Disable Rise

It is completely busted at this point. More and more guilds are starting exploit this to cause crazy skill/server lag. It is not fun fighting groups in which I can't cast a skill. WvW will die quickly if something is not done soon. Please do something about it. 

Edited by AphoticEssance.7592
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

In all seriousness, Rise needs to be removed, reworked, or something. It is breaking the servers even more than they are. Once the server gets to a certain point, the lag can be felt throughout the whole map. soul started it(from my experience), now all the other guilds are moving to it. Its a joke. Roy even ran with soul as they were doing it and nothing is being done(favoritism?). Skills cant be used once so many minions have been spawned. Necro lich is also contributing to the minion spawn. This isnt some new issue either. soul has been doing it for weeks at this point. WvW seriously becomes 100% unplayable at the peak of the engage with people teleporting like a ping issue and massive skill lag for as long as the engagement lasts until minions die or other players die. Sometimes skills, like mantras, cannot be used for a time after the engage even if you die and spawn on the other side of the map. 

This skill was an issue before, got nerfed, and somehow has become op once again. please fix it or remove it from WvW completely.

also, soul has lost all respect tbh. gotta cheese like that just to win fights instead of actually being good like they used to is sad.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 1

I also noticed Soul were the only ones spamming it few weeks ago.

Looks like Rise! had an additional pet added to it after feb's update to 3, when it was nerfed down to 2 back in may of last year. Did the pve devs not know why it was nerfed to 2 in the first place? 🤔

The lag didn't really start until like a month ago.

Is that really the reason for the latest lag? Risenhowl says it's a tonic in the other thread.

If so, time to nerf the skill down to 1 pet and be done with it.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Silitha The Mystical.5480 said:

Roy even ran with soul as they were doing it and nothing is being done(favoritism?)

Roy and others running with guilds like this is the reason zerg fights are awful now.

They're also the reason boonballs keep getting buffed and boonstrips get nerfed.

It's beyond obvious they're playing favourites and wrecking the game for the average player to do it.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

soul was the first guild I saw running it.. it is starting to catch on with other guilds.  Maybe everybody should do it and completely break the game since devs don't seem to care? This is a legit exploit (not a cheat, so no beef). It needs to be fixed. I give them props for being smart and actually to bringing light to it.

Edited by AphoticEssance.7592
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kassablanca.5821 said:

dont forget the mesmer clone also part of the lag.

Except they weren't the problem in the first Lagapalooza 2022, and probably aren't part of the problem in Lagapalooza 2023, they barely last a second in zerg fights.

But sure, nerf clones.... and make virtuoso blades baseline! 🤭

• Confused 1

On 7/20/2023 at 10:26 AM, AphoticEssance.7592 said:

It is completely busted at this point. More and more guilds are starting exploit this to cause crazy skill/server lag. It is not fun fighting groups in which I can't cast a skill. WvW will die quickly if something is not done soon. Please do something about it. 

LOL BS, get a new video card from this century. IMO

• Haha 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 2

35 minutes ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

only if they nerf clones too.

but honestly, if this is the problem causing massive lag, just change it for a single minion with the combined health/armor of the 5 minions and keep everything else the same. Maybe even kill all other minion you may have? Like, for extra protection?

Kill what minions? All of them are already dead because an enemy looked harshly at them.

Maybe rise should literally be rise - restore all dead minions and give em some damage reduction for a while.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Kill what minions? All of them are already dead because an enemy looked harshly at them.

Maybe rise should literally be rise - restore all dead minions and give em some damage reduction for a while.

Actually, I heard they already nerfed the minions years ago. They are very limited now. 

I think us Necros need more minions to match the numbers of Mes and Rangers who swarm you from Blackgate, it is like a new play style disease!

Edited by Areoh.7495
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

yeh, I never liked the skill as a whole tbh.

2 hours ago, Areoh.7495 said:

Actually, I heard they already nerfed the minions years ago. They are very limited now. 

actually, minions are worthless in WvW but some necros still run the whole set for some reason.