Well, I lost interest in the class, maybe the game too.

Acanthus.8120

+1 on this one and I played almost since launch.

This has ruined the class for me. I don't play heal scourge, I play PvE condi dps scourge in raids/fractals/strikes. I don't have the highest apm anymore so for me, having to spam Sand Shades every 8 seconds instead of 20 seconds (which interrupts your auto-attack chain) while also having to spam shade skills every second for Dhuumfire on top of the regular abilities+utilities, that's just too much. I don't see why condi scourge needed another nerf, it was already C-tier or whatever and I rarely saw any in raids. I just played it because I enjoyed the playstyle. These changes take the fun away. 

I'm not quitting the game, I'm switching to condi virtuoso. It easily puts out 2-3k more dps on the golem without me even knowing the rotation properly, plus it has pierce + crazy utility + distortion + blocks. I suggest every dps scourge just moves away so ANet sees that nobody bothers with it anymore after this patch. Because I hope Scourge will come back from (un)death one day. I saw they listed in the patch notes that:

We will be making further adjustments on July 18, focusing on damage-focused scourge, alacrity-focused mirage, and alacrity-focused willbender builds, as well as tuning for changes from June as needed.

This gives me some hope. So, ANet, here you go: I will just not play my dps scourge until July 18 and I hope some of these nerfs will be reversed, or some other creative choice will be made that makes dps scourge feasible in endgame PvE content. It doesn't have to be meta. It just needs to be playable.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Necrovore.4712 said:

This gives me some hope. So, ANet, here you go: I will just not play my dps scourge until July 18 and I hope some of these nerfs will be reversed, or some other creative choice will be made that makes dps scourge feasible in endgame PvE content. It doesn't have to be meta. It just needs to be playable.

You're more optimistic than I am. Even if I had that level of hope though, it's still hugely disrespectful of our time and feedback (that they request) to invalidate our styles of play and to tell us to come back in 3 weeks and MAYBE they'll undo it.

• Like 19

Signets of Suffering reaper was my main and they destroyed it completely and replaced it with totally useless boon removal for PVE!

And no passive effects and nothing else left at all???

Yeah I will stop playing until my Signets of Suffering is reverted back as it was with boosting passives in shroud + extra boost in lifeforce regen!

Goodbye until then ...

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, Necrovore.4712 said:

I play PvE condi dps scourge in raids/fractals/strikes. I don't have the highest apm anymore so for me, having to spam Sand Shades every 8 seconds instead of 20 seconds

I'm in the same boat - its ridiculous. you can actually have zero shades up and have none available to cast WTF? A duration cut of more than half is TOO MUCH.  It needs some counter balance - more charges? faster CD - or hey  why not 20 SECONDS.

Looking at Dhuumfire  not even bothering. The only punishment I use is the stun brake one and I am not blowing that for some DPS.

• Like 8

Yep, this. My main was nerfed, and the changes to other specs are mostly made of fail. At the very least, nothing interesting enough to warrant switching.

ah well. Here's to not playing again until the next changes in August. One thing is sure, I don't have anywhere near enough trust left to be pre-ordering the expac. That seems immensely foolish at this point.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

I said this when they announced it.

I've uninstalled. Good try on releasing the Expansion teaser on the day you killed the only spec I truly enjoyed and made me play the game on a daily basis.

Since you couldn't care less about this specc, then I will return the favour of not caring about anything you put out Anet. 
To make it worse, you had several weeks of feedback about how bad this was, and you decided to go ahead anyway.

Goes to show how much you don't care.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

I just don't understand, they requested feedback, it was a preview... so that they could change stuff that was not needed... and yet after all that feedback, it arrived without a single change... why did they asked for feedback then? What was the point of this?

And if they don't change anything from previews... then why show them in the first place?

• Like 19

2 minutes ago, Maultrace.5761 said:

I just don't understand, they requested feedback, it was a preview... so that they could change stuff that was not needed... and yet after all that feedback, it arrived without a single change... why did they asked for feedback then? What was the point of this?

And if they don't change anything from previews... then why show them in the first place?

Just like voting, gives you the illusion that you make a difference. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

it would also benefit Anet to have separate people on PVE, WvW, and PvP balance teams. when changes spill over to one game mode or another, or affect all of them even, they make or break a build. the balance team has to consider the consequences of changing things in all game modes. balance patches would be received better if different teams were taking care of changes than putting a few people in charge on one team for all game modes.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Maultrace.5761 said:

Asumita hit the nail on the head, it is just like voting making gullible and brainwashed people think they have some say in what goes on. What's sad is there will be all these players that will just do the same thing the next balance patch giving feedback and then get upset when they realize the devs simply don't give a rip about the feedback, instead of cluing into reality.

The best thing players who are upset can do is simply quit playing and especially quit giving these guys money for gems or expansions. Maybe a nice loss of income will make them finally care, though they may still not. Don't ever underestimate the power of hubris and ego of people. If the devs think their silly changes are great then they may refuse to change them regardless if they were to start losing players hand over fist. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

• 2 weeks later...

For me, the 27 June update pretty much destroyed the class. While Necro was not my main class, I have several builds I enjoyed. I regularly help training raids or stikes with new players and my heal scourge was a go-to when I saw a group struggling hard, to help them get more of the fight and get used to the mechanics. It was one of the most fun things to do in between long waits for updates and expansions, and they just shredded it. Fun-style playing and the motivation to help new players advance is now reduced to another spam class that brings a boon that I personally don't even like that much. Alac and Quick is something that I would have preferred to never exist in the game and now every class needs to be able to wield it? It's frustrating that the playstyles I enjoy get completely erased. 

I understand that it was not something viable for WvW but why did the changes have to happen in PvE as well? I'd like to see the stats of a Rez scourge being used. Experianced groups would not even take them with, since the healing would be so bad and with their understanding of mechanics the rez option would not even be needed. But why take a niche healer, that was community friendly and enjoyable to play completely out of the game? 

I really hope they will revisit their nerfs on the rez options and boon corruption... but I doubt it, as all of the massive amounts of feedback, suggestions and alternatives went summarily ignored.

• Like 12

I always come and go from GW2, taking breaks for other games. When i heard they were doing another expansion or whatever, i got hyped up and started playing again, and was excited to preorder. But some of these necro changes just make the game less fun, like they weren't even changes where i was like "yeah, honestly that's fair". Scourge was very powerful, i had been anticipating some balancing at some point, but what's the deal with balancing be nerfing 10 different aspects of a build into the ground at the same time? That's not balance, that's hitting the pendulum with a baseball bat as far in the other direction as you can.

I'm not quite as pessimistic towards the devs as some folks on the forums, i do think they care about the game and might listen to feedback, BUT I also know that sometimes, even if they listen to feedback and know how the community feels, sometimes they leave certain things in a bad (or too good) state for waaaaay too long. 

So I guess I'm waiting on the preorder until I see the next round of balance changes, see if they address things a bit. Honestly, for me I really enjoyed a harb signet build that let me stay in shroud most of the time, and staying pretty buffed for the 10 seconds i was out before i could get back in. And that was pretty harshly impacted by the Signet change, which is the one nerf i have the least faith that they'll fix in good time. I expect a few adjustments to numbers/coefficients for scourge, but probably nothing for the signets.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Currently theory crafters with announced buffs dps scourge will do 42k dps, dps alac scourge will do 32k dps with 100% uptime. 

Rez bot hs was broken. It was broken in low skill groups and was left behind in high skill groups. Even though i miss that had a unique game mechanic, the current game design is for all classes the ablitiy to fill any role, power dps, condi dps, quickness, alac and healing.  I am looking forward to be able to play just 1 class in any content no matter the roll needed by the group.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

57 minutes ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

Currently theory crafters with announced buffs dps scourge will do 42k dps, dps alac scourge will do 32k dps with 100% uptime. 

Rez bot hs was broken. It was broken in low skill groups and was left behind in high skill groups. Even though i miss that had a unique game mechanic, the current game design is for all classes the ablitiy to fill any role, power dps, condi dps, quickness, alac and healing.  I am looking forward to be able to play just 1 class in any content no matter the roll needed by the group.

If I wanted to play "math meta" I would stick to Excel.

HScourge wasn't about doing 40K DPs and/or Alac/Quick wtv. 

It was a unique playstyle that got guttered and destroyed in favour of a much worse gameplay experience and an orange icon, to which scourge is now a slave to.

• Like 14
  • Confused 1

Rez bot scourge was broken, but now it's broken beyond repair.
If we even think about healing allies with transfution our ability to save a downed teammate is basically gone.

Pull ressing is reactive, regenerating health via transfution proactive.
One is something you wanna upkeep almost all the time, other something to be done in specific scenarios.
These should not be under same button.

And that's just another case of last patch's theme of "let's assign reactive plays to proactive mechcanics".

Edited by ZeftheWicked.3076
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1

For me, my frustrations go beyond them nerfing traits too heavily.  My main frustration is that there is just so much potential, but for some reason especially the balancing team is just too afraid to make big, creative changes that make things more fun. I believe the rest of Anet is actually doing decently well, but IMO the balancing and skills team have always been the weakest link by a mile. 

For a start, i am strongly under the impression that balancing devs always focus the specs they play themselves while not really caring/keeping other classes weak on purpose. Despite a ton of feedback, necro still has way too many traits and skills that are just utter trash. I like being creative which is why i still take these bad traits, but man do tank my dps hard. I’ve used staff in pve since forever, yes that includes even before the buffs. It took them 10 YEARS to give it a bandaid buff. It didn’t make it stand out, not really, no they just threw a bunch of high numbers at it and called it a day.

The problem I have with the balancing is that this is very common behavior. Instead of focusing on fun and then changing the numbers, they throw random numbers at skills and use whatever generates the least amount of backlash. That and i feel they’re just plain dishonest in their communication. They’ve had weeks to add the note to the preview that shade duration was going to change. On top of that, they kept saying they wanted to ‘tune healscourge down a bit’ and so their idea of nerfing one specific playstyle ‘a bit’ is pushing a blanket nerf that hits the entire espec by reducing the shade duration by more than half.

To me, this is dishonest communication. If they changed the shade duration to 18 seconds, yeah that would’ve been ‘a bit’. But they didn’t. If ritual of life went from 7% to 5%, that’d narrowly pass for ‘a bit’ but okay, fine. And when they do get ‘courageous’ to try ‘new’ things, they just absolutely massacre the signet trait to replace it with the most boring, anti-fun crap I’ve ever seen. Personally i loves running a funky power scourge build using diviner gear with feed from corruption. Yoink those boons while running dagger/warhorn. It was fun, not always effective but it was alright. Now they just obliterated many playstyles because they want to shoehorn in alacrity so badly so necro follows the bland pattern they created for themselves.

• Like 19

If the feedback is not inline with how Anet wants the game to work, of course they didn't adjust their plans.

Again ... the shade duration choice isn't some happy accident. It was purposefully chosen. But continue to ignore all that and think a volume of noise is what compels Anet to change their plans.  

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6