If you could remove any Profession from SPvP, Which profession would you remove?

Irastira.8643

Which class would you remove from SPvP?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Which class would you remove from SPvP?

• Warrior
    • Guardian
    • Revenant
    • Ranger
    • Thief
    • Engineer
    • Necromancer
    • Mesmer
    • Elementalist

Revenant in general. It doesn't fit the game, both in terms of style/lore/immersion, as well as mechanics. It just feels out of place and it has too many meme mechanics like utility skill spam, Glint heal, Vindi dodge spam, Renegade bow attacks that don't get projectile blocked/reflected and such.

Edited by SevlisBavles.3059
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

I play all classes with focus on mesmer, necro, ranger and warrior. I should hate thief the most but from a less subjective PoV ele is the most degen in terms of current power lvl but also general mechanics. The game would be way more fun, more skilled and instantly better balanced without ele in it. I would kinda miss every other class in the game but not ele at all.

Most annoying that ele for some weird reasons counts as hard to play because it has more buttons to use. Yes it adds a bit of skill floor (harder to get into as long as you try to learn the skills) but it is overall the most braindead spam and facetank class in the game. Boringly easy to play and annoying to play against. There is not a single build challenging to play imo, not even the squishier ones like fresh air. Too many broken carry mechanics on it.

Edited by ano nimo.3948
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I prefer to delete specific elite specs as all eod specs except specter/untamed (but those 2 would need hard nerfs to stay),

deadeye, scourge, scrapper, druid, dh, cata, weaver have by basic design unhealthy mechanics. 

If it needs to be a whole class than yes ele for sure.

Edited by doozer.7063
  • Like 4

Those were not the results I expected to see.

Didn't expect warrior to be that hated.  I mean, Its almost all ways been this middle of the road support class.  Not really good for forcing enemy players off a Node, dueling, or Securing objectives.  Its all ways just existed to make the other classes stronger. Which I don't feel like those other classes need the help.

Core Guardian back in the day was one of the most hated specs in the game.  They pretty much made Core Guard an Elite Spec.  It does virtually the same thing as core used to do.  I expected more hatred here.

Revenant, I have never had a problem with.  Most of the player base seems to be lacking in the braincells to use it.  Still. with the new elite spec, that untargetable 5K+ Damage on the whole enemy team is nasty and I am not surprised it has soured peoples opinion of Revenant.

I expected more people to hate Ranger.  I mean, People Dispise other classes and Specs that do virtually the exact same thing.  The only difference is, Ranger is still doing it.

That is about what I expected to see with Thief.  Look, I love Thief, but some on.  We hold no real value on a team other thne Run to enemy far, de-cap and then go back to Mid and try and interrupt an enemy player's heal/invul/burst or try to drop some one who is low.  Running between points is not exactly exciting gameplay.  It is also not fun for either team.  Like games seem to boil down to Whoever has the faster Thief.  Or, If the Thief can survive in a META where Dueling is critical.

I expected Engineer to get roasted in the polls.  Especially with the Mechanist Spec.  People really seem to hate it, At least as far as the SPvP lobby chatroom does.

I never really had an issue with Necromancer.  They seem fine and are probably one of the healthiest classes to exist in GW2.  They have stints where they were amazing, but for the most part, they are just Mid-high tier good. 

I expected Mesmer to get yeeted in this threat.  There is so much animocity and hate towards Mesmers.  Their playerbase is extremely toxic, and the profession feels overtuned.  They are a class that has no real weakness.  Want to Raid?  Mesmer.  Want to PvP? Mesmer.  Want to Duel?  Mesmer.  Want to be a Farmer? Mesmer.  Want to be a DPS God?  Mesmer.  Want to tank? Mesmer. I would be lying if I said I didn't want to wish this class would be removed.  All of the Professions that I play, enjoy playing, or want to play in the way that I want to play them are essentially useless.  Meanwhile Mesmer is at the Top of every ones "If you want to win, play Mesmer." list.  A High-Tier player once told me "A Mesmer can make 15 mistakes and be perfectly fine."

I didn't expect Elementalist to get yeeted like that.  As I said earlier, I expected Mesmer to get garbage compacted here.  Still, I completly understand why.  I mean, its clearly due to to the new Elite Spec.  However; I feel like Historically speaking, Elemental has never really seemed like all that problematic of a class.  They offer a lot to a team, but come at a high skill cap. Some METAs were annoying.  The Sith Lightning one was a head ache. "Ahaha, I am going to just Crit you 5 times in 1/10th of a second for 9K." More often then not though, Its an inoffensive class that just needs toning down.

I would say Historically speaking, Mesmer and Engineer have all ways presented a Balancing problem.  Wether its Core, Chronomancer, Mirage, or Virtuoso.  One thing is for sure, You're about to be one-shot.  From Engineer, we have seen plenty of unfun METAs spawn. Wether if its Power Hammer Holosmith, Condi-Burn Holosmith, Scrapper, Core-Condi Burn, Its been a consistent annoyance trying to deal with an Engineer.

Perspective is an interesting thing.  Our experiences shape who we are and our understanding of the world around us.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

14 hours ago, ano nimo.3948 said:

I play all classes with focus on mesmer and warrior. I should hate thief the most but from a less subjective PoV ele is the most degen in terms of current power lvl but also general mechanics. The game would be way more fun, more skilled and instantly better balanced without ele in it. I would kinda miss every other class in the game but not ele at all.

Most annoying that ele for some weird reasons counts as hard to play because it has more buttons to use. Yes it adds a bit of skill floor (harder to get into as long as you try to learn the skills) but it is overall the most braindead spam and facetank class in the game. Boringly easy to play and annoying to play against. There is not a single build challenging to play imo, not even the squishier ones like fresh air. Too many broken carry mechanics on it.

Boring, facetank class? Coming from a warrior and mesmer player? Golden.

Edited by Serephen.3420
  • Confused 4