Elementalist Getting Main Hand Pistol in Expansion 4! Whats your ideas for how it could work?

Knighthonor.4061

I predict that the 1 and 2 pistol skills will be 130 yard range melee abilities where you enchant the pistol with an element and then slap the enemy. The 3rd weapon skill will be the same across all elements, and you still enchant the pistol with an element, but instead of slapping the enemy, you throw it at them. It will have a 600 yard range. Very much a traditional mage vibe. 😉

• Like 4
  • Haha 11
  • Confused 1

I was so badly hoping for another two hander, and something more aesthetically pleasing than a pistol. Why does guardian get dual pistols and ele only get one though?🥲

I guess we can at least use other espec weapons now. That'll be interesting, could warhorn cata open up a more realistic heal build? And how will hammer weaver play? I feel it'll do better than hammer cata😅

Guess we'll wait and see.

That said I'm really glad they are not only adding new weapons but unlocking elite spec weapons. I'll say that even that is already looking better than I thought.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Serephen.3420 said:

I was so badly hoping for another two hander, and something more aesthetically pleasing than a pistol. Why does guardian get dual pistols and ele only get one though?🥲

Probably has to do with them not wanting to design 8 more skills for ele. 

• Sad 4

If pistol was the Catalyst e-spec weapon instead of hammer I would have actually been thrilled because the EoD specs are - at least thematically - technologically inclined.

For core elementalist though, I am not gonna lie, I don't feel very excited. My best guess is that they wanted to give ele a ranged option to appeal to the requests on various Gw2 board (including this forum). And that while other weapon may have been considered at first, It is reasonable to point out that every other classical range weapon are two handed and designing 20 base skills + 6 dual skills for weaver + the 6 dual skill for hammer is maybe quite a lot of work for a singular profession. Read this sentence with a sad longbow noise please. 😄

*sigh* Still, I may have preferred it with elemental arrow but infusing cartridges with elemental propriety is a concept that still somewhat speaks to me. I expect some short range cone attack and explosive shell in fire, mid range shenanigan and a tazer gun CC attack in air, some healing water pistol and ice shard in water, and I guess stone bleeding pellets in earth... you know the usual. Give it enough defensive potential and it may see plays in sPvP and WvW roaming.

I also don't feel too hot about giving every e-spec weapon to the core class. Sure it would be fun to try things out for a couple of day, but I am afraid it will lead to a big homogenizing apocalypse where everyone plays Sword/Warhorn (or whatever the flavor of the patch is) not to mention it is one less way to balance e-spec.

Edited by Guybrush.4762
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Eekasqueak.7850 said:

Yes and Pistol would be 8 more on top if it's both main and off hand.

Yeah thats why I agree with you, another 8 would probably be too much...

...Although the Weaver Hammer skills are already in the game technically I guess for the upcoming beta so maybe it wouldn't have been that much work considering their just basically 2x the orbs lol.

9 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

I like to know if weaver going to get more duel skills for the main hand pistol (as well as hammer but i do not see that one happening.)

The Hammer Dual skills are already in the game, check your weapon skills in the Hero Panel. They're all listed as Dual Orbit: [ele1] x [ele2].

Pistol will get dual skills too.. otherwise weaver isn't..weaver lol

How about the following attacks?

Fire:

- Auto: Shoots three bullets in a row which may inflict burning while you get to 90range with every attack. If you are not, you get ported 90 range closer.

- Skill 2: Imba-Smacker. You use your pistol and smack the kitten out of the enemy. Gives might.

- Skill 3: Shotgun. Shotgun inflicts devastating damage at 90 range, but gets 90% weaker if it is being fired by further away.

Water:

- Auto: Works like the ice thrower of the end boss of caudecus mansion wearing the similar weapon minus freeze. Can heal allies. Range: 90

- Skill 2: Water explosion. Works like one, so should be great. Range: 90

- Skill 3: Water slicer. Shoots three water slicing projectiles at close range which inflict bleeding

And so on.

Who said that Elementalist wouldn't need another melee spec? I am quite confident, because we never got any melee spec in any kind of addon yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

ignoring the low hanging fruit of "melee pistol" and going for more reasonable pistol kits

900 range on all attunements.
fire will be like a magnum, slower fire rate but powerful shots
air will be like a uzi, faster firing skills with possible cone aoes for that spray and pray.
earth probably more like normal 9mm pistols.
water, flare gun. kinda like engie mortar kit.

• Haha 1

Regardless of what the actual reason is for them choosing main hand pistol, I feel like not going with longbow when ele players have wanted it for years is just laughably bad optics at this point. They could have the most logical reason in the world, but after catalyst, it just seems spiteful to not throw the players a bone for one of the least played professions. Meh 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, crosknight.3041 said:

ignoring the low hanging fruit of "melee pistol" and going for more reasonable pistol kits

900 range on all attunements.
fire will be like a magnum, slower fire rate but powerful shots
air will be like a uzi, faster firing skills with possible cone aoes for that spray and pray.
earth probably more like normal 9mm pistols.
water, flare gun. kinda like engie mortar kit.

Sounds like scepter autos🥲