Scepter Ambush Quickness Share?

Mell.4873

I know it's too much to ask Arena Net, but can you make Scepter Ambush Share its Quickness like Staff?

The weapon itself is pretty useless but I would love the ability to play Condition Scepter Quickness Support. 
There is a bit irony in the update, now that Scepter has Quickness Malicious Sorcery is even more useless.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Markus.6415 said:

I always wondered if the attack speed increase would stack, but it never felt that way.

No it's doesn't sadly, which again is super ironic. It should just be a condition damage boost like it is for Ranger Dagger/Torch. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Exciton.8942 said:

They don't want one spec to provide both quickness and alacrity. So it will not happen, at least in near future.

What is Chronomancer then....

55 minutes ago, Eddie.9143 said:

Having to choose between mirrors and dope ambushes sucks. 

True but they were so gimmicky in PvE. I mean during a Raid/Strike I'm literally dive-bombing red circles to try get my mirror stack just to get enough Alacrity out.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

I know it's too much to ask Arena Net, but can you make Scepter Ambush Share its Quickness like Staff?

The weapon itself is pretty useless but I would love the ability to play Condition Scepter Quickness Support. 
There is a bit irony in the update, now that Scepter has Quickness Malicious Sorcery is even more useless.

Kitten no.

Alac should never have been on Mirage to begin with. Chrono should be the Mesmer spec that can provide alac or quickness.

Mirage and Virt should carve out their own design space, not scrounge for crumbs of other professions' alac/quick design.

• Like 2
  • Confused 6

10 hours ago, Levetty.1279 said:

Quickness and Alacrity are on competing traits.

8 hours ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

And they're both terrible currently.

Is over capping either Quickness or Alacrity with no boon duration terrible?

12 minutes ago, Batalix.2873 said:

Kitten no.

Alac should never have been on Mirage to begin with. Chrono should be the Mesmer spec that can provide alac or quickness.

Mirage and Virt should carve out their own design space, not scrounge for crumbs of other professions' alac/quick design.

Hmm, maybe but it is and currently provides Mesmer a much better Alacrity DPS than Chronomancer. I mean I'm able to run traited Signets and Medic's Feedback on Condition Mirage while still getting 20k DPS. Power Chronomancer can't unless it's a pure healer.

Edited by Mell.4873

20 minutes ago, Batalix.2873 said:

Kitten no.

Makes much more sense for Chronomancer to give Quickness and Mirage Alacrity.
Quickness increase animation speed, which directely relate to time itself.

Alacrity effects cooldown, which has more to do with being rested than time itself.
It fit Mirage as good as Chronomancer. The whole "Oasis" theme.

There is no point having Mirage compete with Virtuoso as pure DPS.
It would be perfect to have

• Chronomancer: Quick Heal
  • Mirage: Alac DPS
  • Virtuoso: DPS
  • Confused 5

35 minutes ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

Alacrity effects cooldown, which has more to do with being rested than time itself.

1) Quickness is historically "physical speed", while Alac is more akin to "magical speed". Both apply equally to Chrono as a time mage. Certainly more appropriate to Chrono than mirage and actually if anything alac would be a clearer support niche for Virtuoso as the "psychic" subclass.

2) Sure, yeah let's just continue to delete axe Mirage and the fact that Mirage is built to have two very interesting DPS mechanics: ambushes (condi) and mirror shatters (power). I *guess* it only ever existed to cater to lazy alac players on staff.

3) Virt is trash, unidimensional design. It never deserved to be Mirage's DPS class. People play it because it is kitten easy and does way too much damage for a ranged class, not because it is particularly well-designed or interesting. Which imo doesn't reflect well on Virt players and their advocates; just a lot of apologism for being lazy and undiscerning.

Edited by Batalix.2873
  • Like 4
  • Confused 4

On 7/18/2023 at 10:21 PM, Mell.4873 said:

Why are you bugging the devs about that now? Wait for the next patch. The devs know what they are doing. Mesmer is in a pretty good spot right now anyway and doesn't need all this negativity.

😇

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, katte nici.9483 said:

Why are you bugging the devs about that now? Wait for the next patch. The devs know what they are doing. Mesmer is in a pretty good spot right now anyway and doesn't need all this negativity.

😇

Tell that to axe mirage.

Or alac/quick Chrono scrambling for clone boons.

Or Virt still just being a tyrannical pew-pew click-to-win trash spec.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

I mean it kind of was before this big balance update. Chronomancer Wells applied Alacrity and Shatters applied Quickness but Wells were very hard to aim and impractical for most content outside helping WvW sieges. 

So we did have what you laid out untill they started nerfing Staff Mirage. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, katte nici.9483 said:

😇

I don't think I am being negative.... 

18 hours ago, katte nici.9483 said:

😇

"Pay no attention to the mutilated mirage in the corner"

the one reason scepter ambush has self-quickness is to cover that 1 1/2 cast time. why make it grant quickness to people? lest we lose such aoe quickness in pvp and wvw for another boon so we don't have high uptime on quickness. just thank god scepter mirage has become faster at attacking without malicious sorcery. 

Edited by mirage.8046
  • Like 1

You all forgot one important fact.   Cmc dgaf about Mesmer.   You could provide a solution that everyone agrees with and he won’t, at this point out of spite, make the change/rework, listen, compromise.   We’re all at the mercy of someone who despises the class.   The thought of you and me wanting to play the class only fuels his passion to nerf, break, and down right make everything useless.   Until his ego is put in check don’t expect anything but suboptimal and very questionable balancing for Mesmer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, dead.7638 said:

You all forgot one important fact.   Cmc dgaf about Mesmer.   You could provide a solution that everyone agrees with and he won’t, at this point out of spite, make the change/rework, listen, compromise.   We’re all at the mercy of someone who despises the class.   The thought of you and me wanting to play the class only fuels his passion to nerf, break, and down right make everything useless.   Until his ego is put in check don’t expect anything but suboptimal and very questionable balancing for Mesmer.

I think it's the type of player that "did" play Mesmer. From the outlook it looked like the Mesmer player base back when they did get some heavy nerfs was very vindictive and spiteful that other players couldn't handle their mechanics. 

Even now I'm partly to blame since I know how Virtuoso invulnerabilities work and can pick out when to not attack them. This isn't true for most players who just tab to there next target and burst them down. 

Ultimately this is a casual MMO so if CMC needs to be heavy handed on a community of players for being poor sports then so be it. We don't really have any power to change his mind. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

They need to either increase the base quickness to 3 seconds or give it the same functionality of Alacrity on staff (2.5 sec and each clone gives 0.5 sec). Sceptre would then be a very viable weapon for open world PvE and WvW roaming/pug groups (don't play PvP so can't comment on that).

• Like 1