Since Guardian's getting both MH & OH pistol, are there more Warrior enjoyers than me still wanting MH pistol as well?

Deadran.7345

Since Guardian's getting both MH & OH pistol, are there more Warrior enjoyers than me still wanting MH pistol as well?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Warrior to get MH pistol?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Depends. (Please share your thoughts)
    • MH Shield when?

12 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Probably basically everyone.

I would temper that, however, with the observation that warrior getting a suitable support weapon is probably more important, so in that context I'm fine with staff being prioritised over MH pistol. Hopefully that might come in the next round.

Yeah I'm excited for the *Staff* and to see in which way we'll utilize it, among what else we'll do. (Hoping for spear-ish use of the staff but it's fine if it's more of a brawling ish/slam the ground thing. Maybe aoe spinning, please no.
But hopefully since they're doing a quarterly update thing now they could add MH pistol around december after the xpac's been out for quite some time.

Honestly at this point... ive put 90% of my playtime into warrior and honestly with the news of guardian getting Pistol Pistol.. Honestly thinking about dropping warrior all together. Every patch that makes changes to the balance always seems to leave warrior behind, an instance of this can easily be seen in simply allowing all classes to use their elite spec weapons. Warriors weapons just do not work well with their other elite specs. Elementalist however has a total field day with Sword and Warhorn being insanely strong for burst DPS.
Also due to Warrior getting two elite specs with only offhand weapons... its options are very limited for builds using the new weapons... This would be a totally different story if warrior got the mainhand pistol...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I'm curious for Staff but not excited. It just feels like a shut up toy you buy a kid in the check out isle. 

I think Sceptar could been a support MH. There is no rule that it would all have to be range. Like the Rev's Hammer taking a melee weapon and make it range. You could have taken a traditional range weapon and make it Melee. Perhaps with a big AoE burst.

I welcome whatever new toys we get I would love to see Anet break the mold a bit more..MH Torch...MH Sheild.

Edited by Xperiment.6923
  • Thanks 1

Honestly, everything depends on the implementation. I’d love pistol, it could fill a good niche on Warrior. So would staff. Depending on how they’re implemented.

Im satisfied with the announcement of staff, but my opinions are muted because we literally don’t know anything about it. 

• Like 1

These threads are so garbage. What do you even want pistol to do? These threads never specify, so everyone imagines their perfect OP weapon and you've successfully baited upvotes. 

If you want a good ranged weapon, make posts about how Rifle should be way better than it is now - that's significantly more likely to happen than Anet pivoting away from whatever they're designing now for Staff to fulfill people's roleplay wishes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

These threads are so garbage. What do you even want pistol to do? These threads never specify, so everyone imagines their perfect OP weapon and you've successfully baited upvotes. 

If you want a good ranged weapon, make posts about how Rifle should be way better than it is now - that's significantly more likely to happen than Anet pivoting away from whatever they're designing now for Staff to fulfill people's roleplay wishes.

A ranged mainhand weapon could be combined with a support offhand like Warhorn to be able to support at a distance, or a defensive offhand like shield that you can swap to when you're under pressure and need to kite for a bit, or a number of other things you couldn't do with rifle or longbow however much they get buffed.

• Like 2

I voted for depends since Warrior allready get near every weapon of the Game allready. They simply might want to be able to gain us new things everytime they bring new weapons in cause on time warr would be left with no new weapons Option available ^^

There are also some trends. Existing MH pistols are condi-based, have some sort of volley skill (normally skill 2, but skill 3 on thief) and some sort of CC (normally soft, but harbinger is hard CC). Any future MH pistol is probably more likely to follow a similar template than not.

So it's not exactly a blank slate.

I would agree that a "which would you prefer" poll would be more useful. I think there was one a while back, though, which had staff and MH pistol on top.

8 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

There are also some trends. Existing MH pistols are condi-based, have some sort of volley skill (normally skill 2, but skill 3 on thief) and some sort of CC (normally soft, but harbinger is hard CC). Any future MH pistol is probably more likely to follow a similar template than not.

So it's not exactly a blank slate.

I would agree that a "which would you prefer" poll would be more useful. I think there was one a while back, though, which had staff and MH pistol on top.

People overwhelmingly did not want another melee power weapon in that same poll.

Warrior will only ever get a MH pistol in some future, probably far away, expansion. It is bad that a weapon master with a so specialization in guns, don't actually use a gun in main hand. I just chalk it up as a lazy decision for a future solution that will hype us up much later... with plenty of "FINALLY we get a MH pistol1!1"

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Shprokets.9746 said:

Warrior will only ever get a MH pistol in some future, probably far away, expansion. It is bad that a weapon master with a so specialization in guns, don't actually use a gun in main hand. I just chalk it up as a lazy decision for a future solution that will hype us up much later... with plenty of "FINALLY we get a MH pistol1!1"

In GW3.

• Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

There's a nagging feeling in players' minds that rifle won't be buffed because it is core, free, while a new expansion's upcoming feature weapon might be good.

• Like 1

As to making rifle good that depends on the game mode I suppose. With the rune rework and introduction of relics we may be able to put together a power/condition duration setup that would make it shine in PvP/WvW, but that would be useless in instanced PvE.

I think the current version of rifle needs better trait support. Pistol will become available to core in August, so that is then 3 weapons that warrior has 'explosions' for. I think it is worth adding more explosion tags to rifle's bar and then building in some core trait support for explosions into Arms.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Smoosh.2718 said:

Honestly at this point... ive put 90% of my playtime into warrior and honestly with the news of guardian getting Pistol Pistol.. Honestly thinking about dropping warrior all together. Every patch that makes changes to the balance always seems to leave warrior behind, an instance of this can easily be seen in simply allowing all classes to use their elite spec weapons. Warriors weapons just do not work well with their other elite specs. Elementalist however has a total field day with Sword and Warhorn being insanely strong for burst DPS.
Also due to Warrior getting two elite specs with only offhand weapons... its options are very limited for builds using the new weapons... This would be a totally different story if warrior got the mainhand pistol...

Yea, ele has field day with sword warhorn

guardian with lb and OH sword

rev with SB and GS, etc

shield on virt

warrior is just like meh...

even if warrior got guardian's off hand sword like weapon, it wouldn't be this bad,

I've since betrayed to the blue side of the force, and i'll be P U R G I N G H E R E S Y with my dual blasters, but i still feel for my Warrior comrades.

The issue with a good MH Pistol is that Anet did us incredibly dirty with OH Pistol so forget dual wielding it with anything cool. Sure, Shield is awesome for those Riot Officer feels but it stills feel a bit off, like nothing besides Warhorn will support a ranged MH weapon. Anet went too deep with the melee fantasy.

But like, it's clear they're going probably with the route of every class having every weapon ( FINALLY )  so we might get something good with Focus down the road.

First off, screw the polls. Polls ain't s---. Polls on forums are just there to manufacture opinions in favor of the poll maker.

Second, in a sane world where gw2 was actually competent in its management, warrior would get both main-hand pistol AND staff and maybe even a new weapon! But we don't live in that sort of world do we?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shadowpeixera.2918 said:

I've since betrayed to the blue side of the force, and i'll be P U R G I N G H E R E S Y with my dual blasters, but i still feel for my Warrior comrades.

The issue with a good MH Pistol is that Anet did us incredibly dirty with OH Pistol so forget dual wielding it with anything cool. Sure, Shield is awesome for those Riot Officer feels but it stills feel a bit off, like nothing besides Warhorn will support a ranged MH weapon. Anet went too deep with the melee fantasy.

But like, it's clear they're going probably with the route of every class having every weapon ( FINALLY )  so we might get something good with Focus down the road.

In other words, you went with the class that fulfills the actual melee fantasy.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

In other words, you went with the class that fulfills the actual melee fantasy.

Honestly, i still enjoy Warrior greatly, and i think it fulfills the fantasy well with it's weapon impacts and sound design. It's just that the class design is all over the place.

Bursts should be long cooldown finishing moves that are basically "i-win" buttons, not mandatory rotation skills that the Warrior feels incomplete without them. The Warrior should be able to stand it's ground solely with it's weapons and utilities, you know, like GUARDIAN does? The problem is that burst skills end up being not an additional mechanic that makes the Warrior stronger, they are a core mechanic that turns the Warrior weaker without it. We are always at our weakest at the start of a fight, ou skills usually rely on connecting to actually have it's effects, and in the boon/condivomit of Aegis, Blind, Cripple, Reflects, etc, several of our skills just won't hit.

Add that to the fact that Warriors have pretty outdated weapondesigns like Sword and Mace, and several weird/dead talents ( Ambidexterity for instance, but the Mace talent comes to mind too ), and you just feel for the class.

And this is more of a personal opinion, but i find Warrior talents to be really boring to an extent. We don't have cool proc effects like creating ground shatters, or electric fields, or orbital strikes, or smashing a hammer with glacial power. We just hit things harder without any visual conveyance. When they made the Hammer pass, i was hoping they made Hammer a area control weapon where you would create a ground quake area that crippled enemies and gave you Quickness, so basically you would be extremely strong in the area you just created. Alas, it was just quickness and hitting people in the chin.

Add also to all that the fact that most balancing decisions to the class are baffling: Spellbreaker loses a lot of it's boon removal on a game where you can fart 25might easily, Berserker and Memesworn get Quick/Alac instead of Spellbreaker, and Memesworn is one of the weirdest most clunk specs to play, banners, etc. There were ways to fix banners that didn't involve that disgusting rework. I 'think' they're fine now? Can't say, haven't played Warrior in a bit.

When Anet allows Guardians to yield banners, i cannot wait to see how much superior they'll be to Warrior banners.

I don't know if this is a CMC problem or a Anet problem but the class really needs a representative that plays it and understands it, both for casual play and competitive play. And i don't think that exists right now. It just feels like it's a class that gets collateral balance.

• Like 2