DPS power creep is out of control - all content before IBS dies too fast to even be remotely fun

Kozumi.5816

11 hours ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

good thread about this

A firm reminder that all the balance decisions Anet has done has lead up to this point. This is where are now. 

Anyone who understood what the combat changes will bring post soto saw this coming a mile away.

Edited by Thevaultdwellinggamer.4267
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 7/21/2023 at 8:31 PM, Batalix.2873 said:

EDIT: also reducing the baseline is...a dangerous path. If you go too far removing punishment for bad decision-making, you get a game like FFXIV which has such a negligible difference between DPS floor and ceiling.

The only reason why FF XIV dps difference might seem negligible to you is because you are used to the absurd gaps that are a norm in GW2. Except it's the GW2 that is an outlier here. Also, i find it funny how you point to FF XIV as an example of bad design when as far as instance content goes it's vastly better (and vastly more popular) than in GW2 - and the smaller dps gaps in FF XIV are one of the reasons for why it's so.

• Like 5
  • Confused 6

41 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

The only reason why FF XIV dps difference might seem negligible to you is because you are used to the absurd gaps that are a norm in GW2. Except it's the GW2 that is an outlier here. Also, i find it funny how you point to FF XIV as an example of bad design when as far as instance content goes it's vastly better (and vastly more popular) than in GW2 - and the smaller dps gaps in FF XIV are one of the reasons for why it's so.

As Final Fantaty 14 player, I strongly support your statement

• Like 4
  • Confused 6

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

And FFXIV only had to do one thing to get where it's at: remove all non-aesthetic customization options.

Edited by Leo G.4501
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

You can always sub to play FFXIV. I want to play GW2.

FFXIV instanced content isn't that popular, it's an erp dress up story game.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

You can always sub to play FFXIV. I want to play GW2.

FFXIV instanced content isn't that popular, it's an erp dress up story game.

Where Final Fantasy has Profession/Job Roles and Identify with The Holy Trinity As Its Cornerstone

Guild Wars 2 has neither. its a Bad Design game  

by the way, did you know that Square Enix was so inspired with Guild Wars (1) using Npc's  in dungeons, without needing to have actual; players to run dungeons that, they also adopted it in Final Fantasy 14?

So much calling out on Square Enix-Final Fantasy 14  being a "dress up story game", players can choose to have Npc's run dungeons with them or with having real players running dungeons with them. So much for the players experiences......you say

Poke fun at Square Enix anyway you want but one thing for sure... which earn Square Enix the Respect and Honor in the gaming industry is that they value and invest in the players experience before profit and greed.

Reminder: what was Square Enix solution with Final Fantasy 14 releasing as a Bad Design Toxic Game? They Redesigned, Reworked Final Fantasy 14

"To add icing on the cake", Square Enix even Apologized to the Final Fantasy Community for not putting the players experience first and for ignoring the players rooted concerns for the game.

So I encourage you to Honor Square Enix the Respect that they deserve for caring about the players experiences.

Thank You~

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 7

7 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

"Better" is definitely subjective, given that nearly all unique abilities have been pruned into railroaded rotations, the roles have largely been homogenized, many combat/buildcraft subsystems have been obviated or outright eliminated, and the whole structured party system totally falls apart when tanks carry the entire clear solo.

Edited by Batalix.2873
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

That" not that popular" content has more players playing it than GW2 has players total. Just saying.

It does not. FF14 isn't as popular the cultists try to pretend it is.

Edited by Shiyo.3578
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

Where Final Fantasy has Profession/Job Roles and Identify with The Holy Trinity As Its Cornerstone

Guild Wars 2 has neither. its a Bad Design game  

by the way, did you know that Square Enix was so inspired with Guild Wars (1) using Npc's  in dungeons, without needing to have actual; players to run dungeons that, they also adopted it in Final Fantasy 14?

So much calling out on Square Enix-Final Fantasy 14  being a "dress up story game", players can choose to have Npc's run dungeons with them or with having real players running dungeons with them. So much for the players experiences......you say

Poke fun at Square Enix anyway you want but one thing for sure... which earn Square Enix the Respect and Honor in the gaming industry is that they value and invest in the players experience before profit and greed.

Reminder: what was Square Enix solution with Final Fantasy 14 releasing as a Bad Design Toxic Game? They Redesigned, Reworked Final Fantasy 14

"To add icing on the cake", Square Enix even Apologized to the Final Fantasy Community for not putting the players experience first and for ignoring the players rooted concerns for the game.

So I encourage you to Honor Square Enix the Respect that they deserve for caring about the players experiences.

Thank You~

Bro, I've been with SE for too long. I started playing MMOs through FFXI. Criticizing something doesn't have to equal calling them out. FFXIV has it's pros AND it's cons, no need to kitten ride the pros while ignoring the cons.

I don't have to honor anyone. I already paid money.

• Like 3

Everything that is happening today was already predicted 8years+ ago. History knew that Anet would ignore them; its core root problems. History shows that there is a Profession, one Profession whohas been the driving force of Power Creep, Bad Design, Toxicity, Abuse, Exploits, Broken Meta's, Broken Builds, Bad Design Profession, Stealth Mechanic, One Shot, Instant Kills.. since the beginning of Guild Wars 2.

This Profession is Thief Profession.

This Profession-Thief Profession...Anet Most Toxic Profession, was designed to have the Meta be built aground it. To make sure the Meta does not affect Thief Profession, Anet designed Thief Profession with the highest Immunity to defect-damage and with securing Thief Profession with the highest 'get out of jail free card' mobility including equipping it with the most broken Stealth Mechanic in the gaming industry.

Anet designed Thief Profession to be The Meta and this why the meta must die, This is why Thief Profession and Stealth Mechanic must be removed to save the game. In addition to Mesmer Profession who must be removed as well.

Here a preview from the past of the next level of Power Creep 

Lastly, only with having a new Balance Team with a new Philosophy...will build a new entire Thief Profession... who is built around healthy, fair competition. Not excluding...having a new Stealth Mechanic which is built around fair counterplay and to be exclusive to only Thief Profession.

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

In an ideal world, 30k would be the absolute top, and the difference between rotation and "just stand there and AA" would be ~50%, not 200, but alas...

It's around 100% for a lot of builds, ~20k with AA only, ~40k benchmark (numbers before SotO).

3 minutes ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

I want to remind Anet of Guild Wars root

Ok let's not bring GW1 into this. GW1 had massive powercreep too in PvE and later on in life you can literally auto walk and your 7 heroes would afk clear the vast majority of content for you. Is just not as obvious since damage is not as important but rather cc/interrupt/defense in general. How does something like save yourselves get introduced I dunno man.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Some people are weird, its like saying give all mobs 1 hp else its too hard for new players and unfun.

Isn't the combat system of gw2 one of the funnest things in the game?

Why do you want to eliminate every possibility to actually use it?

And yes Power powercreep is also a problem where people do not engage with the combat system.

Another fun story for new players: I had to do a heart in core map with 2 new players.

I had a longbow and one-shot everything with auto attack.

One of the new players rage quitted because he couldn't t get a hit on them before I nuked the kitten out of the mobs.

So yeah powercreep much fun ...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, garkos.2973 said:

Some people are weird, its like saying give all mobs 1 hp else its too hard for new players and unfun.

Isn't the combat system of gw2 one of the funnest things in the game?

Why do you want to eliminate every possibility to actually use it?

And yes Power powercreep is also a problem where people do not engage with the combat system.

Another fun story for new players: I had to do a heart in core map with 2 new players.

I had a longbow and one-shot everything with auto attack.

One of the new players rage quitted because he couldn't t get a hit on them before I nuked the kitten out of the mobs.

So yeah powercreep much fun ...

Good point.

What i keep hearing is, that new players have an easier start in endgame, especially raiding, with all the buffs.

If I would start raiding now as new player, I would feel kind of dumbfounded to be honest. Bosses die in like two minutes, end bosses in maybe five and cant do much. To be honest, that stuff would bore me pretty fast if I would be new.

• Like 1