bro seriously what the actual f is going on? ANET?? NCSOFT?? CMC?? ANYBODY?? HOTFIX CATA!!

Eddie.9143

• Eddie.9143 changed the title to bro seriously what the actual f is going on? ANET?? NCSOFT?? CMC?? ANYBODY?? HOTFIX CATA!!
5 hours ago, Poelala.2830 said:

It’s not unanimous because I think ele is fine.

Yeah, if you cant win your match just get more catas for the next one. At 5v5 catas, it will finally be a skill based match. Its kinda genius when you think about it, dont have to balance the game anymore if one build destroys everything else - everyone plays that build and the game is balanced.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Poelala.2830 said:

It’s not unanimous because I think ele is fine.

9 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

You are a brave man.  May the forum have mercy on you. 

Nah I think he's right on the money, for reasons not at all related to antagonizing people 💀🍿

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

Bro, it's 5 days to the patch, calm down.

what you're not understanding is that when the patch comes, and the community agrees unanimously within 2 days that it wasn't enough, we'll have to wait months for another patch. 

Edited by Eddie.9143
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Eddie.9143 said:

stop leaving the game in a terrible state when it's unanimous something needs to be done ASAP. like a f'in slap in the face to all of us 

It’s sad but if they haven’t fixed it yet then it won’t be fixed until next week. Wish they could stay on top of this more in the future, so that pvp doesn’t bleed out and lose players unnecessarily.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

Bro, it's 5 days to the patch, calm down.

3 hours ago, Eddie.9143 said:

what you're not understanding is if the patch comes, feedback comes unanimously in 2 days that it wasn't enough, we'll have to wait months

2 hours ago, gmmg.9210 said:

It’s sad but if they haven’t fixed it yet then it won’t be fixed until next week. Wish they could stay on top of this more in the future, so that pvp doesn’t bleed out and lose players unnecessarily.

Nah, the situation is much worse than anyone seems to be giving it credit for.

If we were to read this Upcoming changes and features/2023-07-18 - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) we can clearly see that not a single thing is mentioned about Elementalist.

If they really intend to do nothing about this, I will personally be 100% convinced that CMC is doing this on purpose as to troll this community.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, shion.2084 said:

Nor any mention of the universally complained about change to scrapper (in pvp).  Where they coupled your Rez skill and your one movement with how you get boons to shoot with…..  just idiotic.

I would actually disagree. The Kinetic Accelerators change was a considerable buff that trait. It gives you a fair bit more damage from the increase in might, and it gives you a ton of fury (100% uptime if used correctly- which was never even remotely possible prior to that change). Also, by not making it dependent on superspeed, you're free to use something other than Gyroscopic Acceleration. System shocker, for example, is a good alternative that you now can utilize. Trust me, I'm no great fan of CMC, and the game's balance is obviously out of whack, but this change isn't the one to complain about haha- it was a buff overall. The only nerf we got was the cd increase on Toolkit- the rest were buffs.

2 minutes ago, N A T E.3108 said:

I would actually disagree. The Kinetic Accelerators change was a considerable buff that trait. It gives you a fair bit more damage from the increase in might, and it gives you a ton of fury (100% uptime if used correctly- which was never even remotely possible prior to that change). Also, by not making it dependent on superspeed, you're free to use something other than Gyroscopic Acceleration. System shocker, for example, is a good alternative that you now can utilize. Trust me, I'm no great fan of CMC, and the game's balance is obviously out of whack, but this change isn't the one to complain about haha- it was a buff overall. The only nerf we got was the cd increase on Toolkit- the rest were buffs.

I think you disagree because you didn’t have 6 sources of superspeed on demand like the meta build does.  Plus you don’t count on a lot of range damage without nades or mortar.  It’s a nerf because if you want to attack ranged and save your mele related skills what are you now going to do?   I use to not have to waste rocket charge, or my class mechanic Rez skill.  And I had instant access to the trait

4 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Nah, the situation is much worse than anyone seems to be giving it credit for.

If we were to read this Upcoming changes and features/2023-07-18 - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) we can clearly see that not a single thing is mentioned about Elementalist.

If they really intend to do nothing about this, I will personally be 100% convinced that CMC is doing this on purpose as to troll this community.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: CMC is balancing ele for himself. He mains it from what everyone says, and my theory is that he is just a low tier player who is attempting to "balance" it based on his own poor gameplay. For example: maybe CMC plays ele one day, plays at a low level and loses a lot of duels to better players. From here, he takes his poor performance to mean ele needs buffs and goes ahead and implements the buffs to get his performance up to par with the players he previously lost consistently to. If he's a bad player (which his balancing decisions over the last several years make me think he is), then we have the answer for why ele is severely overperforming when used by any half-way decent player. 

Edited by N A T E.3108
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, shion.2084 said:

I think you disagree because you didn’t have 6 sources of superspeed on demand like the meta build does.  Plus you don’t count on a lot of range damage without nades or mortar.  It’s a nerf because if you want to attack ranged and save your mele related skills what are you now going to do?   I use to not have to waste rocket charge, or my class mechanic Rez skill.  And I had instant access to the trait

I suppose you could be right. 

It truly is a crisis. I was just in a match with 2 scepter catalysts on each team. Everyone else was just accessory to them. It's an actual humiliation. I'm almost embarassed for ANet by proxy.

Why did they give scepter so many instant casts? No other weapon on any other class has instant casts, and eles have like 5 of them. On top of instant cast combo fields larger than football fields. And the only signets in the game that give their passives AND their actives with no tradeoff whatsoever.

Permanent protection, literal invincibility for 3 seconds, reflect, auras.

What the kitten are were thinking? More importantly, why aren't they addressing it?

What the kitten are were thinking? More importantly, why aren't they addressing it?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, gkoogz.3089 said:

It truly is a crisis. I was just in a match with 2 scepter catalysts on each team. Everyone else was just accessory to them. It's an actual humiliation. I'm almost embarassed for ANet by proxy.

Why did they give scepter so many instant casts? No other weapon on any other class has instant casts, and eles have like 5 of them. On top of instant cast combo fields larger than football fields. And the only signets in the game that give their passives AND their actives with no tradeoff whatsoever.

Permanent protection, literal invincibility for 3 seconds, reflect, auras.

Scepter only has two instant casts and they’re both in air. I’m not counting hurl because it requires a cast to activate.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2