[deleted]

16 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

no class should be mandatory, thief was omega busted and cata being more OP is no excuse 

Man I hated the thief meta, the other 4 players couldn't do kitten and the better thief won, so 8 people were there to make the fun of 2 people and act as PVE mobs, the other options was heavy coordination that ain't gona happen or bunker up the whole team and deny the thief their mobility, but as we all know bunker play is boring asf and no one likes it.
Cata reminds me more of the PoF scourge meta, cause your boons didn't work and you got all the conditions on you and even then scourge needed Firebrand, Cata can do it all by itself. Ele has become the traffic jam profession, you need like 30 seconds till you can actually do damage to them but sure as kitten they can damage you. But it does feel like the thief meta somewhat cause you have to play niche build to even have a chance to do something, I really hate being force to play kitten builds just so I can play the game and fill my bar with crappy skills that have very specific purpose.

Currently the counter build for Cata has to have AOE condition circles and be kinda bunkerish which sounds like kittening WvW zergling build and they have always been making the game suck, the fun part is that those also got nerfed previous patch and the only option is to stop playing the game the way I look at it.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Man I hated the thief meta, the other 4 players couldn't do kitten and the better thief won, so 8 people were there to make the fun of 2 people and act as PVE mobs, the other options was heavy coordination that ain't gona happen or bunker up the whole team and deny the thief their mobility, but as we all know bunker play is boring asf and no one likes it.
Cata reminds me more of the PoF scourge meta, cause your boons didn't work and you got all the conditions on you and even then scourge needed Firebrand, Cata can do it all by itself. Ele has become the traffic jam profession, you need like 30 seconds till you can actually do damage to them but sure as kitten they can damage you. But it does feel like the thief meta somewhat cause you have to play niche build to even have a chance to do something, I really hate being force to play kitten builds just so I can play the game and fill my bar with crappy skills that have very specific purpose.

Currently the counter build for Cata has to have AOE condition circles and be kinda bunkerish which sounds like kittening WvW zergling build and they have always been making the game suck, the fun part is that those also got nerfed previous patch and the only option is to stop playing the game the way I look at it.   

ye, and the only way thief could die is by not only kittening up but also to other thief, as nothing could even pretend to keep up.
or the good old days where headshot spam was hitting for 3k, so thief would run w+m1 at people and repeatedly rupt anything for free damage 😄

23 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Just wait till MAT, when semis and finals are 100% full of 5x Ele teams.

If I played ele, I'd make sure I didn't do that in order to avoid the nerfs 🙂

How does ele do into warrior on a side node these days?   I have the worst time trying to kill BS's (which is BS) and solid SB's with my build.  

2 hours ago, shion.2084 said:

If I played ele, I'd make sure I didn't do that in order to avoid the nerfs 🙂

How does ele do into warrior on a side node these days?   I have the worst time trying to kill BS's (which is BS) and solid SB's with my build.  

If you're playing cata, you shouldn't have too much trouble with SBs.  Most of them rely on stun-locking you in order to win, which shouldn't be a problem with the amount of stability spam cata can put out.  I've never had any issues with BSs.

20 hours ago, Unbanme.8925 said:

we are fast approaching pvp singularity, in which all classes will merge with and become elementalist 

Tbf thats not even far from the truth. Untamed doing range/melee damage, warriors with more sustain than support, and cross weapons soon which will bring more of the same, 1 spec does it all gameplay.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Confused 1