How we balance ranger's one shot combo with pig pet?

zyra.7860

Considering what happened to cata

First sword 2 and 3 get 25% dmg nerf

Then they get +20% cd

Then he rolls the dice to know which 3 core traits to nerf

After 6 month he nerfs boar merge dmg, which is strictly related to soulbeast and could have been nerfed in the first round of nerfs

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

Maul (merged) : The cd is fine. The damage could to go to 1.8 for this cd (~20% nerf). I am not sure how it would play out but spacing the 2 hits with 0.25s could also be an option. It might feel weird.

Prelude lash : This one is hard for me to change. It is literally the only way to land some of the self root skills + is one of the few teamfight skills + is tied to the worst archetype (versatile) + has a long cd + is close combat. With that said lets try. I think the cast time could stay the same if the effect had a delay. Either cast time unchanged + 0.5s delay or cast time goes to 0.5 and delay is 0.25. With this cast time / delay you still have a setup that allows you to chain skills and is easier to dodge. If you want to remove the immob I would add something else otherwise it becomes REALLY underwhelming for this kind of cd.  Maybe make it a tether to where the ranger was when the skill triggered (at the end of the delay).

Edited by aymnad.9023

14 hours ago, zyra.7860 said:

How we balance ranger's one shot combo with pig pet? Its not very healthy in competitive gamemode to have CC pull + immob + 8-10k damage burst with one skill? 

Maybe a pull shouldn't have a 1/4 cast time (even faster with quickness) for a CC skill that also immobs you. Either nerf the cast time or remove the immob then a slight nerf to pet maul, even I can't contain my grin whenever I land a 10-12k burst on one skill mid CC+Immob it just feels dirty. I think sword needs a tiny bit dmg nerf and pig F3 then I think the build is pretty balanced.

Edited by Magizen.7842
  • Like 3

Oh I got this! 
Ahem...

Nerf Sword evades
Nerf Greatsword cds
Nerf Longbow 2
Nerf two sets of traits
Nerf all of the porcines and felines
Nerf Druid, then a couple of Core Ranger utilities

THENNNNN nerf the quickness, immob, and pig.

VIOLA! The Cata treatment :DDD

P.S. kitten, those Ranger mains sure are silent right now. Actual crickets. Crazy how some of them actually can't keep that same energy across all classes, and when they get called out they act like the forums don't exist. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Magizen.7842 said:

Maybe a pull shouldn't have a 1/4 cast time (even faster with quickness) for a CC skill that also immobs you. Either nerf the cast time or remove the immob then a slight nerf to pet maul, even I can't contain my grin whenever I land a 10-12k burst on one skill mid CC+Immob it just feels dirty. I think sword needs a tiny bit dmg nerf and pig F3 then I think the build is pretty balanced.

Only 10-12? Friend of mine was showing off with 16 (you know its all my health :>)

Edited by semak.7481

9 hours ago, Eddie.9143 said:

you nerf the pig pet and increase the cooldown on smoke field, 10% dmg nerfs to sword. maybe redesign birds on warhorn.

anything more and ranger will fade away back into nothing lol

Soulbeast isn't that OP. A few small adjustments will be enough while still keeping ranger as a whole competitive. Maul, pull, griffin stance nerfs would be enough. Throw in slight coefficient nerfs on sword for good measure. 

Edited by WhoWantsAHug.3186
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, WhoWantsAHug.3186 said:

Maul, pull, griffin stance nerfs would be enough.

Griffin stance is now OP?

That 30sec to 25sec CD change suddenly made it OP after 2 years of never being used (except maybe by Eura)?

?

Edited by Sandzibar.5134
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/28/2023 at 6:19 AM, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

I hate to be that guy, but... when the pig tries to get at you, have you tried parking it like its hot?

Lol, good luck trying that. I frequently get hit by maul from pets, that are 600+ units away. Its stupid. 

• Like 1