how do you kill signet cata?

felix.2386

1 hour ago, gmmg.9210 said:

Tbh you have to play a super burst meme build to kill it. It’s not going to be a viable high tier build in this meta, I wish I could say otherwise. This basically means Mesmer moa burst, or maybe zerker/thief/ maybe ranger? one shot builds of some kind. Other than that, there’s nothing in duels that beat it (until this coming Tuesday hopefully lol).

Can you stall it definitely on point with a war build (ie. if you have cap can you v1 hold a good one indefinitely?

23 minutes ago, shion.2084 said:

Can you stall it definitely on point with a war build (ie. if you have cap can you v1 hold a good one indefinitely?

Does defient stance work on condition damage? if so that would be my choice, it would soak up 20k+ damage if used at the right time, put you back on full hp, and he can't stop it. Maybe also consider the ranged immob ability, I forget its name. If I seen a warrior on point with no los too abuse, theres no way I'd be giving up that range easily, I'd even kite out with ride, just to reset range.

3 hours ago, shion.2084 said:

Pre signet buff, Condi Zerker with mace actually had a chance against it. It was (still is) a disgusting duelist build that can bunker a node like a tank. However, after the buffs and changes, even this build struggles. It can last a while on node, but still dies at some point. The only way to beat sig cata now is to meme the dmg so that it gets surprised killed in some way. That's your only hope.

I did a game, we were 3 people hitting the signet cata and this abomination kited us, even after 30 seconds he was still running and "boum" his team went on us.

I guess if you want to play god and step on ants, you can pick signet catalyst.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sven.7201 said:

I did a game, we were 3 people hitting the signet cata and this abomination kited us, even after 30 seconds he was still running and "boum" his team went on us.

I guess if you want to play god and step on ants, you can pick signet catalyst.

Seriously thats l2p issues.. the current condi cata lacks real burst clense, a root masked by condi and hes pinned to death. Their is nothing in this game (maybe aside from DD) what can escape 3 good dps, if you are all on highly immobile classes with lack of immob, then you would have failed to pin down even a willbender, and certainly an untamed/power cata... I would have kited you all for fun on vindi support aswell.

Condi cata is 100% kitten.. but that doesnt meant you can just blame all your l2p issues on losing to it. 3 dps against 1, and 30 seconds? cmon.. you guys rushed him like mindless bots.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

My condi berserker goes pretty even with them, and I don't have any great elementalist know-how let alone knowledge on catalysts.
If i did it would be a slaughter i suppose.

Anyhoo skull grinder does wonders. Mace 2 the face when in berserk, that confusion makes them kill themselves.

Edited by ZeftheWicked.3076

A high-skilled Cata can't be beat 1v1. Certain classes can survive those encounters better than others, but you will need at least two high-skilled, high-damage players to actually kill it.

Anyone who says otherwise is basing that opinion on limited experiences vs low-skill Catas.

ALIEN

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dorsai.1458 said:

The condi zerker (defense/disc) that's been popping up a lot lately can beat a sig cata especially if the fight is on a point. 

Edit - but who the frick rolls a warrior to longbow main?  

I haven't seen it.  The signet cata has too much cleanse to condi out easily.   With the fire traitline they get free cleansing, then they have water, then they can re-up the water again with an elite...

Edited by shion.2084

Do wish they hadn't remove confusion from Banish Enchantment. It took care of firebrands when they were wack and it would do the same to catas. In fact, confusion is such a rare condition nowadays, I find it rather sus.

No matter. Condi herald is good against cata, it does have potential against it.

3 hours ago, shion.2084 said:

I haven't seen it.  The signet cata has too much cleanse to condi out easily.   With the fire traitline they get free cleansing, then they have water, then they can re-up the water again with an elite...

Condi zerker rocking about 30k health.  Condi zerker is putting condis on you non-stop.  Cata busts out of fire attunement, his/her dps goes waaaay down.   Not saying it's ez win for condi zerker ...but other than celestial harb in WvW, I don't see a class that has a better chance.

On 7/15/2023 at 6:03 AM, felix.2386 said:

how do you kill signet cata?

Start by running a full glass cannon berserker. Hit a double unblockable Gunflame followed by an explosive shot.

Should normally do about 20-25k damage against normal professions but with the 45% damage reduction on Ele right now it should hit for about 11-12k. Just bearly enough to clutch the kill in optimal circumstances.

Follow this up by instakilling with a banner.

Only thing i've found that kills 'em quick enough to keep them out of the fight. Never do this 1v1, always have a teammate to drag attention away for the 3-4 seconds you need to complete the above stated rotation.

• Sad 1