New Mesmer Weapon: Rifle

Sodeni.6041

1 minute ago, Curunen.8729 said:

oooooh this looks busted 😮 1200 ranged piercing daze ambush lol

https://i.imgur.com/G5zVwXL.png

Maybe that's why they're nerfing us so much. Because we get super "op" new toys in the expansion that with the current nerfs will be balanced when the expansion comes out.

And no that's not copium, i was just being sarcastic. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Veprovina.4876 said:

Maybe that's why they're nerfing us so much. Because we get super "op" new toys in the expansion that with the current nerfs will be balanced when the expansion comes out.

And no that's not copium, i was just being sarcastic. 😉

Need to sell it of course! 😄

• Haha 3

On 6/27/2023 at 5:19 PM, Veprovina.4876 said:

Well, that's nice to hear. Would a power mirage work in WvW? I might try it, i never really played power mirage. I mean, i got all the legendary armor and trinkets (finished 2 confluxes recently) so might as well play with some bulds.

I don't wvw but I also don't imagine Power Mirage will make any impact there outside of one specific build I know which is hilariously amazing for zerg pushing, and that's double GS split surge. You can go dom/dueling and really have fun with it.

Outside of that, if you go GS/Sword+Pistol you'd have to stick with a small group as that way you can be more of an offensive support through vuln application and massive CC chains. in spvp I take signet of domi and between that and magic bullet you can CC lock people from 100 to 0 provided you have a +1 with you.

On it's own however, Mirage is just sorely lacking still.

On 6/27/2023 at 5:21 PM, Curunen.8729 said:

oooooh this looks busted 😮 1200 ranged piercing daze ambush lol

https://i.imgur.com/G5zVwXL.png

sword+pistol/dagger+torch already in my mind 😭

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Waffles.5632 said:

I don't wvw but I also don't imagine Power Mirage will make any impact there outside of one specific build I know which is hilariously amazing for zerg pushing, and that's double GS split surge. You can go dom/dueling and really have fun with it.

Outside of that, if you go GS/Sword+Pistol you'd have to stick with a small group as that way you can be more of an offensive support through vuln application and massive CC chains. in spvp I take signet of domi and between that and magic bullet you can CC lock people from 100 to 0 provided you have a +1 with you.

On it's own however, Mirage is just sorely lacking still.

sword+pistol/dagger+torch already in my mind 😭

Well, time to put those legendaries to good use lol. 🙂

But i don't expect it to be on par with any other class right now.

unless mesmer's rifle gets 1500 range, it won't stand out that much in terms of range compared to our off-hands, greatsword, or staff lol. I predict it'll be a single-target weapon. 

I was half-expecting a main-hand pistol, off-hand dagger, or longbow even. 

• Like 5

On 6/27/2023 at 6:18 PM, Veprovina.4876 said:

Well, time to put those legendaries to good use lol. 🙂

But i don't expect it to be on par with any other class right now.

Yeah definitely set up the right expectations, it's a for fun build and that's about it! With Split Surge + IH, you will literally create a sea of numbers as your beams hit everyone. It will make your neurons activate. Not only damage but massive AOE vuln as well.

On 6/27/2023 at 6:33 PM, mirage.8046 said:

I wanted main hand pistol too, but I can see rifle working very well.

The only silver lining for me atm is perhaps Mirage will see the sun again when all these new weapon combos come out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chronometria.3708 said:

I strongly suspect that someone simply looked at the list of mesmer weapons and said "they need more ranged weapons" - not understanding that greatsword, for example, is actually a ranged two hander for mesmers.

2 hours ago, Eekasqueak.7850 said:

Would have kinda preferred hammer because mesmer has so much ranged weapons already. 

Hammer would also have been my preferred pick for a melee 2H being the one thing we don't have. Though fashion wars on rifle is cool.

I'm actually wondering as rifle was the original plan for chrono before they went with shield, if they already had some partial rifle design leftover from HoT, even if just on paper.

Hopefully this expansion sets a new standard and we see several other weapons becoming available in the next few years including pistol, a bow, hammer etc.

• Like 2

All that hype and forgetting that it's Anet.  🤪 😅

They could decide to make it a "melee" weapon, near-mid range at most.  Shotting  around you (near you) something like the Mirage Mirrors and with some skills that let you detonate/blast them with the butt or something else. About all if they ask CMC to design that one. The poor version of the Catalyst.   🤣🤣

🙄

• Like 2

10 hours ago, gancel.4502 said:

we already have long range GS and Dagger.

melee rifle would be fun.

• switch to rifle - confuse every one around you, including yourself lol
  • 5 skill different way of hitting enemies with rifle butt, adds confusion every time

Ranged GS and melee rifle. Enemies will get “confused” 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't get why Mesmer is getting rifle and not shortbow tbh.

If there were even a slight possibility they were saving weapons for especs, maybe, but I doubt it.

One of the weirdest weapon additions choices, along with dual pistols Guardian and shortbow Engineer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, chronometria.3708 said:

I strongly suspect that someone simply looked at the list of mesmer weapons and said "they need more ranged weapons" - not understanding that greatsword, for example, is actually a ranged two hander for mesmers.

tbh im hoping rifle will be a melee weapon for mesmer that they use to bash people like a hammer 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, mirage.8046 said:

unless mesmer's rifle gets 1500 range, it won't stand out that much in terms of range compared to our off-hands, greatsword, or staff lol. I predict it'll be a single-target weapon. 

With the greatsword being a ranged weapon, I wouldn't be surprised if they do a complete 180 and the rifle turns out to be a melee weapon lmao

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sodeni.6041 said:

Totally! Main-hand pistol would be weird for a new elite specialization since we can already use pistol in our off-hand. This expansion would have been the perfect time to give us core main-hand pistol.

I don't quite understand this, Willbender got an off-hand sword, Soulbeast got a mainhand dagger.  

4 hours ago, Varis.5467 said:

With the greatsword being a ranged weapon, I wouldn't be surprised if they do a complete 180 and the rifle turns out to be a melee weapon lmao

I think that could be really interesting, nothing but shotgun blasts & butt strikes.  Maybe a tether and grappling hook type of effect... 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1