many players asking for more content like this, I have a pretty big concern. As much as Anet is being inclusive, I'm aro/ace and so are my GW2 characters. I didn't want to play this update until I heard there was a platonic option because I don't want to be forced into romance and flirting. I get enough of the "you aren't human if you don't want romance and sex" in real life and I sure don't need it in my pretendy fun time too. Can I ask for a platonic partner/friendship option if this is going to be a constant thing? And can that be pretty clearly pointed out which one it is? 

• Like 5
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Aerlen.5326 said:

Since I see so many players asking for more content like this, I have a pretty big concern. As much as Anet is being inclusive, I'm aro/ace and so are my GW2 characters. I didn't want to play this update until I heard there was a platonic option because I don't want to be forced into romance and flirting. I get enough of the "you aren't human if you don't want romance and sex" in real life and I sure don't need it in my pretendy fun time too. Can I ask for a platonic partner/friendship option if this is going to be a constant thing? And can that be pretty clearly pointed out which one it is? 

Cant go wrong with Canach then bud.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I can confirm Yao has options to keep it totally platonic too, they specify it's just dinner with friends. (I assume Ayumi does as well, but I haven't played it with her yet.)

I agree that if our characters have the option to get romantically involved in future there should not only be a choice of partners but also a choice not to pick any of them, and that goes for whether it's a one-off, a short-term thing or a longer term relationship.

I've never given much thought to who most of my characters would be attracted to because it hasn't come up, but I'm not sure they'd all be interested in romantic relationships (at least not until they're ready to retire from adventuring), and even if they are it depends on who the options are. It's entirely possible none of the romancible characters would fit some of mine.

At the very least I'd like the option to keep putting off the decision until we're ready.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2023 at 4:38 PM, Batalix.2873 said:

None of the options were normative, unless we want to make the argument that the whole point was normalizing Yao.

That is the issue though. You are forced into a dating scene and your options are limited to those of a one-armed man, a cactus and a bird. Who exactly is this supposed to appeal to?

The entire date scene was a cringefest from start to finish, whether it's the Commander's antics or Min's behavior. Assuming this HAD to be in there as part of a setup for the next chapter/episode/expansion (which I doubt) I would have appreciated an option along the lines of either: 

- "I would rather not involve myself in Rama's personal life."

or:

- "I think this is a terrible idea and I refuse to be part of it."

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

9 hours ago, GeraldBC.4927 said:

That is the issue though. You are forced into a dating scene and your options are limited to those of a one-armed man, a cactus and a bird. Who exactly is this supposed to appeal to?

The entire date scene was a cringefest from start to finish, whether it's the Commander's antics or Min's behavior. Assuming this HAD to be in there as part of a setup for the next chapter/episode/expansion (which I doubt) I would have appreciated an option along the lines of either: 

- "I would rather not involve myself in Rama's personal life."

or:

- "I think this is a terrible idea and I refuse to be part of it."

If anything, this serves as them telling us, that the commander has no good manners and doesn't know how to behave appropriate in public places. This especially stinks, when your character background is a human noble and thus has been taught manners since childhood.

Also, the "cactus" had a lot of fans with his previous voice actor. He only became this empty shell (or rather empty bark?) that lost all his enjoyable prior personality in Season 5.

• Haha 2

I thought it was fine and gave me a good chuckle. I was just relieved it didn't go in the Doki Doki Literature Club direction 

Spoiler

and rip all agency from you and watch a lifeless classmate go cold over the weekend and then the girl that wants you deletes everything you know except her. Just Monika.