lvl up scrolls and tomes are bugged

On 6/2/2023 at 2:41 PM, Nightcore.5621 said:

i used a lvl 50 lvl up scroll i dident get any lvl

On 6/2/2023 at 2:41 PM, Nightcore.5621 said:

i still was lvl 50

A lvl 50 lvl up scroll does NOT give you 50 lvlups, but makes you lvl 50, if you are lower, e.g. you can use it to level from 2 -> 50 or from 49 -> 50.

It shoulddn't be usable if you are already lvl 50 or higher, but it's clear: it doesn't do anything if you are 50+

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Like 5

i was lvl 2 and i clicked my lvl 50 tome nothing happen and i used like 80 tomes to get to lvl 80 i was lvl 50 after that + i watched each time i clicked my lvl up tomes sometimes i clicked and 4 desapired each time in 1 click 

Edited by Nightcore.5621
  • Confused 4

4 hours ago, Nightcore.5621 said:

i was lvl 2 and i clicked my lvl 50 tome nothing happen and i used like 80 tomes to get to lvl 80 i was lvl 50 after that + i watched each time i clicked my lvl up tomes sometimes i clicked and 4 desapired each time in 1 click 

"used like 80 tomes" hints you don't really know how many you've used, but just try to estimate the amount. Next time take out the exact amount of tomes you need to lvl 80 and you'll know for sure. I've used scrolls/tomes last week and this week and had no issues.

If you believe something was bugged, write to support, wait for their response to confirm your version of what happened and then make a thread in bug subforum, I guess.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

28 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

"used like 80 tomes" hints you don't really know how many you've used, but just try to estimate the amount. Next time take out the exact amount of tomes you need to lvl 80 and you'll know for sure. I've used scrolls/tomes last week and this week and had no issues.

If you believe something was bugged, write to support, wait for their response to confirm your version of what happened and then make a thread in bug subforum, I guess.

The mixing of "tome" and "scroll" also seems like they don't know what type of item was actually used. Scrolls of knowledge will not give any levels.

Edited by Khisanth.2948
  • Like 3

I used 78 tomes last night to level an alt and I had no problems with them.  Not saying you didn't have issues with their use but it seemed to work fine for me last night in case Anet investigates (was between 1700 and 1900 CST last night).

• Like 1

I just used 8 Tomes of Knowledge and they all worked. One thing I'd forgotten about is you get a confirmation message each time, you can't just click through them quickly, so that could be why it wasn't working. If you're able to click through them really quickly that does sound like the Writs of Experience, which only give part of a level each time.

• Like 2

On 6/2/2023 at 10:41 PM, Nightcore.5621 said:

i used a lvl 50 lvl up scroll

A level 50 level-up scroll, or a 50% Experience Booster?

The level 50 level-up scroll will level you up to level 50... (corrected)

However, a 50% Experience Booster increases your experience gain from kills by 50% for a period of time (1 hour).  I hope you haven't used up all your experience boosters by accident. All these different level up's and experience boosters can be confusing.  I make sure I read the small print before using them (I have used the wrong thing many times).

But if it was a level-up scroll you do need to submit a ticket.

Edited by Lanfear De Noir.9127
  • Like 1

As explained by others, given your wordings, it seems you are not certain about what you where clicking, when and how many (atleast that is how you come across to me and others replying in this thread).

If you think this is truly in error, we are happy to help you if you share a bit more detailed info.
1: the exact amount of items consumed.
2: The exact name as stated in the tooltip of the item

There are many items that grant experience and/or levels and they all behave in different ways. 

If the conculsion is still that something went wrong and you comsumed items but didn't (always) get what you should get, please understand that we can not help you. You need to contact support and they will need the exact date and time (and the appropriate timezone you are in). Support can check the logs with how many experience and levels you recieved and how many items where consumed and left your inventory. They'll also need your accountname and the character name.

Good luck!

• Like 2