why isnt willbender nerfed in wvw? ​​

Loke.1429

On 11/4/2023 at 12:11 AM, Riba.3271 said:

Roaming experience past few years:

Play any other power spec -> Get farmed by unkillable cele builds -> Swap to willbender -> Win

Cele Harb is not even that great, because it still has all the typical necromancer flaws and 600 range.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 10

7 hours ago, geist.4126 said:

Cele Harb is not even that great, because it still has all the typical necromancer flaws and 600 range.

Death magic with extra armor + protection makes it unkillable by most power specs. Of course the main issue is Celestial with how much sustain the combination of concentration, armor and healing power gives. Of course in ganking scene, it isn't great, but in straight up unavoidable 1vs1, the sustain is just overloaded for most builds to deal with.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

23 hours ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

Maybe it is because I'm usually on Weaver, but Willbenders don't seem OP to me.  They can hit hard, yes, but once their invuln chains run out they melt pretty fast to pressure.  

This is absolutely because you're on weaver. I've started running Willbender and noticed the main thing it struggles with is Weaver and Mirage, two things I usually don't mind on Thief. 

The burst Willbender has is absolutely ludicrous for how fast it moves with as many boons and effects it has, but as dumb as this spec is, I'd rather deal with it than any of the nonsense Celestial builds that are everywhere. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 5

14 hours ago, MercurialKuroSludge.8974 said:

somebody stated "WB has Stealth".

Considering this topic is now 13 pages deep, mind pointing out where? I ask because I did bring up stealth in my previous post. But I certainly didn't say WB has it. If this was seriously stated, I'd like to see it.

1 hour ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

at least, WB can be killed and requires a certain level of skill not to die against good players.

If by "skill" you mean zooming away to escape or reset a fight that isn't going well, then sure.

If by "can be killed" you mean foolish enough not to do the above, then sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

Honestly the best solution to the whining about willbender is for every willbender roamer to change to cele vindicator and let the people complaining about willbender enjoy fighting that instead. 

I know I already switched and it's great! Only problem I've run into with cele vindicator is other vindicators and elementalists. It's always a stalemate. But you pretty much farm everything else. Tip: if you run into cele harb, just drop a ventari bubble and lol at them. Cele/marauder willbenders are pretty much irrelevant to you. And thieves and mesmers can't do anything to you.

Edited by Kuya.6495
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

On 10/27/2023 at 1:16 PM, diomache.9246 said:

"We don't like that thief has mobility, stealth, burst and reset options"
Anet: "Ok, here is Willbender it has all that and sustain!"

5 hours ago, Twilight Tempest.7584 said:

Considering this topic is now 13 pages deep, mind pointing out where? I ask because I did bring up stealth in my previous post. But I certainly didn't say WB has it. If this was seriously stated, I'd like to see it.

Your excuse is that the person saying it is "definitely not serious".

My response is that,
1. You are unwilling even find stuff in each page by typing Control+F "Stealth" into your search bar, then just go back the last few pages from 13, and your excuse for that is "Its 13 pages long hur dur get it for me". If you are unwilling to keep yourself informed, I wonder what else you are unwilling to inform yourself about?
2. Even if the person who stated it comes out now and claims they "didn't mean it back then", it doesn't matter. Its still a blatantly false statement, and it discredits every post on that side of the argument. Because now everybody knows, ppl who want WB nerfed will throw out any ludicrous claim as long as they get what they want, this was never a discussion, its just a tantrum.
3. You ever wonder why YOUR class has dumb false stuff thrown at it? Look no further than the person who posts this type of stuff, except now its not about WB anymore. And not all baloney may be as easy to disprove as "WB has Stealth".
How about some "Necro specs have 2 HP bars" "Teefs get perma Stealth" "Mesmers/Eles have perma block/invul" "Rangers can perma self-rez" etc, Im sure other people can cook up some really good stuff for you, and it starts with these "jokes" aka exaggerations. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

53 minutes ago, Kuya.6495 said:

Honestly the best solution to the whining about willbender is for every willbender roamer to change to cele vindicator and let the people complaining about willbender enjoy fighting that instead. 

if it was that good more people would play it. i see maybe 1-2 vindi roamers in a week. wb, many

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, Polar.8634 said:

if it was that good more people would play it. i see maybe 1-2 vindi roamers in a week. wb, many

I wondered that too. My only conclusion is because the build isn't on metabattle. I had to do some digging to find it after I encountered it while roaming as marauder wb. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Kuya.6495 said:

wondered that too. My only conclusion is because the build isn't on metabattle. I had to do some digging to find it after I encountered it while roaming as marauder wb. 

If something is really good that gets to meta battle fast. I tried out condi vindi and it is bad. Tanky yes, but no damage. It is worse than Rene. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Polar.8634 said:

If something is really good that gets to meta battle fast. I tried out condi vindi and it is bad. Tanky yes, but no damage. It is worse than Rene. 

Check out Spudzie's shortbow cele vindicator build on YouTube. I modified the build by changing Shiro for ventari and invocation for retribution. I also changed gs for staff but gs has its advantages. 

Edited by Kuya.6495
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

14 minutes ago, Kuya.6495 said:

Check out Spudzie's shortbow cele vindicator build on YouTube. I modified the build by changing Shiro for ventari and invocation for retribution. I also changed gs for staff but gs has its advantages. 

Yes that one with low damage. Cele build should have good might to do damage. Rene has 20-25 for burst, vindi 5-10. And spec traitlines, vindicator is just not good for condi damage, while Rene gives both power and condi.

You take ventary over shiro, so it became real slow bunker.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Polar.8634 said:

Yes that one with low damage. Cele build should have good might to do damage. Rene has 20-25 for burst, vindi 5-10. And spec traitlines, vindicator is just not good for condi damage, while Rene gives both power and condi.

You take ventary over shiro, so it became real slow bunker.

Suit yourself 🤷‍♂️

12 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

at least, WB can be killed and requires a certain level of skill not to die against good players. If you want to talk about broken, try unkillable eles that basically kill you with auto-attacks while receiving next to zero damage and can heal forever, even if you manage to deal some damage.

wanna kill eles? play thief or willbender...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, MercurialKuroSludge.8974 said:

Your excuse is that the person saying it is "definitely not serious".

My response is that,
1. You are unwilling even find stuff in each page by typing Control+F "Stealth" into your search bar, then just go back the last few pages from 13, and your excuse for that is "Its 13 pages long hur dur get it for me". If you are unwilling to keep yourself informed, I wonder what else you are unwilling to inform yourself about?
2. Even if the person who stated it comes out now and claims they "didn't mean it back then", it doesn't matter. Its still a blatantly false statement, and it discredits every post on that side of the argument. Because now everybody knows, ppl who want WB nerfed will throw out any ludicrous claim as long as they get what they want, this was never a discussion, its just a tantrum.
3. You ever wonder why YOUR class has dumb false stuff thrown at it? Look no further than the person who posts this type of stuff, except now its not about WB anymore. And not all baloney may be as easy to disprove as "WB has Stealth".
How about some "Necro specs have 2 HP bars" "Teefs get perma Stealth" "Mesmers/Eles have perma block/invul" "Rangers can perma self-rez" etc, Im sure other people can cook up some really good stuff for you, and it starts with these "jokes" aka exaggerations. 

Hey, misguided friend. I didn't mean "LOL WB has stealth", but I guess that's a bit hard to understand on the conquest to protect your fotm build. I just wanted to say that WB is all that what for years is considered op for roaming. A cookie cutter build without having to sacrifice anything.

Sometimes this forum feels like kindergarten.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

On 11/8/2023 at 6:35 PM, geist.4126 said:

It is when you put it in a duo with something super mobile like a thief...

Not that I ran into that recently or anything.  

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

It is when you put it in a duo with something super mobile like a thief...

Not that I ran into that recently or anything.  

Rip

I've run into:

1 power daredevil and 1 cele vindicator with shortbow. You try to catch the thief to kill them first, he goes stealth. You try to kill the vindi, you can't, he's immortal. You try to run, you can't, the thief catches you and keeps you in combat so the vindicator can catch up and shortbow you to death.

That's what hell looks like tbh.

Edited by Kuya.6495
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kuya.6495 said:

Rip

I've run into:

1 power daredevil and 1 cele vindicator with shortbow. You try to catch the thief to kill them first, he goes stealth. You try to kill the vindi, you can't, he's immortal. You try to run, you can't, the thief catches you and keeps you in combat so the vindicator can catch up and shortbow you to death.

That's what hell looks like tbh.

Haha yeah; this was similar--the chill from harb kept me slow and I had swapped out my speed relic to try out Demon Queen--so I was REALLY slow.  Thief just freecasts while I try to kite, inevitably die from condis as can't outrun the thief, and by outrunning them I'm using up my condi clears and can't fight the both of em straight up as harb hard counters this particular build anyway.

Some duos are super wicked 🤮.

Also, kinda wanted to add more to the topic since its been going on a while--before going further, I don't want to seem like I'm singling out guard here either, I think Elixer of Ambition also needs a MASSIVE nerf in WvW.  Like kitten they're turning ranger plasma into 'throw stick' but this kitten is untouched?

Anyway, since topic is still going for like 3 months, my solution remains the same--just nerf JI.  They did it for Ranger Dagger in sPvP, they can do it for Guard in WvW.  I know it's core functionality, but that's how CMC balances. 

Just give it a tell so you can interrupt it, and/or remove the burn entirely from it and increase the CD to like 40-45 seconds (only in WvW).  Not even advocating for double CD like they did to us Rangers, because that's just stupid haha. 

Of course, they could just abolish cele and hit a bunch of builds at once but seems like they aren't doing that....ever.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, diomache.9246 said:

Meaningless gibbreish.

First misinformation, then this post with an obvious passive aggressive attitude.

OP posted in July, then got their title changed (by the mods no less), because they were being far too verbally aggressive.
Using buzzwords that don't even make sense like "Flavor of the Month" when in your same post, you kitten about "WB being op for years".
Throwing names and labels like "kindergarten" as soon as someone remotely even disagrees with you.
The irony is strong.
Any person who disagrees with you isn't on a crusade, OP and you are. And like the crusades, it was filled with malicious intent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

8 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

This thread is the one and only profession complaint thread on the front page of the wvw forums at the moment.

/whistles. 🤭

lol, I don't know if I could actually point to a profession that wasn't complained about thru out this thread. This reminds me of threads prior to the 2020 Feb Noodle all patch. NOODLES FOR ALL. YEAH! SPLAT! lol

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, MercurialKuroSludge.8974 said:

First misinformation, then this post with an obvious passive aggressive attitude.

OP posted in July, then got their title changed (by the mods no less), because they were being far too verbally aggressive.
Using buzzwords that don't even make sense like "Flavor of the Month" when in your same post, you kitten about "WB being op for years".
Throwing names and labels like "kindergarten" as soon as someone remotely even disagrees with you.
The irony is strong.
Any person who disagrees with you isn't on a crusade, OP and you are. And like the crusades, it was filled with malicious intent.

I really don't start quoting all your "verbally aggressive" things, because I'm not fond of wasting my time. Instead I wish you a nice day.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

15 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

lol, I don't know if I could actually point to a profession that wasn't complained about thru out this thread. This reminds me of threads prior to the 2020 Feb Noodle all patch. NOODLES FOR ALL. YEAH! SPLAT! lol

But most of those were excuses thrown in front of the willy bus. 🤭

A very confused Willbender -->

Edited by XenesisII.1540
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Righteous_Sprint

This trait needs to go. It should either give a 25% MS, OR swiftness, NOT BOTH. The fact that this trait exist as a master while the Mirage trait Speed of Sand is grand master is just shameful.

Speed of sand trait: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Speed_of_Sand

It's ridiculous at this point but that's par the course for Anet balance most of the time.

Edited by Waffles.5632
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3