The date options..

TalonSilver.7628

23 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Reverse that statement....you do realize this IS a game, and that people are disgruntled with the choices in a GAME, when OP's post feels like another Anet agenda complaint.  A "normal woman" as an option would have been fine as well, but it was inviting a friend not a love interest for the Commander.  I guess I fall into the category of non-stereotypical gamer then as I saw it as a humorously awkward situation for the Commander to find a date and see who they came up with, and non romantic just amusing.  

Also that's rubbish about cats.  They're wonderfully quirky little personalities and also make fine dinner dates.

Cats are quirky, cute, and wonderful dinner companions, but you're kidding yourself if you don't know you could be one wrong move away from a lethal mishap if you kitten them off. 😼

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gaiawolf.8261 said:

Cats are quirky, cute, and wonderful dinner companions, but you're kidding yourself if you don't know you could be one wrong move away from a lethal mishap if you kitten them off. 😼

Hardly, I feed an ever growing group of ferals and outsidey cats twice a day.  They're charming, and bring my neighbors things they catch because apparently they think they don't have food 😄.  Never kill the person who buys you wet cat food and kibble.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Hardly, I feed an ever growing group of ferals and outsidey cats twice a day.  They're charming, and bring my neighbors things they catch because apparently they think they don't have food 😄.  Never kill the person who buys you wet cat food and kibble.

I will pray for you if the day comes that you stop feeding them.🙏

Edited by Gaiawolf.8261
  • Haha 4

I wish we could invite more of the npc's we know, rather than this duo of absolute strangers. Like Caithe, Kas, Jory. And thats only the ones that were with is in Cantha during EoD. Canonicly we were back in Tyria for the wedding so I see no reason why not to include other members of the team. Rytlock, Rox, Logan ect. I didn't even knew who Ayumi is before I googled her after this quest. And Yao is known to me only from the recent questline. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Biziut.3594 said:

I wish we could invite more of the npc's we know, rather than this duo of absolute strangers. Like Caithe, Kas, Jory. And thats only the ones that were with is in Cantha during EoD. Canonicly we were back in Tyria for the wedding so I see no reason why not to include other members of the team. Rytlock, Rox, Logan ect. I didn't even knew who Ayumi is before I googled her after this quest. And Yao is known to me only from the recent questline. 

I think they deliberately limited the options as part of indicating that this isn't any kind of serious or on-going commitment for your character, it's literally just finding someone who was available and in the area for dinner at short notice. Opening up more options so everyone could pick their favourite would likely lead to players expecting more follow-up.

Also if Kas and Jory were there then there would be no need for the Commander to go at all, because they'd have 3 actual couples.

(That's part of why I picked Yao, the Commander was invited largely because we were there for the preceeding events and probably needed some down-time too afterwards, Yao was in exactly the same situation.)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I think they deliberately limited the options as part of indicating that this isn't any kind of serious or on-going commitment for your character, it's literally just finding someone who was available and in the area for dinner at short notice. Opening up more options so everyone could pick their favourite would likely lead to players expecting more follow-up.

Also if Kas and Jory were there then there would be no need for the Commander to go at all, because they'd have 3 actual couples.

(That's part of why I picked Yao, the Commander was invited largely because we were there for the preceeding events and probably needed some down-time too afterwards, Yao was in exactly the same situation.)

Yeah you're right. I guess I am speaking more from my personal wish to play throu similar quest with the characters I love. Actually I always counted for similar instance with Destiny's Edge characters. Somehow I can't get myself to like Dragon's Watch/Cantha crew.

Edit: or at least most of them. Canach is okayish. I liked him better during HoT/PoF.

Edited by Biziut.3594

On 5/25/2023 at 1:38 AM, TalonSilver.7628 said:

Why couldn't they include a normal woman as a date option? You get a man, a they/them and a furry..

Wouldn't that be a "plumy"? 😄

On 6/3/2023 at 12:12 AM, Farohna.6247 said:

A "normal woman" as an option would have been fine as well, but it was inviting a friend not a love interest for the Commander.  I guess I fall into the category of non-stereotypical gamer then

Ditto. My male human guardian picked Yao, because they are nice and I like them.

You have to give it to people, though, that the writers did add some insinuating lines there, so the term "date" is accurate, more or less.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

31 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Wouldn't that be a "plumy"? 😄

Ditto. My male human guardian picked Yao, because they are nice and I like them.

You have to give it to people, though, that the writers did add some insinuating lines there, so the term "date" is accurate, more or less.

There are definitely some lines that are more date, but they kept it as insinuation and wink wink.  I'd call it a platonic date that has an open ended if you ever wanted to go on a real date, your companion would be up for it.  Mostly I just don't care for OP's tone that all the options were abnormal.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Biziut.3594 said:

Yeah you're right. I guess I am speaking more from my personal wish to play throu similar quest with the characters I love. Actually I always counted for similar instance with Destiny's Edge characters. Somehow I can't get myself to like Dragon's Watch/Cantha crew.

Edit: or at least most of them. Canach is okayish. I liked him better during HoT/PoF.

the developers did an interview recently and implied they're basically done with the cast. one of the main points of the last two episodes was setting up the new team or destiny's edge 3.0 as some would call it.

out of the entire cast from personal story and living world, only taimi's arc remains unresolved.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

the developers did an interview recently and implied they're basically done with the cast. one of the main points of the last two episodes was setting up the new team or destiny's edge 3.0 as some would call it.

out of the entire cast from personal story and living world, only taimi's arc remains unresolved.

I'd prefer not to see more of Rama, his stupid hat, Yao or Chul-Moo going forward.

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Honestly, I would not have minded Lydia showing up randomly. That is a character I want to see used more.

Did you mean Livia?

I don't remember a Lydia and the wiki has no entry for a Lydia.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I'd prefer not to see more of Rama, his stupid hat, Yao or Chul-Moo going forward.

Did you mean Livia?

I like Rama well enough. Yao has potential (they're severely under developed imo). I don't really remember or care about Chul-Moo.

9 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Did you mean Livia?

I was wondering the same thing and went to the wiki and google and couldn't find a Lydia.
Personally I liked Anise out of the characters we met around that period. Sad we never really got her outfit available.

Edited by idpersona.3810
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Biziut.3594 said:

@SoftFootpaws.9134 My God, now you scared me. Does that mean that DE 3.0. will be made of Rama, bird lady which nobody knows, non binary guy, choo mooo (mentor of the non binary guy), bug Asura and Taimi?

i doubt that taimi will be included much, as she's an old character (she was 13 when introduced, and is now like 22 or something), and they'll likely try to resolve her plot arc soon like all the others.

from what we've seen in end of dragons storyline, it'll be the commander, gorrik, ramma, yao, and chul-moo. that seems a bit weird though since there's no female cast member, so i wonder if joon will come along since they worked very hard to make her character a big deal throughout end of dragons.

joon would also be able to replace taimi with less community backlash since she's human. like it or not players prefer human characters and human-centric storylines.

(i'm very against this as a charr enthusiast, but its what we've arrived at since season 3.)

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 5

19 hours ago, Biziut.3594 said:

@SoftFootpaws.9134 My God, now you scared me. Does that mean that DE 3.0. will be made of Rama, bird lady which nobody knows, non binary guy, choo mooo (mentor of the non binary guy), bug Asura and Taimi?

Shall we bring back the whiney norn, the hiccuping blonde, and the lady who calls us boss all the time, or the gruff and grumpy charr?

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Shall we bring back the whiney norn, the hiccuping blonde, and the lady who calls us boss all the time, or the gruff and grumpy charr?

Noo mom please no!

I was more fond of the original DE. I would love to see Zojja again one day. I do not mind Rytlock, aside from Canach, he's the only character from new DE that I liked. Also liked Caithe and Aurene altho I dunno if I should call them a part of DE team. Other than that I would love to see the return of some personal story characters.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Biziut.3594 said:

Noo mom please no!

I was more fond of the original DE. I would love to see Zojja again one day. I do not mind Rytlock, aside from Canach, he's the only character from new DE that I liked. Also liked Caithe and Aurene altho I dunno if I should call them a part of DE team. Other than that I would love to see the return of some personal story characters.

I love Rytlock and Canach, and I like Caithe and Aurene.  I'm glad with how their stories have progressed, and wouldn't mind seeing them from time to time.  I'm enjoying the newer faces as well.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

I love Rytlock and Canach, and I like Caithe and Aurene.  I'm glad with how their stories have progressed, and wouldn't mind seeing them from time to time.  I'm enjoying the newer faces as well.  

You and me sister. As for the newer faces, dunno. Maybe I am too picky, from EoD alone I think I really enjoyed only Joon and Rama.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1