So ranger still garbage in WvW?

anduriell.6280

Talking about the beta thing where they could use staff and hammer. 

Maybe soubeast with staff and hammer? Did anybody played around it ? 

Please spare me the "but roamin.." roaming is dead in wvw, i am talking about guild squads / zergs . 

Edited by anduriell.6280
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, floppypuppy.5789 said:

Probably the wrong place to ask that question since this forum is 99% only-roamers. 

An active GvG discord would be your best bet to find people who critically experiment and analyze, if you can find one.

Yeah...I can see that from the amount of kid emojis....despite power dmg nerfs and their cele immortal carebear bunker jokes...there are people who still die to rangers in a straight 1vs1...which is the only scenario ranger does decent enough to be worth logging on. To answer the OP, just go metabattle and then play 1 week in T1.....every winning zerg is like 30% scrappers, 25% hfb, 15% tempest , 10% necros of all sorts and remaining 10% renegades/vindicators ...and yeah "roaming meta" is again scrappers, with occasional holosmith, cele willies , shadow thieves with speedy gonzales build or sword22222222 build and ofc cele herpes supported by tempest...fewer cata, few nerfs and carebears went back cele renegade,willy banger.

Oh yeah....no gank team uses rangers, unless it's some tryhard band of douches healing a silly sic em soulbeast...and yeah you can still make mad some kids with your druid bunker or tower sic'em...basically you better pray for hammer soulbeast to be somehow decent frontline....for couple of months ofc before it get nerfed for doing too much of the only thing he does...damage...then it's all back to scrapper meta...the end

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2

On 7/10/2023 at 9:47 AM, anduriell.6280 said:

Please spare me the "but roamin.." roaming is dead in wvw, i am talking about guild squads / zergs . 

Naming the topic "So ranger still garbage in zergs?" might have helped with this.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/10/2023 at 2:47 PM, anduriell.6280 said:

Talking about the beta thing where they could use staff and hammer. 

Maybe soubeast with staff and hammer? Did anybody played around it ? 

Healing Druid. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It actually is. 

You can see a lot of guilds already starting to adapt Druid into their comps. it has quite a good healing- and cleansing-output, while "lingering Light" basically eliminates the Cooldown of CA. Put the group-stunbreak in CA from Glyph of Alignment on top, as well als the CA-Version from Glyph of the stars, and you have almost everything you need from a second-support.

The only downside of Druid is basically the difficulty. You really have to know how to play well around your CA, when you use it, otherwise you're getting into the issue of not recovering Astral Force quickly enough. 

And, in general: the better organized the squad is, the more effective the Druid becomes. As a result, it may not be as suitable for public-zerging as tempest, but can become extremely strong for guilds. 

Druid went from a cheese elite with roots and glyph of the stars carrying any Zerg clash to something that can really do some damage. 

Before the best you hope for was to lock down the tail of a zerg but now you can straight up murder anyone who gets left behind essentially outside the condition cleanse pulses.

I made a video, and wrote a calculation document (called a Healing Efficacy calculation) for a typical Heal Druid Zergling. Hopefully helps you guys feel more comfortable about playing it!

Link to the Calculation document https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vD6AufXfWL-CdhLZ7KesZiApd6sU-czq5inqpJkfOPY/edit?usp=sharing

Build Links:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwEYiNssCmDbBrELXJvWaJ37K-zVJYjRtfhkUIVdFmeC47BI09wrBBbWAA-w

[&DQQeFxkeBSmhAAAAuBIAANUSAAAAAAAAtBIAAAVCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=]

Mind, this is my 2nd time playing druid in the past 10 years (28 hours /age) so your gonna see some noobery like my pet being dead the whole fight (cause I don't actually have a second pet to swap lol) but I think you can tell that the performance due to these calculations outweighs the noobery you'll see. 

Edited by JusticeRetroHunter.7684
  • Confused 1