Dead part of GW2: PVP

PVP = Clown fest and a lot of people could agree with me on this.
One simple change can get the pvp out of this hell hole. Make 2v2 and 3v3 available during the season.
Raise the rewards for ranked pvp conquest and bring the 2v2 and 3v3 ranked to the current reward level of conquest.

Conquest will still be played because it will have higher rewards if a team works together for nodes and points, but people who can't handle that will go to 2v2 and 3v3 to get rewards from there.
IMO this will be a great thing to do, i've also seen people enjoying more 2v2 or 3v3 seasons than conquest long season.

+ some balancing and tunning and this can go really well actually.

Y'all just have to play around with features that are already in the game, ik there is some work to be done around but it's not that much compared to reworking the whole stuff

All ideas are welcomed as far as they are for our pvp community.

https://poll-maker.com/poll4843478x77754cF9-149
Posted the poll here also to be visible

Edited by FuriousLight.9160
  • Like 7
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4

The one simple  change that would fix sPvP imo is actually have reports matter. It's hard to have a decent pvp scene when about half of the games played have an afker in them.

On the suggested change, I think 2v2 & 3v3 should always be available to queue for. At least normals. Not sure for ranked though.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Ban the wintraders, remove or split Ranked DuoQ, remove class-swapping completely, remove participation awards, and above all 𝖗𝖊𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖙.

Then salvation may be at hand. 

Increasing rewards is a mixed blessing because there's rewards given just for being there and doing nothing. Nobody deserves a reward just for being there, and its insulting to those who try to raise that reward.

2v2/3v3 being a separate permanent Ranked gamemode is a great idea only if DuoQ is removed in ranked 5v5 conquest. If 2v2/3v3 could be the team modes and 5v5 could be soloQ, then that's great. If mixed solo/duoq remains in either mode, then it would be another failure, not worth anyone's time.

• Like 5

Problem is there's no money being made from SPvP.  It's a cause and effect problem.  Which gamemode gives players absolutely no incentive to spend money on the game beyond the initial purchase of the game? SPvP. Which gamemode gets by and far the least amount of attention from the developers? SPvP.  If Anet could figure out a way to somewhat monetize SPvP without making it P2W, it might get more attention from the devs. If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions in that regards, please do share. Sadly I don't have any myself.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ronin.4501 said:

Problem is there's no money being made from SPvP.  It's a cause and effect problem.  Which gamemode gives players absolutely no incentive to spend money on the game beyond the initial purchase of the game? SPvP. Which gamemode gets by and far the least amount of attention from the developers? SPvP.  If Anet could figure out a way to somewhat monetize SPvP without making it P2W, it might get more attention from the devs. If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions in that regards, please do share. Sadly I don't have any myself.

The easiest way to monetize sPvP is to make it completly free.

As F2P stand alone PvP game (meaning all e-specs should be avalible without spending money, even if they could be also unlocked with PvP League Tokens), which can lure players into PvE, WvW and Gemstore Fashion Wars.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ronin.4501 said:

Battle passes with seasonal pvp sets and rewards. Problem solved. 

Why is this getting a confused react? It solves the issues. Battle passes are optional ways to spend money. This already exists in the form of a cash shop and is literally how the game sustains itself. It would be pvp specific drawing more players in. It would generate revenue for the mode - making it something worthy of Anet investing in. The battle passes and seasonal armor skins would require dev time. All three issues solved with one easy solution.

• Development team time and attention
  • Generating revenue
  • Increase player population
Edited by jdawgie.1835
Confused React.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Morwath.9817 said:

2v2 and 3v3 would be essential for me. I never could get 5 people outside of GW2 to play Conquest with together...

i mean ranked is solo/duo 

i would agree with bringing a permanent 2vs2/3vs3 season in a weekly changing cycle (with 1vs1 too) but it should be alongside conquest and conquest should be the priority for balancing

remove unranked, hide rating, show only badge. 2vs2 and 3vs3 are a better start for most casual and new players than 5vs5

1 hour ago, Avatar.3568 said:

i would agree with bringing a permanent 2vs2/3vs3 season in a weekly changing cycle (with 1vs1 too) but it should be alongside conquest and conquest should be the priority for balancing

remove unranked, hide rating, show only badge. 2vs2 and 3vs3 are a better start for most casual and new players than 5vs5

splitting the pvp community even more isnt a good idea. Its so tiny atm

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Guirssane.7082 said:

splitting the pvp community even more isnt a good idea. Its so tiny atm

As far as i can Tell many Mini season Player, are only playing the Mini season, the addicts Just Play because thay have nothing Else to do, what is way more Splitting the Playerbase is ranked and Uranked. There are many tryhards that have nothing better to do than Farming New Players and casuals With a fullstack

This is pure nonsense and let people quit Very fast PvP.

Having a permanent deathmatch Mode can be more appealing and a better way to learn the Combat, than Letting them Play conquest and getting them confused with all the nodes and how to rotate. You could still Lock conquest ranked behind PvP lvl 20

• Like 5

Big no to more rewards cause it would lead to more afk Farm. On the other Hand i would agree with more loot Just Like the higher your Rating the more loot. This way afkers would not get rewarded anymore. Only sad Thing would be ........ bad Players or players that are just Bronze, Silver would not get good rewards anyways^^

Sure, i missed the afk stuff and participation rewards, but i did mention "some balancing and tunning and this can go really well actually." in which there could go the afk stuff
In fact all the mentions could go in the balancing and tunning so the game mode would be fair and fun to play.

I've got an idea. Should have made this from the start but here we go
This could help us visualize the amount of people wanting 2v2/3v3 or conquest for spvp.

Depending on how many votes we have we could show this to someone who will try to help us be noticed and do something about it.
Is it a good idea ? Let me know and more ideas are welcome.
Thanks for all the responses so far, this makes me think people still care about pvp in this game which is awesome !

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Avatar.3568 said:

I don't think Conquest should be in centre of attention, as current sPvP popularity compared to other game modes is a result. Balance already got split between PvP game modes (sPvP & WvW), nothing prevents them for more spliting in case of need between Conquest and Deathmatch, or even Stronghold in case they would want to give it second chance.

• Confused 2

The big problem with SPvP is its not very much fun to play.  Its to easy for somew random idiot to one shot you with Condition damage.  people say "Power is actually busted."  Meanwhile, Where are all the power builds in SPvP?  They don't exist.  Why would you ever sit there and Auto atatck some one for 15 minute trying to kill them, When you can clip them twice and afflict them with 11 stacks of 9 different conditions each.

There is no skill.  Just condi-bomb the node for a free win.  Adding 2V2 and 3V3 would only further divide the nearly non-existent playerbase.  Not to menion 2V2 or 3V3 would be just as unfun as Ranked Conquest.  There wouldn't be any room to get away form the Condi-Bomb meta.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

11 hours ago, FuriousLight.9160 said:

I've got an idea. Should have made this from the start but here we go
This could help us visualize the amount of people wanting 2v2/3v3 or conquest for spvp.

Depending on how many votes we have we could show this to someone who will try to help us be noticed and do something about it.
Is it a good idea ? Let me know and more ideas are welcome.
Thanks for all the responses so far, this makes me think people still care about pvp in this game which is awesome !

I think its a good idea that encourages critical thinking and discussion, but it shouldn't be 2v2/3v3 or Conquest, it should be both.

Conquest should be the SoloQ-only arena, 2v2/3v3 should be teams(DuoQ/TrioQ respectively)

Both should be constantly active ranked modes with their own separate leaderboards and ratings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like 2v2 / 3v3 more than 5v5. You can queue with friends, guaranteeing you don't get wintraded or griefed. 

I also find Deathmatch more fun than Conquest... 

BUT we really need better maps for 3v3. The ones we have are too cramped, and the kiting spots are sorely lacking. If you get trained, there's not a whole lot you can do about it in terms of using terrain. If they have a comp that spams AOE's there's not much room to maneuver around them. 

Hell, if we get enough maps, maybe we could even impliment a system where the losing team can choose which map you fight on next, so they can gain a terrain advantage over the enemy comp. And lock in the current build of whichever team won. 

Basically, a system similar to what we use in fighting games. 

• Like 2

On 6/12/2023 at 7:03 PM, SevlisBavles.3059 said:

What PvP needs is for ArenaNet to actually care. CARE.

At best, they don't give a kitten about PvP. At worst, they would prefer to see it die so they won't have to spend resources maintaining it anymore.

Last PvP update was like 2016 or something for PvP .. they dont maintain anything and they for sure spend resources on everything else 

• Like 1

I would not mind if this removed one of the soft resets. Instead of like 9 weeks regular season 2 weeks mini season ... 11 weeks season - with all mods available. Prefer 5 vs. 5 conquest. (I'd even like bigger modes like 8 or 10 vs 8/10.) The team play aspect is fun. Vs. just killing like in death match. Soft resets are the worst. The rewards from the league chest could be adjusted so you'd get the same in the 11 weeks.

In the mini I go only there for the rewards. Play less good. (I am more in to map awareness and team play and strategy/tactics than raw combat.) And I just don't care. Surrender early. Just wanna do it since I still want to get the leage/seasonal track there as well - if possible. Might annoy people that want to play it more seriously though. And maybe it works the other way round for people that prefer death match ... with them in the main season in the 5 vs 5.

23 hours ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

I think its a good idea that encourages critical thinking and discussion, but it shouldn't be 2v2/3v3 or Conquest, it should be both.

Conquest should be the SoloQ-only arena, 2v2/3v3 should be teams(DuoQ/TrioQ respectively)

Both should be constantly active ranked modes with their own separate leaderboards and ratings.

Good point made there
I am not looking to get rid of conquest or something like that, that's why i said more rewards for conquest and 2v2/3v3  should have the same amount of rewards as conquest does now.
My initial intention was from the start to want to keep both and have them available all the time.
I am one of those that love 2v2/3v3 more than Conquest. But it's not like i hate conquest, it is still enjoyable, the thing is that for most people it's hard to have that map awareness. Some of them just want to smack heads after a long day at work or something like that but can't do it because 2v2 and 3/3 are locked for the duration of conquest seasons.
Poll was made to see how many people prefer ranked conquest or ranked 2v2/ 3v3

On 6/12/2023 at 9:27 PM, Ronin.4501 said:

You got a point here
As we all know making money in a pvp game without P2W is by selling skins.
Now i do have an idea for this that might work:
Have skins obtainable only in pvp ( some base version )
or
Have paid skins, with real money, usable only in pvp environment.

Don't get me wrong here, i am betting on the fact that people that see something that they like and might give a shot to pvp in hopes they would like it.
I am no expert in this stuff but this is a small idea that i came up on the spot. Maybe if refined or some ideas added to id will make it better.
Maybe even go to the path of battle passes for pvp ( ik, we don't like battle passes but the devs can't just work for free on a game mode that doesn't produce money)
Have the battle pass give additional pvp league tickets, pvp only skins at the end or other stuff worth mentioning.

There are ideas that can be put together to bring more people in pvp and to also make money out of it.
Our talk right here, all of us, proves that there are things that can be done for the pvp community to have  it together, play, enjoy and make the devs some money so that all can be happy at the end of the day.

Sure, they would invest time and stuff into these things, but that would be a start for them to make money out of it and not ignore it for ages as they did already.

Still, let the ideas and opinions flow guys. Things are worth mentioning. 

• Like 1

On 6/12/2023 at 10:12 PM, jdawgie.1835 said:

Battle passes with seasonal pvp sets and rewards. Problem solved. 

Why is this getting a confused react? It solves the issues. Battle passes are optional ways to spend money. This already exists in the form of a cash shop and is literally how the game sustains itself. It would be pvp specific drawing more players in. It would generate revenue for the mode - making it something worthy of Anet investing in. The battle passes and seasonal armor skins would require dev time. All three issues solved with one easy solution.

• Development team time and attention
  • Generating revenue
  • Increase player population

Said it more shortly

• Thanks 1